Ovaries on the Outside

Don't Need a New Bike, Don't Need a New....

I am really hoping it is the same for all of you, but my complete contentment with the bike I have usually lasts about two weeks, and then bike lust strikes hard again.

This morning I looked up a good disc fork for someone in the commuting forum and saw that Soul Cycles is having a fantastic sale. Seriously, check it out.

If you're looking for parts or a new 29er/26" (which has room for 650b) frame, there it is. SS, if you want, to boot. Now don't say that I've never done anything for you, though that is probably pretty accurate.

meatier showers
    I just spent $254 on a seatpost. My old one wasn't broken. Just sayin'.

--sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Really diggin my 1x1. I just purchased a Steamroller for commuting! Yeah! Now the other four bikes can sit united in the corner and collect dust.

mtbr member
    I have a Bianchi MUSS I have had for 4 years. I love the bike and have not found one that rides anywhere near as awesome. I just bought a new wheelset, and now I really want a Vassago Jabberwocky, or a carbon pricepoint hardtail, can't decide. But I just spent $500 and don't want it to sit if I get a 29er.
    Ride & Smile

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyandy
    Really diggin my 1x1. I just purchased a Steamroller for commuting! Yeah! Now the other four bikes can sit united in the corner and collect dust.
    Great bike combo. I saw a chick riding a Steamroller at the cross races on Tuesday. I'm giving you a hint here.

mtbr member
    N Plus 1 baby, N Plus 1!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    ive had my GF rig since 08...though i do have an 09 frame =] have upgraded the handlebars only

Low Rep Count
    I'm not even going to open the link! I know exactly where you are coming from Umarth. It is a horrible addiction! But not worth the drama I will have to deal with if I order a new frame. Which I might add would be a 29er, which would then lead to needing a new fork (carbon of course), and then have to either have my current wheels torn apart with my hubs stuck into some new rims (tubeless of course, maybe even carbon), or simply a new set of wheels all together, tires, and maybe a seat post depending on the size. I might even need to jump to different cranks since I am running 170's on my 26er. Now all of a sudden that sweet deal I just got on the frame for $250 used ended up costing me $2100! Nope, won't even look.

Apr 2007
    I want to build a 650b this winter and currently looking for a frame. Hooligan caught my eye a while ago, and so yesterday, I emailed SC. Response is that in the size I want (17"), none available. Maybe I'll spring for a 19", as I'm right in between the two sizes.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    I want to build a 650b this winter and currently looking for a frame. Hooligan caught my eye a while ago, and so yesterday, I emailed SC. Response is that in the size I want (17"), none available. Maybe I'll spring for a 19", as I'm right in between the two sizes.
    What about the Icon? I thought there were more sizes with that one. Those white hooligans are sooooo sweet. Remember standover will be 1/2" higher....

Apr 2007
    Icon looks cool, but I'm not a fan of the geo. I like the more xc oriented Hooligan. And like you said, white Hooligan looks money. Now I'm getting all excited about the build. Hope SC gets on the ball and gets some in 17's soon. Thanks for the reminder about standover. I'm at 32.5" inseam so 19" would be pushing it.

Oh, and they only have two sizes with the Icon - 15.5 and 18.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Matt
    I have a Bianchi MUSS I have had for 4 years. I love the bike and have not found one that rides anywhere near as awesome. I just bought a new wheelset, and now I really want a Vassago Jabberwocky, or a carbon pricepoint hardtail, can't decide. But I just spent $500 and don't want it to sit if I get a 29er.
    I ride a MUSS, the geometry is dialed in for me too. I'm topped out on high-end parts now and upgraded to full 650b. SO... only thing left is I may replace the frame for a custom steel or ti next year, not sure yet.

Just curious, what's your reasoning to go to a carbon hardtail from the MUSS?

Ovaries on the Outside
    Icon looks cool, but I'm not a fan of the geo. I like the more xc oriented Hooligan. And like you said, white Hooligan looks money. Now I'm getting all excited about the build. Hope SC gets on the ball and gets some in 17's soon. Thanks for the reminder about standover. I'm at 32.5" inseam so 19" would be pushing it.

Oh, and they only have two sizes with the Icon - 15.5 and 18.
    If I had been a little bit more on top of it, I would have liked a Hooligan for my girlfriend. I don't like the HA on the Icon myself, but somebody out there likes bikes like that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixie whiskey
    I ride a MUSS, the geometry is dialed in for me too. I'm topped out on high-end parts now and upgraded to full 650b. SO... only thing left is I may replace the frame for a custom steel or ti next year, not sure yet.

Just curious, what's your reasoning to go to a carbon hardtail from the MUSS?
    I am looking for a race bike, and something with gears would be nice. I am also looking at the AL stumpy 29 ss and geared. just not sure yet. i really want a new bike, preferably a 29er.
    Ride & Smile

Apr 2007
    Just got an email from Chad @ SC. Hooligan is being phased out and no more will be produced...

Ovaries on the Outside
    Just got an email from Chad @ SC. Hooligan is being phased out and no more will be produced...
    What?! Are they going to have a XC only bike, or are they moving to longer travel/FS frames?

The Brutally Handsome
    If they still had a lime green 18" I would punch you in the junk for posting that link.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    If they still had a lime green 18" I would punch you in the junk for posting that link.
    Your desire for lime green shows that you are a Klein owner through and through.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Bike contentment only lasts 2 weeks! That seems a long time. I ordered a bike a few months ago and I havnt even received it yet but I find myself lusting after new just released bikes. True bike contentment is an impossible goal in my experience.

I am a sick addict and need help!

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    What?! Are they going to have a XC only bike, or are they moving to longer travel/FS frames?
    Email just received from Chad:

"Nothing is taking over the 26" XC line. For an XC frame we will just continue producing the Dillinger. Everything will be moving into the newer full suspension products."

Looks like my frame search continues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sizzler
    They never made an 18" lime green Hooligan.

I have a 19" lime green Hooligan, love it.

"Nothing is taking over the 26" XC line. For an XC frame we will just continue producing the Dillinger. Everything will be moving into the newer full suspension products."
    they guy I talked to on the phone at Soul mentioned this too, said they were selling 29r, and rigid 29r, at some ridiculous ration over 26r frames. So, no more Hooligan.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Way to go, 29er homers.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    I just spent $254 on a seatpost. My old one wasn't broken. Just sayin'.

--sParty
    Can I have the $46 left in change to use towards mine?
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!