mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Help with tire size question

I'm trying to see if anyone knows if the Schwalbe Big Apple HS 338 in 28x2.35 is actually the size to run on my 29er. From what I can tell it is, but I want to be sure before I order them.

I'm converting my rigid SS 29er MTB into more of an urbanized ride so these look to be the tires I want to go with, just not sure on the size.

Ovaries on the Outside
    It is. Schwalbe apparently hates using measurements that the average person understands. Shiggy could shed some light, but he's probably fighting icy roads on the way back from ACM.

Anyway, 28=700c=622 or whatever. You'll enjoy the tires. Closest thing to motorcycling lean angles I've had.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Awesome, thanks so much, yeh I've heard they are fun tires. Living in Florida we really don't have much singletrack and I'm mostly on paved or grass trails, or sand down by the beach so I think I'd really enjoy them much more than the WTB prowler SL's that came on the bike, I really don't like them for my riding.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Just ordered them off Amazon, they only had 8 left and from what understand they changed the tread pattern from the HS338's to the new Big Apples so I wanted to get them while I still could. Should be here Friday, early bday present to me. Can't wait to put them on and give them a try, I'm off on Sunday so should be a good day to get out and ride, def stoked.

Next project is trying to desticker the bike from under the clearcoat. I read a few threads that a heat gun will shrink the vinyl sticker under the clearcoat and make it to where you can peel it off carefully then so I think I'm gonna give that a go.

Then I've got to try and find the handlebars I want and figure out if they'll work with my stem and disc brake levers or what I have to to do with that.