Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 2330
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Well have one made for me while you're at it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Well I looked into my crystal ball this morning and it looks like no one else will be making spiderless rings for my Shimanos so I pulled the trigger on a HBC 32T alloy spiderless in black. I'll report back when it arrives.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Great, we'll see you in June of next year. You'll never get the part fyi... I am at almost 8 months on 3 rings. This guy is a thief.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Well damn, I knew people were having to wait forever. But I was under the impression that he was getting them out eventually. Even if it took several months. Maybe my order will give him enough money to actually make one of your chainrings? Haha.

mtbr member
    Ordered HBC 120 BCD bash about two weeks ago for SS build. Guessing it might take a while. If U be like me, you cannot ride without bash. Had to go Hoggin. Hey we've all done it once or twice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homebrewed Components-hpim1017.jpg  

Homebrewed Components-hpim1018.jpg  

Homebrewed Components-hpim1019.jpg  

Homebrewed Components-hpim1020.jpg  

Homebrewed Components-hpim1021.jpg  

When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GriffMH View Post
    MRP's new Ring Bling offers no color options and I'm sure is sourced overseas and is 50% high price
    Actually the Bling Rings are made in house at MRP in Grand Mesa, Colorado.

MRP Factory Tour - BikeRadar

Gallery: MRP Factory Tour - BikeRadar
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    If anyone has received anything recently please post.

It's been 7 months since i ordered. Hoping to see something soon.

Thanks,

JT

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    My one year anniversary is coming up at the end of November. After 5 or 6emsils with no response, I've given up and am glad I'm out only a few bucks....I'm resting well knowing how much business MRPs bling ring has taken away from him. I'm still shocked to see people will actually still order from him knowing he's stiffed hundreds.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

Bullit for Sale!
    Yep still waiting (since June) like most of you. Out $100 bucks...great...

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Keener2.5 View Post
    Call your credit card company and reverse the charges. That's what I did.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Keener2.5 View Post

I have been waiting since April . Into 6 months, No communication, No E-mail responses .

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebmx999 View Post
    It's just funny you're disputing it 2 weeks in. That's not even close to what hbc says it'll take. Now you're wasting HIS time.
    Wrong. He needs to respond to his customers. Paypal's dispute jargon says that the time limit is 45 days I think. Unless the OP has some way to use jedi mind tricks here, he needs to get on the ball with his dispute. If not, he's screwed. I'm envious that I didnt have the foresight to raise a dispute after two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    In defense of Dan, whether he sends you an email or not, you did agree to the Sales Agreement which states "All sales are final. Please, no refunds or exchanges...
    In that very same sales agreement, HBC states the lead time. When I "signed" it by placing my order, it said the lead time was four weeks. At what point has HBC breached this contract?? Should I wait 6, 8, 10? 36 weeks? The HBC sales agreement is complete bullsh!t and the fact that He actually points to it when you try to get a refund is a slap in the face.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow View Post
    Wrong. He needs to respond to his customers. Paypal's dispute jargon says that the time limit is 45 days I think. Unless the OP has some way to use jedi mind tricks here, he needs to get on the ball with his dispute. If not, he's screwed. I'm envious that I didnt have the foresight to raise a dispute after two weeks.

In that very same sales agreement, HBC states the lead time. When I "signed" it by placing my order, it said the lead time was four weeks. At what point has HBC breached this contract?? Should I wait 6, 8, 10? 36 weeks? The HBC sales agreement is complete bullsh!t and the fact that He actually points to it when you try to get a refund is a slap in the face.
    Amen to that.
    Get off the couch and ride!

mtbr member
    This thread, especially the most recent comments, really worrys me since I ordered an HBC chainring for my new White Industries ENO cranks about 2 months ago and have heard nothing. Now it looks like I'll have to purchase the White Industries chainring if I'm ever planning on using my new bling. It'll be wasted $ if my HBC order comes through, and if it doesn't it's still wasted $. Great.

mtbr member
    I love his products. I've got 2 Ti cogs, a Ti ring, an Al ring and a bashguard. But...now that he's so unreliable, to the point of remiss, why does anyone still order his products? Beats me...

mtbr member
    I can't believe out of all the members on here that nobody hasn't tried to physically track Dan down and ask WTF? Is he actually still in business?

