hispanic mechanic

Fixed gear Cross-Check goodness...

I'm having waaay too much fun on this thing! I've always liked this bike, and had a ton of fun racing 'cross, bumpin' packages, and all around riding on it in 'cross regalia, but I've turned a corner.
    On Sunday, my wife and I rode Big Laguna, and I spun the cog and bb lockring right off. Yup, they were put on w/ Loctite 242, torqued down with the longest chainwhip we have at the shop, and further tightened down by some hard, gruntin'-fer-all-yer-worth-outta-the-saddle climbs.And while I was cleaning all of the rocky parts, the 38mm Ritchey SpeedMax Cross wasn't the most comfortable tire of choice. Time to invest some money in properly fixing this thing!
    Just got in a true, honest-to-goodness fixed-gear hub from Surly, and some spiffy WTB Mutanoraptor 700x44mm tires. There were some old Mavic Reflex rims begging to be put back in the game. I can't wait to go ride tomorrow!!!
    I'll have more results after my ride with the new goods.

the los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

mtbr member
    Sounds like a sweet bike! Can we see some pics???

dd..''

hispanic mechanic

I wish I could... (kinda rant)

Quote Originally Posted by dodjy
    Sounds like a sweet bike! Can we see some pics???

dd..''
    About 5 weeks ago, our place was broken into, and the piece of filth made off with our digital camera, as well as the Xbox my wife got me for Christmas, all the games, and our DVD box-sets ( LOTR Platinum Edition, Indiana Jones, etc....)
    While I'm grateful that none of our bikes were stolen, it really cheeses me off that some crapbag took things from us, I mean, I work in a bike shop, for Pete's sake, and my wife works at a non-profit! It takes a long time for us to afford stuff like that.
    Oh well, it's just stuff. I keep reminding myself that; if material goods were the most important thing to us, we'd have different jobs!
    I guess it's the inconvenience of stuff like not being able to post pictures , and the fact that there were pictures on the camera that I hadn't downloaded yet, which are gone forever.

Sorry for the rant. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

the los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Cracker-magnon
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos
    it really cheeses me off that some crapbag took things from us, I mean, I work in a bike shop, for Pete's sake, and my wife works at a non-profit! It takes a long time for us to afford stuff like that.
    I know the feeling, My wife also works for a non-profit, and I am a full time grad-student. We have had various cars broken into 3 times in the last 3 years, and everytime it has been for useless crappy stereos. I broke my fixie frame, and am trying to save for a cross-check, to set up fixed for commuting and scorching. Continue to post tales of fixed gear conquest, so that I may live vicariously through you until I get mine.
    [SIZE=2]"Life is a F@#^ing story problem, get used to it - my son.[/SIZE]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    sounds quite tasty.

i've been jonesing for a cross check ever since rockdogger posted his "29'er cross-check" a few weeks ago and Drevil "painted" it pink. i have almost everything i'd need to build it up, except for the frame and some big tires. only problem is, 1) my wife would kill me if i bought another bike and more importantly 2) i haven't got a clue where i'd keep it. i need to reorganize my garage again....
    [size=1][/size]