Thread: Which frame?

mtbr member

Which frame?

I was planning to build my diSSent and sell my John Henry. Since there seems to be no interest in the JH, I am now thinking if I should build it instead of the diSSent. Only thing thing with the JH, it has vertical dropouts so I'd have to run a tensioner, which I guess isn't a huge deal, but the diSSent has horizontal, so it would be just a little simpler. So, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Eno Eccentric Hub

mtbr member
    Yeah, thought about that too or an Eccentric Bottom Bracket if it would work with my frame. Just price prohibitive at the moment but certainly something I could upgrade to later if I do end up building the JH into a SS.
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Or just use a Blackspire stinger as your chain tensioner. Behind the BB, so won't ruin the aesthetics of a SS too much. Then buy the ENO when funds allow.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    hmmm...yeah, never seen that before. I'll definitely look into it and see if it would work for me.
    Not the intended usage, but have seen it used well (and used it) for SS chain tensioning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalom View Post
    Or just use a Blackspire stinger as your chain tensioner. Behind the BB, so won't ruin the aesthetics of a SS too much. Then buy the ENO when funds allow.
    hmmm...yeah, never seen that before. I'll definitely look into it and see if it would work for me.