How bout Adam Craig

racing SS in a UCI World Cup!

Watch more videos on CyclingDirt

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    He's done it at a few cross races also!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thats so damn cool and Adam is such a chill guy.....I wonder how his sponsors see it though. Wonder what they have to say about his race day bike selection. Not flaming...heck I only ride singles

mtbr member
    They were saying that it was apparently one of the things he really wanted to do before he retired. He figured that Windham was one of the few courses where he would not be too badly disadvantaged by running SS, so he went for it. Very cool IMO. And he did well!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I feel like giant let's him do whaterver he wants since he's been with them for so long. I want to see what his setup was.

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetrack View Post
    Thats so damn cool and Adam is such a chill guy.....I wonder how his sponsors see it though. Wonder what they have to say about his race day bike selection. Not flaming...heck I only ride singles
    I think Craig's sponsors know what they're getting with him. He's not going to win a World Cup XC race, but he's a great ambassador; interesting and funny guy.

Some of my friends met him after the race. He said he ran a 34x17. Just to put things in perspective I raced in Grafton VT last weekend. There was 144' of elevation gain per mile and I ran a 34x20. Windham has 194' of gain per mile.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    If you look at at his profile on the giant site, he was the 2007 SS world champ

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Anyone have a pic or description of the bike he used?

Witty McWitterson
    not the best shot, but easy to find, and clearly shows a SS.

Also found:
    Last edited by ~martini~; 07-02-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Just a regular guy.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    That second shot is badass!

I like reading about this kind of stuff more than who even made the podium!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I like reading about this kind of stuff more than who even made the podium!

While definitely not WC class or anything, I raced 12hrs at quantico on my rigid two weeks ago - basically 10 miles laps, as many as you can do in 12hrs. It was painful, but ranked 4th out of 19 in class. Over 450 riders in total and only 2 rigid's (including me) were raced.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Rad. Anyone know if that Giant is a SS frame or how the chain tension works on it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Sounds like a magic gear.

From his twitter page.

"More magic... @shimanocycling came thru w/ fresh 9sp chain, which works MINT with a half-link and 34x17. Nap time then Windham shred time!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Forget the SS...he rocked baggy shorts at a pro UCI World Cup race! Who does that? It's awesome that Adam doesn't take it too seriously. It's only a bike race after all.

banned
    Great rider, also does own or ride a road bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsepro View Post
    Forget the SS...he rocked baggy shorts at a pro UCI World Cup race! Who does that? It's awesome that Adam doesn't take it too seriously. It's only a bike race after all.
    I 2nd the baggies comment at a WC XC event!

CB2
    Jam Econo
    Who does that? Manuel Fumic.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    He is not the only one fwiw.. So, if a pro football player showed up to a game in jean shorts, would you get all excited and say how neat it is that he is not taking the game seriously...I mean afterall, it is just a game right?

I don't care what they wear, but rockin' baggies isn't something I get all stoked on. Who cares?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    AC is a pimp!!! ROCKIN SS and baggy shorts in WC and still beating dudes. Homie is sick in the enduro series.
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I find no climbing bars on his bike more interesting.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    He is not the only one fwiw.. So, if a pro football player showed up to a game in jean shorts, would you get all excited and say how neat it is that he is not taking the game seriously...I mean afterall, it is just a game right?

I don't care what they wear, but rockin' baggies isn't something I get all stoked on. Who cares?
    I think you've missed the light-hearted nature of this thread. We're just talking about a pro bike racer who isn't affraid to be different or have some fun in an otherwise "serious" activity...pro MTB racing.

Carry on if you must.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I think you've missed the light-hearted nature of this thread. We're just talking about a pro bike racer who isn't affraid to be different or have some fun in an otherwise "serious" activity...pro MTB racing.

Carry on if you must.
    Gotcha.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk View Post
    rockin' baggies isn't something I get all stoked on. Who cares?
    We do. If you donít, carry on with my blessing. It takes all kinds of people to make a world, and I donít mind in the least that you have a different perspective than we do. If we were all exactly the same, thereíd be nothing to discuss.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    I find no climbing bars on his bike more interesting.
    In the booth at Mont Sainte-Anne, RobF and ThomasF were discussing this. ThomasF said that the bar ends were definitely on their way out of fashion in favour of (slightly) wider bars.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fryed_1 View Post

While definitely not WC class or anything, I raced 12hrs at quantico on my rigid two weeks ago - basically 10 miles laps, as many as you can do in 12hrs. It was painful, but ranked 4th out of 19 in class. Over 450 riders in total and only 2 rigid's (including me) were raced.

That's definitely NOT WC-class, but it definitely IS something to be proud of. I'm posting this before I search (sorry), but what about a "post your SS race results/pics" thread?

-rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast