Steamroller

Freebie Fixie project for a So Cal'r

A friend gave me this fine old lugged chromoly univega road bike the other day. It has been out in the weather for a while, but it is all there and mostly working. It could be restored to it's origional glory as a 15 speed road bike but, it just screams "fix me". I have too many bikes and already have a fixie project on the drawing board, one that fits. So, I want to give this up to someone who will do right by it. The frame is a 57cm center to center, current wheels are 27" and pretty straight though the spokes are rusty.

This is a local pick-up only deal, I won't ship it! Even the good Karma earned by giving away a bike is not worth the hassle of shipping it.
    I could possibly deliver in OC or the East side of LA, but that will require some sort of bribery. I may keep the rear rack, it's pretty nice. First come first served, if you want it PM me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=2]Two Wheeled and Too Big[/SIZE]

34N 118W

if no takers...

consider the Kitchen.

Steamroller

The Kitchen was my second option

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    consider the Kitchen.
    Yes thanks Hollywood, I know about them and keep them in mind. I tend to have several of these kinds of bikes come my way every year, this time I decided to see if someone on the forum wanted it. I got a PM from and adoptive dad who I hope will give it a good home.

I actually have another bike on the side of my house that is going to be directed to The Kitchen, it's one of those half-assed BMX bikes with a bunch of fake plastic motorcycle parts on it. I figure some kid will be stoked to get it as a project.........hmmmm, I could picture you riding it in some event though. Let me know if you want it

giddy up!

Pick me Pick me...

I really really want it. That thing screams "turn me into that fixed crosser you keep talking about".

Let me know Matt, I'd be ecstatic to take it.

B

Afterthought: I just noticed the 57ctc part....dangit....that's a bit big for me.

Oh well.

B
    Last edited by donkey; 07-09-2005 at 02:57 PM.
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    well being new to the forums, i am not sure if I would qualify to be honored enough to be bestowed such a fine gift. But i am very much interested in the bike. I am a friend of Jim's. I believe you helped him build up a Mia SS

mtbr member
    Sweet.

Looks like my 1976 Huffy ten speed that I turned into a fixie. I frikkin love that bike. I'd take a bullet for it.

Oh , yours is cool too.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

Steamroller

It was spoken for by PM

I got a PM within and hour and a half of posting it, but if it falls through I'll let you guys know.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You got me thinking.

If anyone has a bike of similar vintage, I'm looking for a decent quality bike to convert to my second road bike (59 cm, hopefully >57 tt) Old Treks are my first choice, but I'll take just about anything. And I'll pay something on top of shipping. (drop a PM if you've got anything you want to unload)

SS content? My Trek fixie should be done within a week or so!

YO MAMA

giddy up!
    Alright, I took delivery of the univega a few nights back and things are moving along nicely. A few details on the build:

1. it fits a 42c cross tire without a problem. I little work with the vise grips and a 45 mutano raptor will fit.
    2. phil hubs on salsa rims
    3. brooks saddle
    4. polished grafton cranks
    5. spooky canti brakes
    6. 36x20
    7. salsa stem w/ drop bars

Pics as soon as it's rolling.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Steamroller

Paint?

Quote Originally Posted by donkey
    Alright, I took delivery of the univega a few nights back and things are moving along nicely. A few details on the build:

1. it fits a 42c cross tire without a problem. I little work with the vise grips and a 45 mutano raptor will fit.
    2. phil hubs on salsa rims
    3. brooks saddle
    4. polished grafton cranks
    5. spooky canti brakes
    6. 36x20
    7. salsa stem w/ drop bars

Pics as soon as it's rolling.

B
    Sounds cool, will it get a coat of Krylon?

giddy up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattman
    Sounds cool, will it get a coat of Krylon?
    No way! I like the stock early 80's look:-)

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com