mtbr member
    Oct 2005

fixed/fixed 135mm hubs other than Phil Wood??

Are there any mtb hubs that are fixed / fixed besides Phil Woods?

I want to have a dedicated fixed gear rear wheel for my singlespeed. Since I won't be able to use the rear disc brake when riding fixed gear, it would be nice to have two ratios in one wheel. So, besides the very nice and expensive Phil Wood hub, are there other 135mm hubs in a fixed/fixed configuration??

Thanks people!

PS; I searched.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by girona
    Are there any mtb hubs that are fixed / fixed besides Phil Woods?

I want to have a dedicated fixed gear rear wheel for my singlespeed. Since I won't be able to use the rear disc brake when riding fixed gear, it would be nice to have two ratios in one wheel. So, besides the very nice and expensive Phil Wood hub, are there other 135mm hubs in a fixed/fixed configuration??

Thanks people!

PS; I searched.
    Surly and Paul both make fixed/disc hubs so you could use your rear disc brake and ride fixed, or you could use a Tomicog on one side and a regular threaded fixed cog on the other to achieve your two ratios. I don't know if the chainline would be the same, but if they are close you could space one or the other enough to match.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    If you have vertical dropouts you cant use Eno's Eccentric hub

http://www.whiteind.com/rearhubs/singlespeedhubs.html
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

I am the owl
    As Boomn said, the fixed/disc set up will work with a bolt on cog like the Tomi Cog or the London Fixie. Phil Wood is now doing a fixed/fixed based on the ISO disc drilling but they are only in track spacing (120mm) - making cogs to go with them as well.
    SingleSpeedOutlaw .com
    Riding Bikes and Drinking Beer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Another option for a disc/fixed hub from the trials end of the spectrum, too bad it uses proprietary splined cogs a la white industries.

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=650

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by girona
    Another option for a disc/fixed hub from the trials end of the spectrum, too bad it uses proprietary splined cogs a la white industries.

http://www.trials-uk.co.uk/product.aspx?productid=650

Nothing wrong with spined cogs. I've used the miche setup a few years and it's great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pyze-guy
    Nothing wrong with spined cogs. I've used the miche setup a few years and it's great.

Nothing wrong if it weren't a proprietary design with limited availability for replacements...