Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 237
  1. #1
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    Divide fixie starting to come together

    Some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-163450_10150170168994968_609824967_8538776_8268794_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-165132_10150175536854968_609824967_8624511_6214957_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-166821_10150182827699968_609824967_8734961_6044154_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-166884_10150170169054968_609824967_8538778_3018443_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-180436_10150193280039968_609824967_8875462_3610692_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-180722_1784900015641_1033718227_2091073_1237659_n.jpg  

    Divide fixie starting to come together-180923_1784897015566_1033718227_2091072_963199_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  2. #2
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    "Divide fixie?" Do tell.

    Titanium basket?

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  3. #3
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    "Divide fixie?" Do tell.

    Titanium basket?

    --sParty
    Ti copy of singular gryphon, made by Eric Barr, with a few tweaks
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  4. #4
    Mtbr Forum Sponsor - Homebrewed Components
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,421
    sweeet! Better weigh it again when you get my rings!

  5. #5
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by ISuckAtRiding
    sweeet! Better weigh it again when you get my rings!
    I well =)
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  6. #6
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    rear wheel

    phil hub, dt nipples, wheelsmith spokes, us made duster rims
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-168167_10150173079119968_609824967_8586667_5111648_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  7. #7
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    What a cock tease. You throw a few leading words, show some pretty trick pieces and then fail to elaborate. What is your eventual ratio? That dura ace crank has to have 130 bcd for crank arm spacing, right? I tried counting, and then I got a 110 and 130 bcd chainring out of my crap box in the garage and held them over the photo, but wasn't able to confirm suspicions.

    My guess is that you have an evil plan to ride the Tour Divide on a titanium 29er with a 38x21 ratio. Regardless of whether I'm right, it is really lame that you were so lacking details for the curious. I hope a moderator shuts down the thread.

  8. #8
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    What a cock tease. You throw a few leading words, show some pretty trick pieces and then fail to elaborate. What is your eventual ratio? That dura ace crank has to have 130 bcd for crank arm spacing, right? I tried counting, and then I got a 110 and 130 bcd chainring out of my crap box in the garage and held them over the photo, but wasn't able to confirm suspicions.

    My guess is that you have an evil plan to ride the Tour Divide on a titanium 29er with a 38x21 ratio. Regardless of whether I'm right, it is really lame that you were so lacking details for the curious. I hope a moderator shuts down the thread.
    Thread is in progress, And yes a tease because i'm excited and the rest of the bike isn't done yet
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  9. #9
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Thread is in progress, And yes a tease because i'm excited and the rest of the bike isn't done yet
    Don't let umarth rile you. He never hits "reply" until he's downed at least 5 beers...

    He rides pretty well drunk, tho.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  10. #10
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Don't let umarth rile you. He never hits "reply" until he's downed at least 5 beers...

    He rides pretty well drunk, tho.

    --sParty
    I think i might have been feeling a bit snarky last night
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  11. #11
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    I'm offended. I curse way more after five beers.

    I'm still waiting answers, you hoser.

  12. #12
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    38x18, or 19
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  13. #13
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    38x18, or 19
    No dingle? After I posted I immediately regretted not supposing you'd get an 18/20 dingle cog so you wouldn't be spinning like a madman on the fireroads.

    You are certainly in better shape than me to even attempt this ride, so I have a couple questions about the gearing- why so high? Getting up those climbs is going to be rough- is it to peg a medium range in order to avoid spinning out downhills and long flats? Can you climb with that ratio or will you end up walking?

    What sort of tire are you going to use?

    (http://surlybikes.com/parts/dingle_cog/)

  14. #14
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    No dingle? After I posted I immediately regretted not supposing you'd get an 18/20 dingle cog so you wouldn't be spinning like a madman on the fireroads.

    You are certainly in better shape than me to even attempt this ride, so I have a couple questions about the gearing- why so high? Getting up those climbs is going to be rough- is it to peg a medium range in order to avoid spinning out downhills and long flats? Can you climb with that ratio or will you end up walking?

    What sort of tire are you going to use?

