Do you only ride SS?

Printable View

• 01-04-2013
    willy ride
    SS only since getting back into bikes in 2008. Fatbike next year, considering gears to push it.
  • 01-04-2013
    fryed_1
    Two bikes in my house....

One for uphill:

One for downhill:

• 01-04-2013
    Boxer
    FYIW, I ride my SS Monday thru Friday on lunch or after work rides that are between 60-90 min rides. I keep my 5" travel greared bike for longer rides on the weekend and 12hr races. I do throw in a few rides on the geared road bike when I can but also commute a few time a week on the SS road bike.
    So, I guess I ride both depending on the day of the week.
  • 01-07-2013
    FKMTB07
    I actually just sold my last geared mtb this weekend (Salsa Spearfish). My only mtb's right now are my rigid SS Karate Monkey (the mtb I grab 90% of the time), and my rigid fixed gear 1998 Rockhopper.

I've been riding exclusively SS for cx and gravel for about a year now after having sold my geared race bike (Chili Con Crosso running Sram Force 1x10), and putting nicer SS parts on my Cross-Check, the bike I now ride most of the time for city, gravel, and cx.

My touring bike is also a SS (and has S&S couplers for very simple and worry-free travel).

Obviously, my track bike is fixed for getting down at the velodrome.

The only geared bikes I have at the moment are my road bike (Soma Smoothie with Sram Force) and my Salsa Vaya (running 1x9 right now). I don't ride either much at all, but I don't want to sell or get rid of either.
  • 01-07-2013
    Shocker99
    Singlespeed ONLY since getting back into mountain biking in Feb. 2011

I may switch back and forth between a rigid and suspension fork. And sometime clipless, sometime flats. But I never ride more than one gear at a time. :thumbsup:
  • 01-07-2013
    Cools
    I've only had my mtb SS for two months or so but I'm already thinking of giving SS a try on my road bike as well. :)
  • 01-08-2013
    fueledbymetal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cools View Post
    I've only had my mtb SS for two months or so but I'm already thinking of giving SS a try on my road bike as well. :)

Do it, you'll love it!!! :thumbsup:
  • 01-13-2013
    fishcreek
    My only geared bike get some action as well..

• 01-13-2013
    40er
    Wow that Ritchey bring back some memories!