Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2308
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just files my complaint with the BBB.
    I urge others to do the same, it's not that difficult and you'll feel better. There are not nearly enough complains officially filed. We may not be able to help ourselves, but we may be able to help the next biker steer clear of this D-bag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber999 View Post
    Not that is answers anything, but he's got an F grade in the Better Business Bureau.
    Homebrewed Components Review - Motorcycles - Supplies & Parts in Escondido, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego and Imperial Counties

I'm quite surprised that only 7 people have complained. By the number of disappointed customers on this thread, I would've expected many more.
    In order to celebrate my last week before 40(weeks), i filed a complaint. Worthless? Probably. But, another way to warn others.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    There must have been a typo in the sales agreement. He must have meant to say 46 weeks, not 4-6 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

New Contact Info

I noticed that there is a new contact information page with a variety of different e-mails. Looks like Dan is trying to get more organized:

Contact Us

I am still very happy with my ring and cog (1/8"). I would definitely order again.

-D

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    He doesn't respond to those email address's either. I've sent two emails to them, one at +/- 6 months and another at +/- 7 months and not a damn reply to either. I'm sure he's just using these new address to filter the pissed of customer from the soon to be pissed of customers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by khskenny View Post
    I'm somewhere around 9 months. I could have made a baby by now.
    You've got to get laid first. Here, you're just getting fvcked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewM View Post
    I noticed that there is a new contact information page with a variety of different e-mails. Looks like Dan is trying to get more organized:

Contact Us

I am still very happy with my ring and cog (1/8"). I would definitely order again.

-D
    I've used the new contact information 7 times (at least). I got 3 responses at the start and none after that. Last email that he said he would get to my order was Sep 13th. Nearly 2 months after, still nothing. Sadly, all that email correspondence was 7 months after my original order. Doesn't sound more organized to me. Just sayin'

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    I've used the new contact information 7 times (at least). I got 3 responses at the start and none after that. Last email that he said he would get to my order was Sep 13th. Nearly 2 months after, still nothing. Sadly, all that email correspondence was 7 months after my original order. Doesn't sound more organized to me. Just sayin'
    Fair enought for sure!

I waited a long while for my product, but just given the uniqueness of the order I was okay with that. At least I did receive it. I never received an email back about Eta, but I did receive one promptly when I had a question with the goods I received.

I wish Dan could hire someone to respond to correspondence and even to help turn out units. The product is good, attractive and most importantly covers niches others don't (spider less, and in my case 1/8" in MTB sizes)

I hope that everyone gets what they paid for, if not when they paid to have it by.

mtbr member
    @DrewM. How long did you end up waiting?

mtbr member
    I wonder what has happened to HB in the last couple of months? Seems like he had a slew of issues, recovered from them, and then was trickling out a few orders. But I haven't heard of anyone receiving anything in a couple of months.

mtbr member
    I just purchased an MRP Bling Ring, stupid name but the quality looks good and it's made in the US with an equal price to HBC. With the MRP spiderless option and the many other manufactures making quality chainrings and cogs, I don't see HBC, with the long lead times and lack of communication being relevant any longer.

I really wanted to give HBC the benefit of the doubt and hoped that he would come around, but with other good options now available, there's really no reason to give him business.

I'm 10 weeks into my second order with HBC for a Sram spiderless chainring.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Low Rep Count
    10 days shy of 7 month wait for an 18t cog. No response what so ever to any email address for Dan!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

no response

I have an order from June. Emailed 4x and no response. I would not buy anything from this guy until he demonstrates he is not ripping people off.

Low Rep Count
    This may have been posted on here before and is probably pretty old by now.

