Faster Than Your TV!

Good news soon from the fine folks at Surly...

Looks like a disc version of the New hub is due out soon. Not sure of the date, but Nick at Surly--whom I can't say enough good things about in terms of his outstanding customer service--just emailed me some specs on the non-disc New hub. On the second page was specs for a Disc New hub (no image though).

Nick indicated that the page should be posted on the site soon; so I'm guessing the product will have to be available then as well. "Soon" is a relative term, but it looks like it's on the near horizon, anyway.
    "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailleur? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!'' -- Henri Desgrange, from an article in L'Equipe

Wrench In the Gears

Fight the Kakistocracy!

veelz

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclaSSt
    Looks like a disc version of the New hub is due out soon. Not sure of the date, but Nick at Surly--whom I can't say enough good things about in terms of his outstanding customer service--just emailed me some specs on the non-disc New hub. On the second page was specs for a Disc New hub (no image though).

Nick indicated that the page should be posted on the site soon; so I'm guessing the product will have to be available then as well. "Soon" is a relative term, but it looks like it's on the near horizon, anyway.
    I noticed on the website the other day that they are going to produce stainless steel chainrings, unramped as well. It is nice to see a company that thinks of us SSers as real people, the price might be a little easier to stomach also than the spots and such.

veelz
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.

blame me for missed rides
    Quote Originally Posted by veelz
    I noticed on the website the other day that they are going to produce stainless steel chainrings, unramped as well.
    i cant seem to find it. where exactly? thanks

King Pin

Surly disc hubs

I've been watching QBP.com for release on the hubs....since I work part time for my LBS.. ; ). Nice pricing! I'll have me some when they come out.

I've not yet gone to disc brakes on my Sofa King, haven't been able to justify the cost, 'til now....soon.
    Last edited by xrmattaz; 01-27-2004 at 09:43 AM.

Bryn Mawr Borracho
    Jan 2004

SWERVE Brewing: Nick @Surly also makes great beer!

Rides tough, too. This shot is from the Pabst Blue Ribbon sponsored Bike Swap last fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    carsrcoffins.com

Fight the Kakistocracy!

new products section

Quote Originally Posted by weather
    i cant seem to find it. where exactly? thanks
    I just emailed to find pricing and availability, I will post when I find out.

veelz

added- I just got an email back, ETA end of summer, but no idea of pricing. But he assured me that they were going to make them.
    Last edited by veelz; 01-27-2004 at 10:39 AM. Reason: new info
    veelz

Gravity, not just a good idea, it's a law.
    The only one consistently and constantly applied, no exceptions.