Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    912

    ... and if we just ... GOT MY MONKEY"STRIPPED&FIXED"

    hemonkey rides really nice same set up i had on my 26er just bigger i really love the 29er set up rolls better&smoother on 2.1's than my 26er 2.5's
    surly frame
    vandessel wheels &hubsres my new
    old richey logic cranks 36 tooth ring
    eggos
    mythos2 tirs
    eai 20tooth fixed cog
    race face stem
    no name mustache bars i run these on all my bikes
    pig dh headset
    old velo live wire saddle
    tektro canti's front only more than enough stopping power
    all in all budget build rides great
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    I am the owl
    Reputation: riderx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,705
    Fixed Monkey luv. Yummy Yummy.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    38
    B-utiful!
    actin' like life is a big commercial

  4. #4
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    Good job! Black and sweet!

    Looks good Dan! Makes me want to bolt the Nitto mustachio's back on my fixie 1X1....but the WTB Dirtdrops ARE nice as well!

    Looking good....we STILL need to go riding sometime. I'm "exclusively fixie" again...and lovin' every moment!

  5. #5
    Recovering Weight Weenie
    Reputation: Padre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,718
    36x20 on a fixie!!? You are the man.
    Covert-Ops rode up on me in the middle of nowhere today and buzzed my tire.
    He mentioned you had your build done.
    Sure looks purty!

  6. #6
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    36x20 on a fixie!!? You are the man.
    Covert-Ops rode up on me in the middle of nowhere today and buzzed my tire.
    He mentioned you had your build done.
    Sure looks purty!
    Dan, you are the "spinnin' man"!!

    36/20 equals 48" gear inches.

    I'm running 57"....34/16 vs. Rudi's 38/18 ('bout the same).

    I tried 34/18 (51") for awhile, and often swap the wheel around to this gear when the going gets steep... but descending is hell...I'm on the brakes ALL the time! Tell me your secret......I DO know where you live, and we ain't got no flat ridin' around these parts!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    912
    just got back from the first big ride 26 miles of twisty rolling single track it was great cold but great im a little hurting the bike was wonderful surly's just ride so nice and matt this is
    a 29er so its 52.2 inch ive been running 54 inch on my 1x1 i may go 34x18 that would put me at 54.7 inch.the biggest difference i can tell between this and my 1x1 is cornering and rolling this thing rails corners i cant explain it it just does.

  8. #8
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    just got back from the first big ride 26 miles of twisty rolling single track it was great cold but great im a little hurting the bike was wonderful surly's just ride so nice and matt this is
    a 29er so its 52.2 inch ive been running 54 inch on my 1x1 i may go 34x18 that would put me at 54.7 inch.the biggest difference i can tell between this and my 1x1 is cornering and rolling this thing rails corners i cant explain it it just does.
    Danno,

    You are the Preskitfixieman! I'm still a neophyte, yet learning more and more every day....

    RELAXING and concious breathing whilst riding fixie offroad (per Matt Chester and Rudi) has helped immensely. I'm still not up to riding with a group. Doesn't matter, either! I so enjoy getting out in the forest with a bit of snow on the ground.....working on my fixie skills.

    The Sofa King Ti King Pin and Giant TCR1 roadie just languish in the garage.....both unridden in almost a year. When I try to choose, I ALWAYS pick the Surly fixie.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fixgeardan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    912

    Good job!

    yes matt i can relate i ride solo 100% of the time others on the trail look at me like im a freak.as faras this gearing thing isnt 57 a tad steep for climbing i was hurtin at 54inch
    my cross fixie is 60 inch it climbs well short climbs but its 19 pounds.i may just throw somthing steeper to try .but going up smith ravine today at 36x20 was a chore.
    what you got planned on sunday afternoon i want to try these big wheels over at granite.

  10. #10
    King Pin
    Reputation: xrmattaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,255

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by fixgeardan
    yes matt i can relate i ride solo 100% of the time others on the trail look at me like im a freak.as faras this gearing thing isnt 57 a tad steep for climbing i was hurtin at 54inch
    my cross fixie is 60 inch it climbs well short climbs but its 19 pounds.i may just throw somthing steeper to try .but going up smith ravine today at 36x20 was a chore.
    what you got planned on sunday afternoon i want to try these big wheels over at granite.


    I'll be putting in a loverly twelve hour shift at the hospital tomorrow and Sunday.

    Someday, we'll get together for a ride....I promise!!

  11. #11
    surlysoul
    Guest

    I like your monkey

    Nice ride

  12. #12
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,222

    Nice!

    My Monkey is also fixed. If I dan ever figure out how to size down pics, I'll post 'em.
    I'm running a 52" gear on mine, and it's a pain on the way down- I'll be going with a 54.7" on the Wily, though!
    Nice bike, Dan!

    the los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •