Account Retired

... and if we just ... Dom L'Orange in zee raw

The pile-o-parts has started for Bethany's SS. Some new stuff and a fork we had in the parts bin. Ritchey riser bar in the speedblast color.

Terry A$$ Blaster saddle, Stripped Zokie Z-2 X-Fly on Bethany's new sewing table.

I took the red paint and decals off the Z-2 and now it's silver on silver.

I'm thinking of useing a Yeti zero offset carbon seatpost to close up the rider cockpit to mimic the TT legth on Bethany's Juliana. I will also shorten up the stem to get the exact reach. The idea is to move her in from the front and the back to keep her centered in the middle of the rider compartment. The diference in TT lengths is the Gunnar is 26mm longer. Does anybody have any experience doing this? Any comments on how that would affect the ride?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Account Retired

Idea! Color Photo

In Living Color
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like to ride bikes!

Nice parts!

I love the color, should be a nice ride!

Bill

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    lake raven i would advise against your plan. the gunnar uses a 'genesis" type geometry, with a tt purpose built as longer than normal. it is intended that you use a shorter stem, not a no offset seatpost. the 2.6 cm should come off the stem, and her butt should stay as normal with a normal offset post. i use a 120 stem on a "normal" fitting mt bike, but a 9 on my gunnar, for example. moreover, gunnars have pretty steep st angles in the smaller sizes - going to a zero offset post would put her at a triathlon-like steep seattube angle. tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ooops, i cut some off there. . . . . .

anyway, having the girl at a steep effective 75-76 degree st angle might help her spin some, but for moosing up those illinois climbs it is not the ideal, my friend, and she will be hating life. not to mention - she will have something in common with triathletes which is not the usual goal of a singlespeeder ! tim

Account Retired

I'm Glad I asked

Thanks Tim!

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!

Hi Gary, I fit a gal about Bethany's size...

to a Rockhound about a year or so ago. As Tim pointed out, Gunnars have long top tubes, so it's usually not an ideal frame for most women. I however would recommend setting it up as per your plan and checking Bethany's KOPS position. It's been awhile since I've seen you guys, but if memory serves correct, Bethany's femurs are probably on the short side for someone her height, so it might work quite well. So anyway, when are you 2 (or 4) going to get out here for a visit???
    Cheers,
    John Wood
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

Account Retired

Meet us in the Dakotas?

In early September there's going to be a Gathering / Mountain Bike Fest in Medora ND. It's the weekend after Labor Day. I went last year and it was the best.

Be Good,

GL