Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How Long Will This Last

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  CLONG 
#1 ·
iv been riding my rig for a week now like this but havent had a prob but idk its gunna brak soon i feel it :nono:

See less See more
#5 ·
I tried that once.

It worked great until the chain shifted up, then I had a hell of a time getting the wheel off. Since I was riding horizontal drop-outs, I actually had to break the chain in order to get the wheel off.

I ended up bastardizing an old cassette to achieve the same goal, then I just spent $20 for the conversion kit.

#10 ·
yea dont ask how long it will last just fix it, ive done that before and its not a pretty site when the chain shifts, it bent both my derailleur hanger and my axle, fishcreek should recall that story

#11 ·
nuck_chorris said:
yea dont ask how long it will last just fix it, ive done that before and its not a pretty site when the chain shifts, it bent both my derailleur hanger and my axle, fishcreek should recall that story
ha! atleast yours got fixed. :thumbsup:

its just i had the same bad experience two years ago when i experimented on putting large cogs to act like chain guides, dumb idea. a small bump shifted the chain and like other posters experience, the result is a bent axle, if you are lucky.

keep a chain tool and band aids handy if you ever gonna keep that setup, which i doubt you will after reading the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.