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin6 View Post
    I can't believe out of all the members on here that nobody hasn't tried to physically track Dan down and ask WTF? Is he actually still in business?
    Careful....people will accuse you of making a threat

mtbr member
    Careful....people will accuse you of making a threat
    No threat on my part. Just wondering if anybody has actually spoken directly with Dan about this mess.

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin6 View Post
    No threat on my part. Just wondering if anybody has actually spoken directly with Dan about this mess.
    I'm not saying you were....just saying somebody will probably say that. I brought up the same point and somehow that turned into "making physical threats". It was silly
    I do not believe anybody that has posted in this thread has spoken to him face to face

mtbr member
    I know all us bike people are warm and fuzzy and support the local guy making stuff in his garage, but seriously! If half of these stories are true, I consider this a crime. He requires payment upfront then there's no communication and no product. I don't really care if he's backed up or not, this isn't how business is done. I paid through PayPal and I'm not sure what power I have to contest a charge but I'm going to look into it. I'm on the short end of the wait time compared to others, but this isn't right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I paid wth PayPal in august,after no response to several emails I filed a complaint thru PayPal and he didn't reply to the emails they sent him.....finally PayPal refunded my money....I hope he gets things in order.
    scs

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm somewhere around 9 months. I could have made a baby by now.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Any lawyers out there?
    Just wondering what it would take to officially shut this ****** bag down, or at least his website. He continues to take peoples' money while selling open face lies about 4-6 week lead times, when he's at least 7-8 months behind. There's no way to contact him other than an email address, which he won't respond to. How much money does he get to steal from people before the law steps in, seizes his assets and makes him deliver or refund? I'm sure most of the people reading/replying to this tread, including myself, would not have placed an order if we knew how this ****** bag operates.

mtbr member
    Not that is answers anything, but he's got an F grade in the Better Business Bureau.
    Homebrewed Components Review - Motorcycles - Supplies & Parts in Escondido, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego and Imperial Counties

I'm quite surprised that only 7 people have complained. By the number of disappointed customers on this thread, I would've expected many more.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by khskenny View Post
    babys make the worst chainrings......

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just files my complaint with the BBB.
    I urge others to do the same, it's not that difficult and you'll feel better. There are not nearly enough complains officially filed. We may not be able to help ourselves, but we may be able to help the next biker steer clear of this D-bag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Climber999 View Post
    Not that is answers anything, but he's got an F grade in the Better Business Bureau.
    Homebrewed Components Review - Motorcycles - Supplies & Parts in Escondido, CA - BBB Business Review - BBB serving San Diego and Imperial Counties

I'm quite surprised that only 7 people have complained. By the number of disappointed customers on this thread, I would've expected many more.
    In order to celebrate my last week before 40(weeks), i filed a complaint. Worthless? Probably. But, another way to warn others.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    There must have been a typo in the sales agreement. He must have meant to say 46 weeks, not 4-6 weeks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

New Contact Info

I noticed that there is a new contact information page with a variety of different e-mails. Looks like Dan is trying to get more organized:

Contact Us

I am still very happy with my ring and cog (1/8"). I would definitely order again.

-D

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    He doesn't respond to those email address's either. I've sent two emails to them, one at +/- 6 months and another at +/- 7 months and not a damn reply to either. I'm sure he's just using these new address to filter the pissed of customer from the soon to be pissed of customers.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by khskenny View Post
    You've got to get laid first. Here, you're just getting fvcked.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewM View Post
    I noticed that there is a new contact information page with a variety of different e-mails. Looks like Dan is trying to get more organized:

Contact Us

I am still very happy with my ring and cog (1/8"). I would definitely order again.

-D
    I've used the new contact information 7 times (at least). I got 3 responses at the start and none after that. Last email that he said he would get to my order was Sep 13th. Nearly 2 months after, still nothing. Sadly, all that email correspondence was 7 months after my original order. Doesn't sound more organized to me. Just sayin'

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I've used the new contact information 7 times (at least). I got 3 responses at the start and none after that. Last email that he said he would get to my order was Sep 13th. Nearly 2 months after, still nothing. Sadly, all that email correspondence was 7 months after my original order. Doesn't sound more organized to me. Just sayin'
    Fair enought for sure!

I waited a long while for my product, but just given the uniqueness of the order I was okay with that. At least I did receive it. I never received an email back about Eta, but I did receive one promptly when I had a question with the goods I received.

I wish Dan could hire someone to respond to correspondence and even to help turn out units. The product is good, attractive and most importantly covers niches others don't (spider less, and in my case 1/8" in MTB sizes)

I hope that everyone gets what they paid for, if not when they paid to have it by.

mtbr member
    @DrewM. How long did you end up waiting?

mtbr member
    I wonder what has happened to HB in the last couple of months? Seems like he had a slew of issues, recovered from them, and then was trickling out a few orders. But I haven't heard of anyone receiving anything in a couple of months.

mtbr member
    I just purchased an MRP Bling Ring, stupid name but the quality looks good and it's made in the US with an equal price to HBC. With the MRP spiderless option and the many other manufactures making quality chainrings and cogs, I don't see HBC, with the long lead times and lack of communication being relevant any longer.

I really wanted to give HBC the benefit of the doubt and hoped that he would come around, but with other good options now available, there's really no reason to give him business.

I'm 10 weeks into my second order with HBC for a Sram spiderless chainring.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

Low Rep Count
    10 days shy of 7 month wait for an 18t cog. No response what so ever to any email address for Dan!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

no response

I have an order from June. Emailed 4x and no response. I would not buy anything from this guy until he demonstrates he is not ripping people off.

Low Rep Count
    This may have been posted on here before and is probably pretty old by now.

HOMEBREWED COMPONENTS, 634 N ROSE ST, ESCONDIDO, California (CA) - Company Profile

Not sure the number even works at this point. Just did a quick search and this is what popped up.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by sprocket47 View Post
    He requires payment upfront then there's no communication and no product. I don't really care if he's backed up or not, this isn't how business is done.
    imo it's criminal activity at this point.

honestly, if he'd screwed me out of money the way he's done so many others i'd contact his local d.a. and investigate filing charges of mail/wire fraud. after a few upset phone calls and repetitive fraud complaints you can bet dan would enjoy some sort of "official contact" courtesy of the d.a.'s office.

i'd guess that a lot of the delivery issues would be resolved if he went to a C.O.D. method of payment. that's certainly the ONLY way i'd ever order from him at this point. too lazy to make and send what i ordered? fine... you don't get paid either!
    Last edited by monogod; 11-13-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post

HOMEBREWED COMPONENTS, 634 N ROSE ST, ESCONDIDO, California (CA) - Company Profile

Not sure the number even works at this point. Just did a quick search and this is what popped up.
    this contact information might be of use as well...

san diego county sherrif - (760) 940-2898
    san diego county district attorney - (858) 694-4250

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just tried the Department of Costumer Affairs, at 1 800 952 5210 and the were no help. I'll try the DA next

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SPD View Post

I plan on sending Dan a certified letter with my original receipt for items purchased and see if he'll respond.

mtbr member
    Wouldn't it be ironic if all you Freds emailing this guy is what caused his business to fold, instead of just letting the guy make the parts?

Sorry to all of you, but a one-man operation must be really really tough, with very little margin, and a lot of risk.

And then finicky customers wanting instant feedback all the time...I don't envy the guy, that's for sure.

Your bike sucks
    I'm at like 7 months or so.

This morning I ordered a BlingRing...it's already in the mail.

Wow.

mtbr member
    I ordered back in July and haven't heard anything....figure it could be a nice Christmas surprise if it ever shows up...

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if all you Freds emailing this guy is what caused his business to fold, instead of just letting the guy make the parts?

Sorry to all of you, but a one-man operation must be really really tough, with very little margin, and a lot of risk.

And then finicky customers wanting instant feedback all the time...I don't envy the guy, that's for sure.
    clearly you haven't followed this thread.

first of all there's no way the emails caused his business to fold because HE DOESN'T REPLY TO THEM!!!

second, it's not as though the "fred's" order and then expect constant email contact every 20 minutes until their product arrives in the mail. in fact, most people give him the benefit of the doubt for being a one-man op and don't even start questioning until some weeks pass with NO PRODUCT that they've paid for.

do you really think it's "finicky" to be upset have sent money to some guy months ago for a product that has not been delivered? do you really think it's "finicky" to expect an email reply to "where's my stuff?" sent to someone who's taken your money and not delivered a product? do you really think it's "finicky" to be upset to have no product, no reply, no update, no explanation, and no refund as the weeks turn into months? seriously?

if he can't handle the simple steps of... 1. receive order. 2. make product. 3. ship order --then he shouldn't be in business. it's that simple.

you want to talk about a lot of risk? the very definition of "a lot of risk" is sending dan money for parts!!!

you don't envy dan? well i don't envy the plethora of people who have sent him their hard earned money only to receive NOTHING as the weeks and months slip by.

listen, he makes great stuff -- there's no doubt about that. in fact, i'd love to use his stuff but there's no way i'd send him a single cent. not at this stage in the game. i have sense enough to learn from the mistakes of others, and at this point sending him money and expecting parts in return is clearly nothing but an exercise in futility.

i genuinely hope that changes at some point, cuz he's got some stuff i'd LOVE to order. but for now...

mtbr member
    Yup, what he said ^^^

40 weeks and this guy is still waiting with no money or parts. All those emails must be adding to the delay

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The part that really chaps my a** is that he's at least 6 months behind (based on my undelivered goods), and he hasn't changed a thing. He's still taking people's money, he's still telling them bold faced lies about lead times, he's still not responding to emails (which I didn't start sending until 4 or 5 months had pasted). It's simply not right, and unAmerican.

If his mother knew what he was doing she'd have him bent over her knee.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Anyone in the area, maybe go to his place, see how things are going?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by csutterer View Post
    The part that really chaps my a** is that he's at least 6 months behind (based on my undelivered goods), and he hasn't changed a thing. He's still taking people's money, he's still telling them bold faced lies about lead times, he's still not responding to emails (which I didn't start sending until 4 or 5 months had pasted). It's simply not right, and unAmerican.

If his mother knew what he was doing she'd have him bent over her knee.

That's what pisses me off as well. It's total B.S. that he's still taking people's money. I really hope that all of you who are still waiting for their orders or refunds take the time to call the DA and sheriff and actually get somewhere. What he's doing is a crime, for sure, but unless a bunch of people are raising a stink through the proper channels, nothing will ever happen.

mtbr member
    If you need a 120 BCD bash take a look at BBG. Arrived in 3 days for $20 including ship. Place order for HBC bash three months ago....big fat zero so far and my bank account is $50 bucks lighter. GO HBC!!! YOU ROCK!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homebrewed Components-imag0126.jpg  

When the **** did we get ice cream?

mtbr member
    Is it a crime? It's definitely unethical, but criminal I am not so sure. I'm not a lawyer, I am curious at what point being really slow to deliver parts becomes criminal.

The need for singlespeed
    Wasn't that Ti guy in the centennial state making customers wait years for his frames?

All fat, all the time.
    Sorry if this has been posted already, I didn't read through all the thousands of posts....

If he is just "that" backlogged, why not put a note on the website & stop taking orders for a couple months to get everything caught back up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fotu View Post
    Is it a crime? It's definitely unethical, but criminal I am not so sure. I'm not a lawyer, I am curious at what point being really slow to deliver parts becomes criminal.
    Well, he has taken money, over the internet, across state lines, and not delivered a product. I would think that, worst case scenario, can bring that towards a federal crime. Delivering products in 16 weeks instead of the 8 weeks listed lead time would be "slow". 40 weeks and no product is theft. Although, i'm not a lawyer, so what do i know?

mtbr member
    You know what Dan really did wrong? He didn't charge enough. I don't know how he was doing custom rings in different anodized colors that cheaply. There is nothing similar available when you consider price, fitment and color.

I just looked up MRP's Bling Ring. $70 and one color choice: gray.

Looks like this holds true whether you are the customer or the supplier.

Communication is still vital. There is no excuse for the silence. I honestly wonder if he is incapacitated somehow.

mtbr member
    Well, he has taken money, over the internet, across state lines, and not delivered a product. I would think that, worst case scenario, can bring that towards a federal crime. Delivering products in 16 weeks instead of the 8 weeks listed lead time would be "slow". 40 weeks and no product is theft. Although, i'm not a lawyer, so what do i know?
    Just curious, did he promise a delivery time? Or did you just assume one? No doubt he owes you either your money or your cog. I am sure you could go to a court and get one or the other. But doesn't it take some kind of evidence of criminal intent, or evidence that your product is never coming to constitute a crime? Like, there being no business, and he isn't making parts, but is still keeping the money?

If he is just super slow, I don't know. I think there are some pretty cut and dry rules for what is considered criminal fraud, and what is considered just running a shitty business.

I do know that it is funny that people are complaining about waiting 3 months for a part, now. Seems to me this guy has been flaky for over 2 years, and people are still giving him money.

Now really, whose fault is that?

mtbr member
    When i ordered, Feb 7th, the buyer agreement stated a lead time of 4 weeks or "sometimes it may take a little longer". You're right though, at which point would the law determine my money stolen and no product will be delivered? Its hard to say and maybe only his local law enforcement could answer this question. I can only say, i have waited well over the projected 4 weeks.

I have already been frustrated with Dan's attitude with mine and many other's orders, money, and products. At this point, i am getting close to finding out how much legal action can be taken. I would hate to inflict extra stress on someone as the holidays are approaching. Although, Dan has actually placed himself in this position by continuing to take orders and not delivering on products that have already been paid for.

mtbr member
    I looked him up on FB. Here's his last post, from Sep 12:

Hey guys, i was down for the count for a bit recently with some health issues. Pulmonary Embolism scare, but looks to be more of an infection coupled with some GERD issues. i'm back as of last night, getting through emails now. sorry for the delay.
    His health might have taken a turn for the worse.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I certainly haven't seen any of my emails responded to since Sep 12th. Anyone else? Likely just more BS, and why Face Book? If he gave a f**k this message would have been on the website.

mtbr member
    I certainly haven't seen any of my emails responded to since Sep 12th. Anyone else? Likely just more BS, and why Face Book? If he gave a f**k this message would have been on the website.
    I'm not defending him, but maybe he's entirely out of commission, bed-bound and incapacitated...

mtbr member
    Why facebook? Are you living under a rock?

The one-man operation must be the toughest and dicest business ever. How many companies fabbing bling bike parts or frames have only one person doing everything? And how long have they been around? People need to understand that buying something from this guy is somewhat akin to commissioning art from an artist. You are going to get it when you get it, if you get it. Dude had a 4 week leadtime when everything was running smoothly. If any one of millions of things goes wrong, shitis going to go down, as we have seen.

Thinking back to some of the other "Custom builder Jimmy JamJam ripped me off" threads, this guy seems the least sketchy of them all. Just sayin...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I happen to live in a lake house. I'm also and adult with three children and a demanding job. I shouldn't have to follow every company I've ever ordered a product from on FB. In my opinion, if a business is having problems, which they will and it's understandable, FB should not be the only place the information is shared, especially if they have a website.

mtbr member
    Roughly 80% of small businesses fail in the first 10 years, something like 50% in the first 5 years and 20% in the first year...I saw this coming, he needs more help. Will I buy from him? No. Do I hope he gets his chit together and hopefully gets back on his feet? Yeah. My biggest beef with him was that he was posting videos of wheeling his jeep on his youtube page while this whole thread was still going. Stay home on the weekends and get a handle on your business, Dan.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    delete

mtbr member
    He should have a message on his website, but he may not have easy access to his own website. Remember, he is not a company and there is no "they". He is one guy doing this in his garage.

Anyway, I just checked his facebook and saw this message from Aug. 28. I don't remember seeing it before. I just checked and CHUM posted it here.

His CNC mill scrapped a big run of rings. That is a devastating blow. 7075 aluminum is not cheap. He must have lost hundreds of dollars in material. Then all of the time running them is lost.

Follow that up with ongoing health issues and you have a big mess. I have a one man machine shop, but my wife takes care of most of the office work. If I went down, she would not even think of putting a message on my website. I would probably think to tell her to post something up once things mellowed enough that I wasn't fixated on medical issues.

I have some sympathy for Dan because I feel like I am in a similar situation. I have definitely learned a bit about how to keep customers happy by following this thread. I only have a couple of items for sale on my website, but they are not custom pieces. Custom stuff is too much trouble. I think I will stick to stock items when I add anything more to my product line.

mtbr member
    Well, he's well enough to be fabbing up stuff for himself. I wonder whos money paid for this stuff?

I <3 dirt
    Still wheelin that jeep huh....sigh

mtbr member
    Yeah, he's thriving...

mtbr member
    What? Looks like we have priority issues.
    IMAG0183.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    He is alive and well, has money for material, and is fabbing up stuff for his jeep regularly. So he is just choosing to not make chainrings or answer emails.

Warrior's Society

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Climber999 View Post
    I looked him up on FB. Here's his last post, from Sep 12:

His health might have taken a turn for the worse.

Maybe the stress of stealing people's money is finally getting to him?
    I resolve to constantly assert my honest opinion on anything and everything - whether it is requested or not.
    Bucky the Cat

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Busy making skid plates and posting on Jeep forums.

AZ
    banned
    Well, he's well enough to be fabbing up stuff for himself. I wonder whos money paid for this stuff?

I hope no ones money cause that thing is an abortion.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan.Joy View Post
    Busy making skid plates and posting on Jeep forums.
    linky?

I <3 dirt

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just filed a complaint with at Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home, which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I called the Attorney General's office who sent me to the Fraud department, which sends you to IC3.

The IC3 should hand the complaint over to the local authorizes. If others do the same we might just get somewhere.

I <3 dirt
    People have already done the IC3 thing. Not sure how many people it takes but they haven't done anything yet.

mtbr member
    I just filed a complaint with at Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home, which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I called the Attorney General's office who sent me to the Fraud department, which sends you to IC3.

The IC3 should hand the complaint over to the local authorizes. If others do the same we might just get somewhere.
    I've already done that. Nothings come of it yet.

I still wonder if we all got together and called his local authorities, if they would see this is more than just an isolated instance. Would Dan rather at few trips to the courtroom for criminal actions or make products that have been paid for?

mtbr member
    Why aren't you guys on the Jeep forum haranguing him there? that would be interesting...

mtbr member
    Just send a link to this thread to the authorities. It's all layed (laid?) out honestly here.

The need for singlespeed
    Quote Originally Posted by negger
    no words to describe...
    Negative rep is apparently favored by the inarticulate. I am curious, though. What didn't you like about my question? You can send me a PM if you prefer to keep it anonymous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    what a great idea
    do you have the link and his user name?

I <3 dirt
    what a great idea
    do you have the link and his user name?
    Look up a few posts

mtbr member
    Some suggestiongs from ehow.com- How to Get Your Money Back From an Internet Scam | eHow.com .

I've done 1, 2, 3, 4, & 6. Next up is...
    5- Call your local law enforcement agency and the law enforcement agency overseeing the area of the seller.
    &
    7- File a claim against the person or company behind the Internet scam. Do this with your state attorney general's office. You should also hire an attorney to file a civil lawsuit against the Internet scam person or company, if none of the other steps have retrieved your money.

mtbr member
    Some suggestiongs from ehow.com- How to Get Your Money Back From an Internet Scam | eHow.com .

5- Call your local law enforcement agency and the law enforcement agency overseeing the area of the seller.
    &
    7- File a claim against the person or company behind the Internet scam. Do this with your state attorney general's office. You should also hire an attorney to file a civil lawsuit against the Internet scam person or company, if none of the other steps have retrieved your money.
    How many cogs did you order from this guy? Or are you going to try to do a class action against him? I imagine it will be 2 cogs and a bashgaurd's worth of money just to talk to a lawyer...

meh... whatever

&
    in most states one cannot have an attorney in small claims court. it's something that is handled yourself. the flip side is one generally can't have an attorney represent them in small claims court either.

