mtbr member

I am back in the game

Sweetness!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Looking nice there, what kind of saddle is that?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dummey
    Looking nice there, what kind of saddle is that?
    Looks like an old Flite saddle. I have two of them still. Great saddles but I always had them on my road bike.

Nice looking rig you have yourself there. I just got two sets of those same bars for like $29.00. Great strong bars for hardcore out of the saddle grinding.

mtbr member

Yep old Selle flite saddle

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeSS
    Looks like an old Flite saddle. I have two of them still. Great saddles but I always had them on my road bike.

Nice looking rig you have yourself there. I just got two sets of those same bars for like $29.00. Great strong bars for hardcore out of the saddle grinding.
    Those bars are still the most comfortable bars for my hands and I have tried about everything out there. I like them because of the bend and stiffness. I have them on all my bikes. I may get another pair before they disappear.

To your point on out of the saddle ridding, Stem stiffness is important too so I now have an old EA70 that looks like a tank but it feels Like an extra gear.

The bike weight 22 lbs with the EA70 stem (200g) and everything including pedals. I can get it sub 20 easy if I go rigid.....And change a few real rider parts for weight weenie parts.
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member
    Giddyup!!

Nice clean well executed build.

mtbr member

I love you mon!

Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Giddyup!!

Nice clean well executed build.
    Best bike me a fi got!
    Sit and spin my ass...

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    WHat's your wheel, tire, tube setup?
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

mtbr member
    Zion, long time no ride.

Lets get that new machine of yours out to Versailles or Brown County soon.

Scott
    "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always 20 years behind the times." Twain

Enki loves you
    Nice
    Those cranks look long, 180mm?

mtbr member

175mm

Quote Originally Posted by gravedoja
    Nice
    Those cranks look long, 180mm?
    175mm, thats how I roll. Which I had 180mm tho...
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member

Moved to Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    Zion, long time no ride.

Lets get that new machine of yours out to Versailles or Brown County soon.

Scott
    Scott "Mellow Catt",
    I moved to Dallas about 2 years ago... Miss Brown county dearly. And Nebo ridge for that matter.

I'll let you know if I will be visiting anytime to hook up for a ride. Nice to hear you still are SSing
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member

Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogz
    WHat's your wheel, tire, tube setup?

Running Stans Arch rims, DT comp spokes, Chris King hubs, Panaracer IRD front tire, Cross Mark rear tire, tubes for training, tubless for racing, Salsa green Skewers, CK cog 19t for (34x19) set up, surly SS spacer kit.
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member
    How is the riding in Dallas? Flat and Hot? Let me know if you make it back to the lovely midwest. Nice looking bike there!
    "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Cincinnati because it's always 20 years behind the times." Twain

metrotuned WoS
    Thanks for the post zionrasta! That rasta headset is the headset of champions. Champions danked out! I'm one of the same. Saw a new XL one9 with the previous EBB style on eslay a few days ago sold for $535 shipped. Was having visions of the niner carbon fork to go along with it since the carbon fork looks better on the gx2 tubing than the thinner steel. But even in the nude, that doggone massive logo. BTW, diggin' the XTR brakeset!
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member

Thanks Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by illnacord
    Thanks for the post zionrasta! That rasta headset is the headset of champions. Champions danked out! I'm one of the same. Saw a new XL one9 with the previous EBB style on eslay a few days ago sold for $535 shipped. Was having visions of the niner carbon fork to go along with it since the carbon fork looks better on the gx2 tubing than the thinner steel. But even in the nude, that doggone massive logo. BTW, diggin' the XTR brakeset!
    A few changes since the picture....

Changed the ENO squre taper Crankset for an XTR M960 with a boone BAshguard and a Blackspire mono veloce. The Biocentric EBB works better with outboard bearings that with a normal BB. Also changed the stem for a EA70 circa 2002 - stiff as hell. I can feel the Hope flex.

The plumbers tape trick that work so well with the old EBB on my SIR, blow donkey balls on the new biocentric so I use Permatex anti-seize.

The best frame I have ever ridden period! The One 9 blow the pants out of the SIR. I did not know how much the SIR flexed until I rode the One9.

I am cosidering selling my last Turner to get an Air 9. Sold the 5 spot HL, I still have the Flux hanging from the wall.

I cant stand 26" wheels anymore........................................... ...........

The ONE 9, is like an orgasm on wheels.....
    Sit and spin my ass...