Thread: GT Ruckus SS

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

GT Ruckus SS

ok.. this is my Ruckus SS that ive just got, i just thought i'd post some pics since everyone else has posted their badass rides so....

the specs on it that will stay are...

GT Ruckus SS frame (obviously) with the EBB
    rims - NoTubes ZTR Olympic (heavy version, setup tubeless without rimstrip)
    spokes - front: DT revoloution back: DT competition
    front hub - WTB laserdisc lite
    back - standard GT branded SS specific cassette hub (might get a hadley eventually)
    fork - Fox F100RLT
    pedals - (when i take it mountain biking..) Crank bros. eggbeater Ti's
    cranks - Truvativ blaze ISIS (came standard) -edit, does anyone know the weight of these?-
    brakes - i will change these eventually, probably to some juicys but it came with tektro cable discs
    SRAM PC991 chain

stuff im getting or will be getting for it...
    i'll change the bars, stem and post, not sure what to yet
    king headset
    cranks - what to though?
    brakes - juicys ?
    salsa chainring ?
    getting given a king rear cog
    Last edited by moparchris; 11-19-2005 at 02:58 AM.

Pinball Wizard
    Jan 2004
    Nice ride! That's a cool frame.
    death is a star.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Sweet but

Stop it, my old Zaskar conversion is getting jealous. Its a shame GT doesn't think more of their frame and put better parts on it.

mtbr member
    Very nice- didn't even know that frame existed. I will be adding another GT SS conversion to the board soon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midtnSS
    Stop it, my old Zaskar conversion is getting jealous. Its a shame GT doesn't think more of their frame and put better parts on it.
    yeah, it'd be good if they did a frame only option too

does anyone know if theres such thing as an aftermarket remote lockout for fox forks, i find i use it quite a bit on the SS when i have to stand up.

i just took it for its 2nd ride, a bit of a struggle because i was out too late last night but still a bit of fun

The Top Cap Guy
    Nice ride - love the color!

FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I saw the bike at interbike and was very impressed, I like the old school triangle and the small tubing, looks very classic and classy.

In FTF We Trust
    That must be a steel frame, right? Are the components stock, with the Stan's rims? Man, nice looking bike, good to see that GT is still in the game. They've done a great job of keeping the quality and innovation up since the whole bankruptcy deal.
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by el-cid
    That must be a steel frame, right? Are the components stock, with the Stan's rims? Man, nice looking bike, good to see that GT is still in the game. They've done a great job of keeping the quality and innovation up since the whole bankruptcy deal.
    yep steel, the standard parts that are still there are the rear hub, seatpost, seat, bars, headset, brakes, truvativ blaze cranks and BB, those pedals but i ride with my eggbeaters and ahhhh thats it i think

ive got the king headset coming, got some titec pluto bars as well but need to get a 31.8mm clamp stem, got a king cog to put on and the rest of it will stay for now anyway but i'll get sick of the brakes pretty soon and want to replace them

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hey, less than a week old and pretty blinged out already , very nice, what size frame is that? We have a large and man do they mean large, 22inch seat tube 23 inch top tube, very nicely finished though, we will have to meet up for a ride sometime soon.

cheers MAMOI

34N 118W

specs

nice looking! I found a LBS that will be stocking these soon. Seems like a decent package for the price. EBB, disc, steel, etc.

details here

Good job!

Nice rig! That is a great color, too. I imagine these will give the Monocog a runfor the money at that price!

mtbr member

Are you diggin' the ruckus?

How's the ruckus been treating you? I'm considering one myself but haven't been able to find too many reviews. There's two posted on the product reviews - sounds like it may be a bit heavy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    ahh pretty good actually, its gotten a bit more upgraded than in those pics though, ive got a profile racing rear hub in their tangerene colour, thompson stem, titec carbon bars, mango CK headset.. and i took that ugly guard off. Mine weighs i think just under 11.3kg with all the bits that are on it and my eggbeater ti pedals

mtbr member
    Cool. How does it ride? Do you recall or guess how much is weighted with stock components? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    Cool. How does it ride? Do you recall or guess how much is weighted with stock components? Thanks.
    nah not too sure what it weighed out of the box, i prettymuch took it out of the box, removed packaging and the J2 and put my fox fork on it and then all the upgrades went from there so yeah not too sure. at a guess and i mean a really crappy guess probly something like 13.5kg but yeah as i say i dont really have a clue.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey MoparChris,

Any long term updates on this bike? I'm looking to get one cheap. How'd the EBB hold up?

thanks,

Pho'dup

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Please excuse the spam, but if anyone is interested we have two of these on the floor at BioWheels. Just give us a call...they are 20% right now!!

828-236-BIKE

Again, sorry for the spam!
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    this is my ruckus, everything is stock except for the forks

I didn't like the rockshock J3's they were alright but I found they bottomed out a lot so I tossed on my old '04 marzocchi bomber marathon s's and now it rides like a dream.