    (http://surlybikes.com/parts/dingle_cog/)
    Have to walk some, always have felt a dingle cog isnt a single speed..... 85% of the climb are doable with that ratio, and lotsa down and flat to get spun out on
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  15. #15
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    I have never understood that idea. I have a cross bike at 39x15. Everyone accepts it as a SS.

    I have a mtb. It is 34x20.

    Both are legitimate SS bikes. One does round town commuting/SS. One does mtb SS.

    If you could do one bike for both, with a ratio for each purpose, why can't it bee a legit SS? Anywho, you got some game. I defer to your professional opinion.

  16. #16
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    A hopped on pop.
    Reputation: Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,398
    eric baar is a bad ass....tell him kam says hello.

    oh, have fun with the new ride! congrats!!!
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

  17. #17
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I have never understood that idea. I have a cross bike at 39x15. Everyone accepts it as a SS.

    I have a mtb. It is 34x20.

    Both are legitimate SS bikes. One does round town commuting/SS. One does mtb SS.

    If you could do one bike for both, with a ratio for each purpose, why can't it bee a legit SS? ...
    This is crazy talk and you know it.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    I just don't like the look of dingle's (no experience with them what-so-ever) because if you're going to have 2 rings up front and 2 in the back you might as well just throw some shifters and derailleurs on it and not have to worry about manually moving the chain. In my opinion it's just a multispeed bike without derailleurs and shifters.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS
    I just don't like the look of dingle's (no experience with them what-so-ever) because if you're going to have 2 rings up front and 2 in the back you might as well just throw some shifters and derailleurs on it and not have to worry about manually moving the chain. In my opinion it's just a multispeed bike without derailleurs and shifters.
    Let's not get to far into this, but I will briefly say that if you've used one you would know that is wrong. It rides and functions exactly like a singlespeed including the lack of drag and bouncing chains that derailleurs introduce, and you don't (and should even really be able to) "shift" while riding. The idea is that instead of removing the wheel and pulling out a bunch of tools to change gear ratios for flat vs hilly rides or mountain vs commuter, you just loosen the wheel and move the chain over. It's pretty much the same idea as having a flip-flop hub with two different size cogs, except it's quicker to change and works for disc-braked hubs

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Let's not get to far into this, but I will briefly say that if you've used one you would know that is wrong. It rides and functions exactly like a singlespeed including the lack of drag and bouncing chains that derailleurs introduce, and you don't (and should even really be able to) "shift" while riding. The idea is that instead of removing the wheel and pulling out a bunch of tools to change gear ratios for flat vs hilly rides or mountain vs commuter, you just loosen the wheel and move the chain over. It's pretty much the same idea as having a flip-flop hub with two different size cogs, except it's quicker to change and works for disc-braked hubs
    I totally realize all of that. I should have specified that I was referring to the look of the bike, not performance. I love the idea of the dingle, I'm just too big of a bike snob to have 2 chainrings and 2 cogs on my singlespeed

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS
    I totally realize all of that. I should have specified that I was referring to the look of the bike, not performance. I love the idea of the dingle, I'm just too big of a bike snob to have 2 chainrings and 2 cogs on my singlespeed
    I see; sorry to assume. I can't say I find it too attractive looking either, but I was in love with the idea a couple years ago when I had only one bike that I was having to stretch for all purposes and it was an SS.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I see; sorry to assume.
    It's all good

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    let's get back to this non-hipster (I'm assuming again) fixie talk!

  24. #24
    Fixed and single.
    Reputation: mordecai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    336
    Right on Dave. Spinning a 61ish inch gear is pretty manly in that it requires a type of fitness most do not know. I'll definitely be checking back for the updates. You've got heart mang.

    -M
    "Those are some good humans."

