Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,330 of 2330
    Did I catch a niner+?
    Just got the tough shit email from backorders. He no longer plans on producing Nut Tuggers going forward and suggested I contact Dan regarding my order. They were only $25 and I do not plan on persuing this any further.

Travis,

Thank you for reaching out.

You may not be aware, but Dan, the guy who you purchased the nut tuggers from, is no longer associated with Homebrewed Components. I have been working with him over the past few months in an effort to deliver the products he sold to his previous customers. Within the past several weeks, he shipped the last remaining items that he had on hand or that he had produced.

I do not believe your order was one that went out in the last round of shipments, but I can't tell you for sure either.

During the process of working with Dan he has been helpful at times, and other times it has been impossible to get in contact with him. I have been unable to connect with him for several weeks.

I do not have any nut tuggers on hand to give or sell you. I do not plan to make that product moving forward.

I'm sorry, but there is nothing I can do for you at the time. Dan is your best person to speak with about trying to get any products he sold you.

-Homebrewed Components
    hbc@homebrewedcomponents.com
    I would agree that it does not seem wise to take his name, might have been just better to take his equipment and dump the name. I do not see how this is going to go well going forward with old business. Seems he bought it to wipe the slate clean, well there are a lot of pissed off people with HBC and if you're not going to fuilfill past orders who would want to pay again for a new part when they've paid for an old part.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Agreed, Mr Pink. HBC is forever going to be tainted. I would never start a firm called Bernie Investments, either.

Kaishingo
    I actually considered contacting Dan to help him create a new business plan. My thought was to get away from his a-la-cart, custom model to a more traditional "A-B-C" ordering process (ie, what are your most popular rings, and I will bulk order and manage shipping/distribution, which is where he seemed to have the greatest issues).

Of course, first order of business would be taking care of all of the previous customers still missing products. I would imagine free product credits if old product is no longer available. All would have been on Dan's dime (no way would I go into it any other way.)

That said, it's 2014. Anyone who wishes to come into the retail world should realize this, and that the letters "SOL" have no place coming out of a retail company's mouth. Some of the replies I'm seeing here make me cringe. Part of me feels for the kid trying to make amends. The other part of me says that if he's seeing these kinds of responses from Dan, he needs to tuck tail and run away from the disaster as opposed to assigning his name and credit to that trainwreck. Hopefully he hasn't already invested anything in the company. If you want to cut and paste a more appropriate response to pissed off customers, here you go:

"In all honesty, I don't know what the **** Dan is doing. His records are crap, and he refuses to assist in any way. I came into this deal looking to straighten out his production so that I could still offer what I believe to be excellent products to the mountain biking community. Instead, I'm finding that Dan refuses to take part in exorcising his old ghosts going into the future.

As such, I'm abandoning any hope of unburying this company from it's past mistakes. Best of luck in finding your resolution with Dan. If it's worth anything, I am sorry for any false hope that may have developed from my short-lived partnership with Homebrewed."

mtbr member
    I placed order on 11/06/2012 and since I always wait for the delivery.
    I sent dozens e-mails and no single answer.
    HBC is a company to be avoided.

mtbr member
    Never heard back from Ken regarding my idea of providing me with ANYTHING (cogs, etc) to equal the $110 I lost...

Funny thing is I just went to HBC's website and was able to put a cog in my cart for purchase.

Are they really still taking orders?

SPP
    Rigid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Never heard back from Ken regarding my idea of providing me with ANYTHING (cogs, etc) to equal the $110 I lost...

Funny thing is I just went to HBC's website and was able to put a cog in my cart for purchase.

Are they really still stealing people's money?

SPP
    Fixed.

SPP
    Rigid.

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
    Fixed.

SPP

They are not allowing payments of any kind......"No Payment Methods Enabled"
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well total suck..... Ive been wanting a set of HBC tugs.. Now it looks like that is not going to happen.

Any good north american component shops?
    Founding member Nashbar Rebel Bicycle Club #0001

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Havn't received my order yet - still waiting (yay...). I wrote a new Email to Ken, let's see what he has to say..

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketchupsenf View Post
    Havn't received my order yet - still waiting (yay...). I wrote a new Email to Ken, let's see what he has to say..
    Response will be:

You are S.O.L.

Move on.
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

meh... whatever
    HBC should update their logo to this:

"Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

mtbr member
    I talked to Ken about a month ago. He told me that he could not get all of existing orders from Dan. Some were lost somewhere, I guess. So we were talking, if there were just a few people whose orders were missing, then Ken would simply send and move on. But he sounded like more than a few, and that'd cost him a lot - for something he was not responsible to begin with.

