mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Giant XTC two2one

I have a guy near me selling a Giant XTC two2one frame with rear brake adapter and integrated headset for $80, it's never been used. I'm thinking of taking parts from one of my Treks and making a bike to sell. To sort of consolidate my many parts. About what should I expect to get out of it roughly? Just trying to get a fell for if it's worth it, I know it's not enough information but any input is helpful. Thanks

Apr 2007
    Depends on what parts will be on the bike, but a 26", aluminum frame with no disc tabs most likely won't fetch too much. $200, at most is what I'd say (with decent parts). Also, what is a "rear brake adapter?" For disc brakes?

mtbr member
    I owned one of these, with the disc brake adapter and torque arm, and it was a very nice, light weight frame. I got rid of it because I hated having to remove the rear brake caliper and torque arm every time I got a puncture on the rear. Other than that it was a great frame.

The need for singlespeed
    Oh, the irony! I offered that guy $300 to ship his frame to me in MD and he never replied. What a maroon!

Snatch that bastard up, build a badass wicked mullet, and ride the **** out of it, yo.