HOMEBREWED COMPONENTS, 634 N ROSE ST, ESCONDIDO, California (CA) - Company Profile

Not sure the number even works at this point. Just did a quick search and this is what popped up.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket47 View Post
    He requires payment upfront then there's no communication and no product. I don't really care if he's backed up or not, this isn't how business is done.
    imo it's criminal activity at this point.

honestly, if he'd screwed me out of money the way he's done so many others i'd contact his local d.a. and investigate filing charges of mail/wire fraud. after a few upset phone calls and repetitive fraud complaints you can bet dan would enjoy some sort of "official contact" courtesy of the d.a.'s office.

i'd guess that a lot of the delivery issues would be resolved if he went to a C.O.D. method of payment. that's certainly the ONLY way i'd ever order from him at this point. too lazy to make and send what i ordered? fine... you don't get paid either!
    Last edited by monogod; 11-13-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    "I never TRY anything... I just do it." ~ Varla

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post

HOMEBREWED COMPONENTS, 634 N ROSE ST, ESCONDIDO, California (CA) - Company Profile

Not sure the number even works at this point. Just did a quick search and this is what popped up.
    this contact information might be of use as well...

san diego county sherrif - (760) 940-2898
    san diego county district attorney - (858) 694-4250

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just tried the Department of Costumer Affairs, at 1 800 952 5210 and the were no help. I'll try the DA next

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post

I plan on sending Dan a certified letter with my original receipt for items purchased and see if he'll respond.

mtbr member
    Wouldn't it be ironic if all you Freds emailing this guy is what caused his business to fold, instead of just letting the guy make the parts?

Sorry to all of you, but a one-man operation must be really really tough, with very little margin, and a lot of risk.

And then finicky customers wanting instant feedback all the time...I don't envy the guy, that's for sure.

Your bike sucks
    I'm at like 7 months or so.

This morning I ordered a BlingRing...it's already in the mail.

Wow.

mtbr member
    I ordered back in July and haven't heard anything....figure it could be a nice Christmas surprise if it ever shows up...

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if all you Freds emailing this guy is what caused his business to fold, instead of just letting the guy make the parts?

Sorry to all of you, but a one-man operation must be really really tough, with very little margin, and a lot of risk.

And then finicky customers wanting instant feedback all the time...I don't envy the guy, that's for sure.
    clearly you haven't followed this thread.

first of all there's no way the emails caused his business to fold because HE DOESN'T REPLY TO THEM!!!

second, it's not as though the "fred's" order and then expect constant email contact every 20 minutes until their product arrives in the mail. in fact, most people give him the benefit of the doubt for being a one-man op and don't even start questioning until some weeks pass with NO PRODUCT that they've paid for.

do you really think it's "finicky" to be upset have sent money to some guy months ago for a product that has not been delivered? do you really think it's "finicky" to expect an email reply to "where's my stuff?" sent to someone who's taken your money and not delivered a product? do you really think it's "finicky" to be upset to have no product, no reply, no update, no explanation, and no refund as the weeks turn into months? seriously?

if he can't handle the simple steps of... 1. receive order. 2. make product. 3. ship order --then he shouldn't be in business. it's that simple.

you want to talk about a lot of risk? the very definition of "a lot of risk" is sending dan money for parts!!!

you don't envy dan? well i don't envy the plethora of people who have sent him their hard earned money only to receive NOTHING as the weeks and months slip by.

listen, he makes great stuff -- there's no doubt about that. in fact, i'd love to use his stuff but there's no way i'd send him a single cent. not at this stage in the game. i have sense enough to learn from the mistakes of others, and at this point sending him money and expecting parts in return is clearly nothing but an exercise in futility.

i genuinely hope that changes at some point, cuz he's got some stuff i'd LOVE to order. but for now...

mtbr member
    Yup, what he said ^^^

40 weeks and this guy is still waiting with no money or parts. All those emails must be adding to the delay

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The part that really chaps my a** is that he's at least 6 months behind (based on my undelivered goods), and he hasn't changed a thing. He's still taking people's money, he's still telling them bold faced lies about lead times, he's still not responding to emails (which I didn't start sending until 4 or 5 months had pasted). It's simply not right, and unAmerican.

If his mother knew what he was doing she'd have him bent over her knee.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Anyone in the area, maybe go to his place, see how things are going?

Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast