grasso e lento

Help me with this........

On my SS it is full rigid and I like it..... But I am looking at these pics of all your bikes with front plushness.... Why did you decide to go that way??? I have an older Manitou I could put on it but I am not so sure I want to go that way......

-Dude

WOW this is my first SS post and I feel so much better......
    If you wish to be out front, then act as if you are behind

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude
    On my SS it is full rigid and I like it..... But I am looking at these pics of all your bikes with front plushness.... Why did you decide to go that way??? I have an older Manitou I could put on it but I am not so sure I want to go that way......

-Dude

WOW this is my first SS post and I feel so much better......
    first of all, congratulations on the post. baby steps my man. besides, we'll never tell.

As for the fork, I spose it depends on what you want to ride, or more importantly, how you want to ride. For full on xc (especially racing), I think rigid rules. Its precise, no mechanical issues, and lightweight. Even for dj'ing and even urban you can use rigid too(ask anyone with a bmx). Still, I prefer the suspension since it does compensate for some sloppiness here and there. For anything resembling freeride, I think you'd want some suspension (or a good doctor). I also think that if you ride really technicall trails, the suspension allows you to do things you wouldn't/couldn't on a rigid unless you have super smooth and pretty sick skills...let's face it, even many of the best riders here can't honestly claim those kinda skills. In the end, rigid is cheap to try if you are interested but I have never felt limited on a suspension fork in the way I have on a rigid.

To each his own though.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!