Ride Hard Live Easy

Good, 853 or like, 26inch wheeled!! ss frame at decent price?

Having a hard time finding an 853 or comparable steel ss frame that actually has 26" wheels for us non-giants that doesn't cost a grand. I'd also like it to be multi geared compatible for versatility. Any ideas, especially on older frames that I might find good deals on used. Thanks, JW Murrah
    If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.

Henry Ford

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i think On-One has a sliding dropout cromoly inbred. For vertical dropouts to run with a tensioner there is also the Voodoo Bizango which is one of the cheapest 853 frames i have seen. Or if u dont want a tensioner u could use a ebb rear hub.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If your cool to run a tensioner, there are some jamis dargon's on ebay, or voodoo's

Mtn Biker Machinist

Zion853 EBB

If you can find the original Zion 853 EBB from Jenson USA, it has everything you are looking for. Too bad they only have the new models in stock. Mine was from the first run, and it has an EBB, deraileur hanger, and is 853 steel. It was cheap too, I paid 230, but hey were clearing them out at 179 before they got the new ones in.

Heres an old pic of mine, now has a Salsa fork and avid V's, but it is a great ride!

Check Ebay, one may pop up. Good luck

frog
    Attached Images Attached Images

Combat Wombat
    The On-Ones no longer utilize sliding dropouts, but use horizontal dropouts and are setup with a derailleur hanger to run either single or geared. I called these guys several months ago, www.redstonecyclery.com, and was told $400 for a 26" frame. I think that was shipped as well, so I thought that was a pretty good deal. This years model also comes in a nice looking red, which is kind of a nice break from all the "standard" colors that SSs seem to be available in.

Brian

Brian

Having a nice day!
    Seems like the Voodoo Bizango would fit the bill, without dropping too many bills.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    not sure if you have wheels already but if not, the i would HIGHLY recommend this 853 frame for only $279. I believe its basically the Rocky Mountain or Jamis frame (cant remember).....i would get wheels with a rear ENO eccentric which is the bomb. of all the single speeds i have had thus far (6 now), my favorite setup was using the ENO ecc.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...Frames%2FBikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I've been running the 853 nashbar with 36:18 gearing without a tensioner for almost a year. With that said I ride my Surly 1x1 about 90% more often.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Recent shot of the nashbar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Are those forks sl 600s?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gmx
    Are those forks sl 600s?
    Older fork.... Marzocchi Bomber MX PRO ETA TAS. 2006

don't try this at home
    what's with the pizza cutters around the rear hub?
    will you rep me?

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bike_daemon
    Older fork.... Marzocchi Bomber MX PRO ETA TAS. 2006

Thanks. How do you like it?