Now, some would argue that taking over someone's business should mean taking care of those unfulfilled orders no matter what. But I don't know what kind of agreements was reached between Dan and Ken, so I am not going to say what they should do.

meh... whatever
    when buying a business one purchases the liabilities along with the assets.

ken shot himself in the head by getting on here and announcing he has purchased HBC and then refusing to fulfill the orders due.

he would have been far better off to have simply quietly purchased HBC from "dan the scam" and then opened up a brand new business. before he even opened his doors he sullied his venture by associating himself with HBC and dan. he has now done even more so by continuing in dan's tradition of extending the galloping goose to paid customers.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post

Ken shot himself in the head by getting on here and announcing he has purchased hbc and then refusing to fulfill the orders due.

He would have been far better off to have simply quietly purchased hbc from "dan the scam" and then opened up a brand new business. Before he even opened his doors he sullied his venture by associating himself with hbc and dan. He has now done even more so by continuing in dan's tradition of extending the galloping goose to paid customers.
    this...

one chain loop
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post

ken shot himself in the head by getting on here and announcing he has purchased HBC and then refusing to fulfill the orders due.

he would have been far better off to have simply quietly purchased HBC from "dan the scam" and then opened up a brand new business. before he even opened his doors he sullied his venture by associating himself with HBC and dan. he has now done even more so by continuing in dan's tradition of extending the galloping goose to paid customers.
    Exactly my thoughts, simply buy the Dan's equipment and rebadge under the radar. That's all he need anyway, no need to take ownership of the name, now he have to deal with old warranty claims too.
    everything sucks but my vacuum cleaner.

ballbuster
    Bummer.

I was hoping that HBC got their shiz together (without Dan) and were cutting and shipping bits of shiny recycled beer cans. I need a new chainring for the singlespeed, and currently run a spiderless XTR chainring on M952 180mm cranks (and will be for sale, soon!) and was hoping to upgrayedd to some HT2 grade XT 180mm cranks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    It seems that Dan is running the business again. No Reply or whatsoever. F*** you HBC. Has anyone started any legal actions? I live outside of the USA, so i don't think that i could achieve much.

mtbr member
    Holy.... That is gorgeous!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geardup View Post

sluice box
    Quote Originally Posted by k@tze View Post
    meh

Stokeless Asshat
    Feel free to show HBC your love and send him some hard earned cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by k@tze View Post
    Zip ties? Not on my bike!

Want:
    650B rims or wheel set. 80's vintage 32 or 36 x 135mm

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff View Post
    Feel free to show HBC your love and send him some hard earned cash.
    indeed. he's probably already blown through the last of the money he defrauded from everyone and needs more jeep parts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It's been about 3 years since I actually got my HBC ring, (In a timely manner too, IIRC) - was jsut out looking at my bike and remembered what brand ring I had. Then I remembered the shitstorm that came later. Came back here to see what had ever turned up with that - looks like nothing, basically.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Any update on whether HBC is open for business again, and if the new owner is taking (and delivering) new orders?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Anybody know if Homebrewed in still producing chainrings?
    Lance Bowers

2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2004 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    1999 GT BMX Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    All reports is that the new owner never got the business up on its feet. The website won't let you order anything.

Low Rep Count
    Man, I cut my losses a long time ago on this one. I was only out a chain ring (which I actually needed at the time). Eventually I found Dan on another forum board dealing with Jeeps where he was fabricating parts for them. I don't believe he was selling them but more so just doing it as a hobby for his own Jeep. None the less, I got a warning from the forum board to not bring that business to their site and resolve the matter through other means. I had several emails back and forth with forum guru and ended it with links to this thread and others on HBC. I simply stated that all I wanted was the part or my money and I would be more than happy to move along and say nothing else about it. I also wanted him to see what had happened to all of us and to keep an eye out for anything that might pop up over there with regard to custom Jeep parts from the guy. He said thanks and in a few days I got a paypal refund! I can only guess that he spoke with Dan and perhaps gave him an ultimatum to either pay me off or get kicked off the board??????

I do wish I'd gotten the ring but surprisingly enough, my first one is still going strong. I don't have a second one for a gearing change out but at least I can ride. There are other ring options out there but having an M960 crank makes finding them in the right bcd rather difficult (thanks Shimano).

MSH
    mtbr member
    I have brand new black 20t & 21t cogs, as well as, a black 104bcd 4 bolt 32t chainring that I never ended up using on a SS conversion project if anyone is interested. I'll have an ad up later today in the classifieds with pics, as well as, a low mileage Forward Components EBB

Edit - Paid ad is up with pics of the chainring and 21t cog (+ other parts). Can send pic of 20t cog if you PM me--> Garage Sale - XTR 9 spd, Pike 140mm 29, Thomson, HB Comp. SS Cogs - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    Last edited by MSH; 12-27-2014 at 03:45 PM.

bt
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    guess i'm lucky. i got mine.

jct
    mtbr member
    just found a green 4 bolt 32t 104bcd chainring in my garage. new. PM an offer if interested.
    i will not yield to DH traffic.

ISO one entry for Grinduro 2017!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Members who have read this thread: 19