-arschloch-
    Apr 2004

ENO Eccentric, How burly is it?

How tough are the ENO eccentric hubs?

I have one on my cross bike and it works fine, but i wanna put one on by DJ/FR bike. I am pretty smooth, but everyone makes mistakes every now and then. Is an eccentric hub gonna be able to handle the occaisional case or overshoot while DJ-ing? How about the constant pounding of lift access DH riding?

anyone ever killed one?
    To air is human, to dig is divine.

mtbr member

strong

Quote Originally Posted by chuffer
    How tough are the ENO eccentric hubs?

I have one on my cross bike and it works fine, but i wanna put one on by DJ/FR bike. I am pretty smooth, but everyone makes mistakes every now and then. Is an eccentric hub gonna be able to handle the occaisional case or overshoot while DJ-ing? How about the constant pounding of lift access DH riding?

anyone ever killed one?
    Dood, ENO hubs have the strength of a Trans Am driven by an unruly mullet-head.

If its tight, it will be ok.

ErNestO

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    First thing, I have 3 differnt rear wheels, all using the ENO hub. So, I like them, and ride the heck out of them.. That being said, there are some maintenance issues to deal with:

1. The bearing will need to be replaced eventually. Over 3 years I have had two sets of bearing wear out, and when they do, you will know it. Sounds awful.

2. If you are using a 4mm quick release to thread into the hub to hold on your freewheel removal tool: STOP. This will begin to strip the threads. Spend the $20 and get the removal tool from ENO. However, if you do wind up stripping the treads, the solid shaft contained within the hub is about $10 and easily replaced.

3. Are they burly enough? Yes. But with any other part that is going to take some serious abuse, you have to maintain it as well. You might be able to "set it and forget it" for a while, but it is still a mechanical part and will need your attention eventually. Now, if you are talking about the ENO freewheels, well then that is something all together different, those things will last longer than some radioactive half-lifes...

mtbr member
    I have one built up with a Rhynolite that is about to go in the classifieds. Let me know if you are interested. A+ condition.

the cool nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Trans Am driven by an unruly mullet-head.

.Hoss, Ernesto knows you pretty well, I would have been hard pressed to come up with a better description of you..

I think that the ENO will take anything that you can throw at it...

Complete Bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by ernesto_from_Wisconsin
    Dood, ENO hubs have the strength of a Trans Am driven by an unruly mullet-head.

Dude!!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

eno for sale

Quote Originally Posted by FrontRanger
    I have one built up with a Rhynolite that is about to go in the classifieds. Let me know if you are interested. A+ condition.

Is this still available? How much are you looking to get and is it a disc hub?

thanks for the info

ps:are you in CO?

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    .Hoss, Ernesto knows you pretty well, I would have been hard pressed to come up with a better description of you..

I think that the ENO will take anything that you can throw at it...
    well, we'll see. especially since my eno-eccentric disc-hub showed up today. gonna see if it can hang with my DJ skeellz... or lack there of.

btw, my 'car' of choice in CO was the crew-cab long-bed dodge pickup with the rolled on blue house paint. talk about check magnet!
    To air is human, to dig is divine.