  25. #25
    holding back the darkness
    Reputation: subliminalshiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Agreed. A dingle is no single.
    Singlespeeds have one and only one gear ratio. That's the single speed part. All other iterations are simplly very slow shifting multi-speed bikes.
    **** censorship

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Agreed. A dingle is no single.
    Singlespeeds have one and only one gear ratio. That's the single speed part. All other iterations are simplly very slow shifting multi-speed bikes.
    Meh, I guess you just don't want to try to understand the difference and I just want to get dragged into arguments. If flip-flop hubs are singlespeeds then so are dingles because they function the exact same way, and if you even own a second cog your bike is as much as singlespeed as my dingle was (I just stored my extra ratio for road days more conveniently)

    I thought we were all united against the noise, clutter, maintenance and decadence of derailleurs?

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    let's get back to this non-hipster (I'm assuming again) fixie talk!
    I don't think anyone heard what you said here

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS
    I don't think anyone heard what you said here
    I couldn't heed my own warning either, lol. I think we're all feeling a little too umarthy today

  29. #29
    holding back the darkness
    Reputation: subliminalshiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    No, I think I understand the difference. I've had dingles, and flip flops, (Flip-flops aren't singlepeeds either), and I even had a flip-flop dingle with a two-chainring crankset. (That was a four-speed btw). I think maybe it's you that are having the difficulty understanding .
    Singlespeed= one speed. Oh I know they ride about the same and feel the same and all that's real neat but really a dingle is a two-speed. Same for a flip-flop. Two speeds.
    Nothing against them. They're great. Real nice for if you have a bit of a road commute to get to your trailhead or whatever. I'm not hating. I just saying they aren't singlespeeds any more than a bike with 30 speeds that you just don't shift is a singlespeed. No more than a one-cog bike with a Hammerschmidt crankset is a singlespeed. No more than a single-chainring bike with a rolloff or nexus hub is a singlespeed. No more than any other bastardization that combines more than one gear ratio possibility on any bike.
    **** censorship

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    ...I've had dingles...
    That just sounds wrong

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    No, I think I understand the difference. I've had dingles, and flip flops, (Flip-flops aren't singlepeeds either), and I even had a flip-flop dingle with a two-chainring crankset. (That was a four-speed btw). I think maybe it's you that are having the difficulty understanding .
    Singlespeed= one speed. Oh I know they ride about the same and feel the same and all that's real neat but really a dingle is a two-speed. Same for a flip-flop. Two speeds.
    Nothing against them. They're great. Real nice for if you have a bit of a road commute to get to your trailhead or whatever. I'm not hating. I just saying they aren't singlespeeds any more than a bike with 30 speeds that you just don't shift is a singlespeed. No more than a one-cog bike with a Hammerschmidt crankset is a singlespeed. No more than a single-chainring bike with a rolloff or nexus hub is a singlespeed. No more than any other bastardization that combines more than one gear ratio possibility on any bike.
    Silly me, I thought the important part was how they ride, feel, function, don't leave bail out options, etc in exactly the same way as a "pure" SS, not about the same way? Not shifting a geared bike, geared hubs, hammerschmidts are all an order of magnitude different than an SS or dingle or flip-flop in most or all of those factors. Your singlespeed doesn't have one "speed" either, it just has one gearing ratio that you probably change from time to time as well.

    So if I carry the other cog and a wrench in my camelbak is that far enough away from the functioning part of the drivetrain to now be considered a singlespeed by your standards?

    I understand categorizing and drawing lines, I just don't see the logic in the way you draw those lines

  32. #32
    holding back the darkness
    Reputation: subliminalshiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Silly me, I thought the important part was how they ride, feel, function...
    Of course that's the important part. It doesn't really matter if it's a singlespeed or not. It's how it makes you feel when you ride it. That's true about any bike. But that's not what we're talking about. We are talking about whether or not a bike with more than one gear is a singlespeed or not. I contend that any bike with any number of gear ratios greater than 1 is not a singlespeed.
    It's sort of like calling a full suspension bike a rigid bike if said FS bike is equipped with lockouts.

    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    So if I carry the other cog and a wrench in my camelbak is that far enough away from the functioning part of the drivetrain to now be considered a singlespeed by your standards?
    No. not really. I'd give you that it's a gray area. I suppose I'd call that a singlespeed in the interest of fellowship and keeping the peace , but I'd still say that you're cheating.
    **** censorship

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Kinda random, but do you (anyone really) consider a "ghetto singlespeed conversion" a singlespeed? "ghetto" as in a chain cut and left on a multispeed crank and cassette. I guess I consider any bike where the chain runs over only 2 gears (cog and chainring) at one time without the help of any type of shifting device a singlespeed. As much as I don't like the look of a dingle setup..in my opinion is still a singlespeed.

  34. #34
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    STS- Sorry for derailing your thread. I am a sinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I think we're all feeling a little too umarthy today
    Oh, no one knows what it feels like to be umarthy.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    It's sort of like calling a full suspension bike a rigid bike if said FS bike is equipped with lockouts
    No, that's like calling a geared bike that you don't shift a singlespeed because you still have the option of changing it while you're riding. A dinglespeed is more like carrying a suspension fork strapped to my top-tube on a rigid bike: it's technically possible to stop mid-ride and change my setup but it's still a rigid bike and I would never change it

    I'm open to being convinced, the problem is that I studied engineering and computer science so I'm the type to be overly picky about jumps in logic. If you're going to win me over it's going to have to read like a mathematical proof.

  36. #36
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    No, that's like calling a geared bike that you don't shift a singlespeed because you still have the option of changing it while you're riding. A dinglespeed is more like carrying a suspension fork strapped to my top-tube on a rigid bike: it's technically possible to stop mid-ride and change my setup but it's still a rigid bike and I would never change it

    I'm open to being convinced, the problem is that I studied engineering and computer science so I'm the type to be overly picky about jumps in logic. If you're going to win me over it's going to have to read like a mathematical proof.
    Not math, but I'll take a shot because I side with subliminal on this.

    Stop looking at the machine and instead look at the semantics. No one is trying to imply that a dingle or any other bike is less than a singlespeed. Only that the name singlespeed applies to one particular thing -- a bike that only has one gear on it, that's all.

    No filp flops. No dingles. No extraneous cogs or rings.

    THAT'S a singlespeed.

    All the other bikes are awesome, worthy, fun, simple, pure, good, etc. They're just not a singlespeed.

    You can make this argument gray, I'm not saying you can't. But doing so won't change the definition of a singlespeed in my book. A ring in the front, a cog in the back, a chain connecting them. Period.

    "IMO"

    --sParty

    Edit: {sigh} or a belt...
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    You can make this argument gray, I'm not saying you can't.
    I'll give it a shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    A ring in the front, a cog in the back, a chain or belt connecting them. Period
    I like that definition a lot; it's classically simple and without extraneous words. But how do non-operational parts in the vicinity of that system interfere with that definition You would have to start adding ugly clauses to the simple logic

  38. #38
    Fixed and single.
    Reputation: mordecai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    336
    It's a bummer that this thread got jacked. Thanks thread burglers...
    "Those are some good humans."

  39. #39
    I'm attracted to Gravity!
    Reputation: campredcloudbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    598
    if you really want to talk semantics, "single speed" would entail that you always ride with a constant speed.... say 7 miles/hour. what we are actually discussing "single gear ratio" bikes, and everyone changes the ratio from time to time. what's the difference, other than aesthetic if your "chainguard" happens to be another chainring ;-)

    and, I can't wait to see the completed bike, and good luck training! have fun for me while I do homework and try to heal this tendonitis.....

  40. #40
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I'll give it a shot


    I like that definition a lot; it's classically simple and without extraneous words. But how do non-operational parts in the vicinity of that system interfere with that definition You would have to start adding ugly clauses to the simple logic
    The same way your wife might say that the proximity of another woman affects your marriage?

    (Even if your parts are non-operational.)

    Just grasping for straws here...

