• 05-24-2008
    jflurett
    Good price for a Langster New York?
    A local shop said $620, specialized's site says $740 or w/e.

Is this about as good as it gets for a new one?
  • 05-24-2008
    Doggity
    For that price, I'd grab it. You may be able to do a little better on the net, but I doubt it'd be worth your time, with s/h. Plus, the good will of a LBS that you bought the bike from can be very worthwhile.
  • 05-24-2008
    KDGast
    Definitely a good price. Less than I paid for my Langster London.
  • 05-24-2008
    jflurett
    Tested it out. I'm not sure I"m sold on it. I LOVE the look of it and the "Driver carries less than $20" bit... but man those bars are more narrow than I thought. Seemed like it would present balance issues out of the seat huffing it. Also it's very narrow in it's use.

Looked at a San Jose and a Tricross. Rode the San Jose a little bit (store was closing) didn't have time for the tricross. Seems like for the deals they have the tricross wouldn't be a bad buy. I just hate the color of it.
  • 05-25-2008
    dumbaSS
    Buy the Langster and slap whatever width bars you want on it, not real expensive.
  • 05-25-2008
    jflurett
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbaSS
    Buy the Langster and slap whatever width bars you want on it, not real expensive.

It's not just the bars, it's not being able to put on some larger tires, and do some light trail work.
  • 05-25-2008
    jddjirikian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jflurett
    It's not just the bars, it's not being able to put on some larger tires, and do some light trail work.

The Langster's not necessarily the right bike for that.

You might want to check out the Bianchi San Jose if you'd like room for beefier tires and plan on mixing in some trails.
  • 05-25-2008
    jflurett
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jddjirikian
    The Langster's not necessarily the right bike for that.

You might want to check out the Bianchi San Jose if you'd like room for beefier tires and plan on mixing in some trails.

see post #4