really simple to do, just go down to your local courthouse and fill out the paperwork. filing fees are generally around $45-75 and if the other party doesn't show up you get a default judgment. if they do show up one doesn't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, simple 51%. it's more that the defendant has to prove his innocence against the charges rather than the plaintiff having to prove guilt.

when you file for your judgment amount (the amount you're suing for) you can also add in compensation for a reasonable amount of time that you've had to deal with the issue along with any and all court/filing fees you'll encounter.

then when you get a judgment against him send him a copy of it and when he blows it off you follow a procedure of certified mail requests and then you can lay a lien on his property (like jeeps, houses, business, etc.) that must be satisfied before they can be sold or liquidated.

good luck!

mtbr member
    lol, look who signed into naxja.org...I hope this person posts something tasty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homebrewed Components-capture.gif  

mtbr member
    That is so wrong. How do you know that is him?

I <3 dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by icantdrive65 View Post
    That is so wrong. How do you know that is him?
    Homebrewed Components-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353013615.018275.jpg

Google search of the phone number listed under hbc brought me to it. Also comparing the pictures posted by that forum member match the one on hbc's Flickr account.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I find this crazy. I don't doubt anyone's experience though.

I ordered from him three times...the last time being September of 2011. I received my items (5 cogs) by mid October. On my 2nd order earlier that year, he e-mailed me to confirm I ordered the right BCD, since my 1st order was for chainrings of a different BCD. I thought that was a nice gesture. My first order was sometime in 2010, I think, and I got my items...2 chainrings, and 2 cogs in an appropriate time frame.

So yeah...it's interesting that I've had 3 good experiences up to late last year, but now it seems things have taken a turn. Hope you guys can get this stuff worked out soon...

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353013615.018275.jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	737748

Google search of the phone number listed under hbc brought me to it. Also comparing the pictures posted by that forum member match the one on hbc's Flickr account.
    The plot thickens! What is wrong with him?

meh... whatever
    The plot thickens! What is wrong with him?
    you mean other than being a thief and a liar?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    you mean other than being a thief and a liar?
    There is no defending his lack of communication if he's camped out on the XJ forum. Maybe he's getting his Jeep ready for the zombie apocalypse.

meh... whatever
    There is no defending his lack of communication if he's camped out on the XJ forum. Maybe he's getting his Jeep ready for the zombie apocalypse.
    hahahahaha.... nice.

banned
    Pirate4x4dotcom has a mountain biking forum. Pirate4x4 is infamous for getting deadbeats to deliver. Any members here?

Google "wenzeled" for a taste of what they can do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    This message was posted on the Homebrewed Components facebook page yesterday (Nov 15):

to all that have tried to contact me recently, i'm not dead or missing, or on the run, and i'm sorry for the stress i've caused you.
    I've been having some severe chest pains that landed me in the hospital a little while back. Turns out they're massive panic attacks, however we werent certain at first. obviously the cause was this whole headache that i've created here. I've been on some meds and it
    's getting better, but any real stress has been bringing it back so i need to be careful. even this post is bringing one on. Doctor's orders were to stay away from it all for a period.
    I know.... woe is me, however having an attack and being laid up for days at a time does not get any parts made.
    I found that machining doesnt seem to trigger it, so i've been working on that. I'm just about done with a batch with orders ending on 8/1. they will be going out for anodizing by the end of next week. there hasnt been much in the way of orders since then, so the next batch should go relatively quickly.
    As for the future of HBC, i'm uncertain, however one thing i do know is this cannot go on. I may look for someone to take over the business end as that certainly aint for me, it isnt worth my health anymore. If orders stay small and infrequent as they have, it shouldnt be a problem, but once i get the next batch done it will no longer be full time.
    Again, very sorry for the drama, i never intended this to happen.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I placed my order on 3/28/2012
    JetBoy23 placed his a month or two before me.
    If HBC processes orders like the website says, first come first serve, that's 6 or 7 months worth of orders? How big is this batch? At this point I'm not sure I believe anything he says. However, I do hope he's not sick as he make's it sound. I don't wish that on anyone.

mtbr member
    the fact that he posted at all and is still working on cleaning up orders gives me some hope that i might some day see my chainrings...

"Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness." - The Matrix