mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Gary Fisher Rig.

Once I started looking for my first single speed bike the Gary Fisher Rig immedietlt caught my attention. I've been looking at this bike for about 1 week now and could proabably tell you everything about it because I've really done my homework on it. So since I already know all the spec's and things like that what I'm looking for is what you think of it. Things like how it handles, if the gearing is good, and any upgrades or tips. Right now I'm definelty going to upgrade the saddle to an evoke RXL I have. I'll also upgrade the stem and handlebars to most likely a thompson stem and a carbon bontrager bar. So post anything and everything you have to say about this bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Tons of fun!

I've had mine for about a month (09 model). I put an aluminum 18t king cog on the rear and I'm getting ready to replace the bars because I bent them.

If you aren't looking at buying a new rig, something to consider would be the difference in geometries and forks that occur between 07 and 09 models. Additionally, if you have any inklings of going geared, you will want to look at the later model frames because they already have the cable guides brazed on.

Get one and enjoy it!

Got a suspension fork
    I considered the Rig also, I like that they went to horizontal dropouts for this year, dig the TLR wheelset, but ultimately I decided Steel was right for me and hence the Kona Unit on order.

Definitely run tubeless, otherwise I think the bike is spec'd out pretty darn well, ride it and enjoy it.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

banned
    Sep 2010
    10 model year has the replaceable dropout that gives you the ability to run geared if you want to .

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I definetly don't want to run geared on this bike. About 7 months ago I spent $3,000 on my XC race bike. I'm getting this bike because I know it'll be a lot of fun and I know it'll strengthen my legs. One of the biggest things I'm looking for from this bike is building more muscle in my legs and making me a faster rider when I'm on my geared bike. I'm going to cat up for next years racing season and might be going out to Colorado for the National Championships so conditioning is really important to me right now.

Kiss my Grits!

Hans or Frans?

Two of my friends ride (older) Rigs and love 'em

I'm looking for from this bike is building more muscle in my legs and making me a faster rider when I'm on my geared bike.
    You can build muscle mass pretty quickly on a SS if you push yourself. Once you can clear your regular trails, go bigger in the front and/or smaller in the rear.
    Sometimes, with a very strenuous effort, I will fatigue.

veinte nueve pulgadas
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott
    10 model year has the replaceable dropout that gives you the ability to run geared if you want to .
    so did 08 (mocha) and 09 (root beer).

I rocked an 07, 08, and 09. rode them hard, put them away wet and they never let me down.