First ride on the new SS

I finally got my SS finished enough to take it out for a ride this evening...a night ride, no less with FastFreddy and several other folks from Dayton and Springfield, Ohio.

I brought the bike in an incomplete state...needing a chain tensioner and brakes. Garry provided a Surly Singleator and Karen provided a set of Avid brakes...though I could only install the front because the rear brake cable was too short and it was missing a section of housing.

Fast Freddy heckled me while Garry and I got my bike dialed-in. It was a great ride on the frozen dirt at John Bryan. It was about 12 degrees, and close to 20 people came. Good times were had by all...and thanks for the topcaps, FF!

Nate

The Top Cap Guy
    Good ride Nate - glad to hear you like the world of SS! Just think the more you ride SS - the stronger you'll get too!

It was darn cold out there and the only way I could keep warm was to heckle you.... I knew you didn't have it ready - but I was also proud you didn't bring the Specialized out instead!

Finish striping the paint off it and get that beast going! Oh yeah - I was impressed that you only ran a front brake and kept the pace up as you did... brave man!

Later
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."