mtbr member

ENO convert to Standard Hub?

Anyone know if a eno hub can be converted to a standard rear hub?

I am having lots of slipping issues. Have set the hub with a open ended wrench and really tighted the bolds (enough that I've had White send me two new sets) and it's still slipping. Not enough to loose the chain, but enough that there is chain droop.

I'm running it on a GF Paragon frame. Could it be something with the drops on the frame? This seems to be an issue that has developed.

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    White Industries can sell you a kit that will convert your ENO Eccentric hub into an ENO hub.

Bikes I've had set up with ENO Ecc. hubs have always developed chain slack over time. I consider re-adjustment to just be part of routine maintenance.

mtbr member

second that...

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    White Industries can sell you a kit that will convert your ENO Eccentric hub into an ENO hub.

Bikes I've had set up with ENO Ecc. hubs have always developed chain slack over time. I consider re-adjustment to just be part of routine maintenance.
    Yes, the chain will slacken overtime.
    You can order a straight axle. email me through my site at single-speed.net and I'll guide you on the installation.

Exclusively Single
    You could be over-tensioning the chain, forcing it to either break or pull the freewheel closer to the chain ring, which ever is the weaker link so to speak. There should be some slack, you don't really want it be tight per se, snug but not tight.

Also you may want to try using bolts instead of bolds.