neeeds donation$ for bike

homemade work stand

built this one the other day and its doing what its worth. If you got one, post a pic of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails homemade work stand-photo405.jpg  

Low Rep Count
    Hmm, didn't think about doing it that way! Is there a brace under the top seat holder board?

I have seen lots of people adding some sort of clamp to theirs but that is an added expense. Yours looks like it cost less than $8!!! That would be me being generous with the price of 2x4's mind you!

Lately, I have just been using my 7' ladder. Basically, I just spread the legs apart and hang the seat on the metal hinge bar with the bike passing under the ladder. It works but does not give the best access to the bike. But I've had the ladder for at least 8 years now so I will consider the bike stand mod as a freebee!!!!

Retro Grouch
    I have an old style slider to transport my bikes and use to just hang the bikes off the end of my Jeep to work on them. Well I tired of that; and scrounged wood to make this ghetto stand. I still use it today..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just one more rep and I get the toaster!

mtbr member
    Although it looks to be bent in the middle of the riser, it isn't. It's attached to my bench and I think it cost me $8 to build.

neeeds donation$ for bike
    1SPD. i just cut a notch in the 2x4. the seat post slips in there so it doesnt slide around on me to much. Its good enough for washing and cleaning the drive train. Ive got some ring nails holding it all together.
    Last edited by tylerw; 02-02-2011 at 08:48 PM.