mtbr member

Help me build up a bike for my son - SS wheelset needed

This is sort of like reverse spam in a way as I'm writing to see if someone has an inexpensive SS wheelset for sale. I have an opportunity to build up an 14.5" Kona Hahana (older model) hardtail for my 8.5 year old son, but the catch is I need to do this on the cheap. I can accomplish this by trading my disc ready wheels on my Marin Nail Trail SS for some non disc ready wheels from the seller of the kona frame.

But that would leave me wheelset-less for the Marin.

So if any of you have a decent set of SS wheels you are looking to sell let me know.

I would purchase them from you, and then trade my disc ready wheels to the seller of the Hahana in exchange for the frame, headset, bottom bracket and seatpost, and non disc wheelset with cassette. This would leave me with only a 165 or 170mm crankset to purchase. The rest of the parts I have in my spare parts bin.

Or alternatively - if any of you SSers have a non-ss wheelset you aren't using anymore - that could also work in this situation.

It would so cool to have the Hahana ready for Liam on or before his 9th birthday, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark

bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    This is sort of like reverse spam in a way as I'm writing to see if someone has an inexpensive SS wheelset for sale. I have an opportunity to build up an 14.5" Kona Hahana (older model) hardtail for my 8.5 year old son, but the catch is I need to do this on the cheap. I can accomplish this by trading my disc ready wheels on my Marin Nail Trail SS for some non disc ready wheels from the seller of the kona frame.

But that would leave me wheelset-less for the Marin.

So if any of you have a decent set of SS wheels you are looking to sell let me know.

I would purchase them from you, and then trade my disc ready wheels to the seller of the Hahana in exchange for the frame, headset, bottom bracket and seatpost, and non disc wheelset with cassette. This would leave me with only a 165 or 170mm crankset to purchase. The rest of the parts I have in my spare parts bin.

Or alternatively - if any of you SSers have a non-ss wheelset you aren't using anymore - that could also work in this situation.

It would so cool to have the Hahana ready for Liam on or before his 9th birthday, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mark
    umm... if you like i have a shimano M475 (i think) hub that you could have for like $10 us, Pm me if interested, i want to get ride of it, although it may just make things more complicated (no skewer, not laced or anything)
    People who really know what happened aren't talking. And the people who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up.
    Tom Waits

Not because I'm fast.....
    Let me check, I think I have an extra Sun ringle black front wheel in my garage somewhere. Disc hub, but not a disc rim so V-brakes will work. It came off my wife's bike when I upgraded her wheelset. You can have it for the cost of shipping if I can find it. PM me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2farfwd
    Let me check, I think I have an extra Sun ringle black front wheel in my garage somewhere. Disc hub, but not a disc rim so V-brakes will work. It came off my wife's bike when I upgraded her wheelset. You can have it for the cost of shipping if I can find it. PM me.
    Thanks.