Wolf nipple chips

First Single Speed!

So i've been around singlespeeds for years now, and have even evolved in my riding to switching gears as little as possible. Usually tried climbing hills in the gears for the flats. however, 4+ inches of travel sucks up some of that energy, and just adds a lot of noise. Besides, if i'm strong enough to clear these hills, why use all those gears, ALL the time?

I took my old hardtail, replaced the crappy fork with an old rigid chromoly fork. had the local LBS wheelman build me up a SWEET Mavic EX721 rim laced to an Eno hub with some wheelsmith 2.0 spokes - i don't think this thing will ever break. ordered a 32 tooth surly steel chainring, have a couple of ACS freewheels, 16t and 17t. Used as many of my old hardtail parts to finish the build. (Those Icon parts from my old '99 Trek 7000 never die!) That flat bar isn't bad, however i just bought but haven't installed this Titec Hellbent riser that is a little wider, and a hair more upright. it'll be a tough change, as i've always preferred flat bars. Currently run the 32-16 ratio, and i love trying to clear all the hills around here. i also love (and hate at the same time) getting held up on the downhills by dudes on long-ish travel bikes.

Anyway, i've had the thing built up for about a month now, and i haven't been back onto my Blur since. In fact, just yesterday i did a 26 mile ride hitting up 3 trails along the Katy Trail (which explains the dusty bike.) Even if i cleaned that bike up, it won't look very clean - most of the bike has already been ridden for years.

Please accept this late entry into your one-geared flock - one lifetime membership, please!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Membership

accepted and certified, looks far better than my first conversion.

mtbr member

oh YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Fever

Please accept this late entry into your one-geared flock - one lifetime membership, please!
    ENO flows in the world.