mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Fisher RIG Eccentric Bottom Bracket question

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a solid answer on the forum, and Fisher's website is not helpful. Can someone give me the basics on adjusting the EBB? There are no set screws on the frame like I have worked with before. I have a 2010 Rig...

AZ
    banned
    Wedge style , one bolt , loosen bolt to loosen wedge .

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    The bolt is totally loose (even all the way out) and it still wont budge. I tapped it with a rubber mallet - nothing.

AZ
    banned
    Start the bolt and tap it to loose the wedge .

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Be supper careful not to hit to hard to strip the threads. But you will need to tap it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    there is another thread on mtbr.com about this. there is a small open bolt that goes in after the pinch bolt. You then put your allen wrench in through this bolt and loosen it, if it ain't there, then there is nothing on the other side to push out the wedge. sorry, I'm not the technical guru....If all else fails, take it to you bike shop, they will show you in about 30 seconds...

mtbr member
    It is a self extracting bolt, do you have the hollow flathead bolt piece for the outside of it? I have an 08 Rig and I am trying to swap the frame because of this EBB. It is a bugger to work with and the only replacement is the Carver one for 73mm BB's.
    My motorcycle runs on infant blood

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have taken to removing the set screw (flathead screw) and then removing the pinch bolt and threading it into the same position on the drive side. From there, I have a long, thin brass punch (similar sizing to a phillips head screw driver) that I insert from the non-drive side where I removed the set screw and pinch bolt and tap the pinch bolt (now threaded into the drive side) with a mallet.

It works well... But then I've also found myself removing the cranks and regreasing the EBB every time I adjust the position in order to prevent creaking. Right now the whole operation is taking about the same amount of time it took the first time I tried to adjust the EBB position.

mtbr member
    Has anyone tried or had any success with the Niner Biocentric BB on a Fisher Rig?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelocotony
    Has anyone tried or had any success with the Niner Biocentric BB on a Fisher Rig?
    The Niner is made specifically for Niner frames. The only one that I have found that works is the Carver EBB made specifically for the Rig.
    My motorcycle runs on infant blood