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    The same way your wife might say that the proximity of another woman affects your marriage?
    Haha, I like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    (Even if your parts are non-operational.)
    Let's not go there, and keeps your hands off my straw please

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Dinglespeeds seem to be a bit like interracial marriage: some people think that's not how God made singlespeeds so they must not be "pure" but if you look past initial appearances and trained, emotional responses they function exactly the same (though maybe with a bit more equipment). You don't have to want a dinglespeed yourself but I would ask that you excuse my jungle fever and mixed metaphors

  43. #43
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    ummmm man you guys sure had a slow day in your workspaces today

    some more non single speed/ divide fixie content
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-180626_10150198743954968_609824967_8934594_7869287_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  44. #44
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    More cock teasing.

  45. #45
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    More cock teasing.
    It's not cock teasing if you can see the divide.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  46. #46
    holding back the darkness
    Reputation: subliminalshiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    A dinglespeed is more like carrying a suspension fork strapped to my top-tube on a rigid bike: it's technically possible to stop mid-ride and change my setup but it's still a rigid bike and I would never change it.
    No, a dinglespeed is more like carrying an extra gear around with you on your bike. And if you'd "never change it" then why have it?

    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I'm open to being convinced, the problem is that I studied engineering and computer science so I'm the type to be overly picky about jumps in logic. If you're going to win me over it's going to have to read like a mathematical proof.
    Jumps in logic? You're arguing that 1+1=1!
    Ok... I never studied math or engineering but lets see if I can work through this.
    1=1
    Single=1.
    Any positive integer (x) + 1>1
    Any number of gear ratios > 1 ≠ 1.
    Bikes with more than 1 gear ratio are not singlespeeds.
    **** censorship

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Agreed. A dingle is no single.
    Singlespeeds have one and only one gear ratio. That's the single speed part. All other iterations are simplly very slow shifting multi-speed bikes.

    This is total nonsense. A multispeed bike is one that can be actively shifted while riding. A dingle speed cannot be shifted while riding.

  48. #48
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245
    It's not cock teasing if you can see the divide.
    Might be cock teasing... which divide are we talking about.

    Golly this thread has a hard time staying on topic.

    Dave, best of luck come June 11th. Meanwhile, keep the photos & updates coming, please.

    --sParty

    P.S. A fixie is a SS.
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  49. #49
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    let's get back to this non-hipster (I'm assuming again) fixie talk!
    Soooo hipster...
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    And if you'd "never change it" then why have it?
    Sorry, exxageration/miswording. I never changed it during a ride. It was there so I didn't have to spend nearly as much time wrenching in the cold dark night when I wanted to take my bike on the road to stretch my legs on weeknights in the winters and my "workshop" was an outdoor patio. I did admittedly occasionally use it to do a bunch of miles of road riding and then swing by the trailhead, stop and change it over, and then do my mtb ride

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    So if my new tomicog'd mtb happens to also have the same size cog installed on the freehub on the other side... is it still a singlespeed but no longer actually a fixed mtb??

  52. #52
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    So if my new tomicog'd mtb happens to also have the same size cog installed on the freehub on the other side... is it still a singlespeed but no longer actually a fixed mtb??
    Toldja you could make it gray.

    --ssParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  53. #53
    WNC Native
    Reputation: nitrousjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,224
    STS- Good luck man and may this be the time you finish it.

    Mad props if you do on a fixie too!!
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    Jumps in logic? You're arguing that 1+1=1!
    Ok... I never studied math or engineering but lets see if I can work through this.
    1=1
    Single=1.
    Any positive integer (x) + 1>1
    Any number of gear ratios > 1 ≠ 1.
    Bikes with more than 1 gear ratio are not singlespeeds.
    The problem was never the math, but the premises used to set up the equation and decide which "ones" mattered and which "ones" didn't. If your starting with the idea that the traditional flip-flop hub is not a singlespeed then we're obviously working from vastly different premises, so I won't drag this on and risk taking our relationship past the "arguing for the fun of it" stage

  55. #55
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Seriously guys, we need to stop the dinglespeed argument. At least in this thread. Start a new thread, for ****'s sake.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Seriously guys, we need to stop the dinglespeed argument. At least in this thread. Start a new thread, for ****'s sake.
    Never would of thought that you of all people would make the most sensible statement in a thread. Congrats

  57. #57
    Beware the Blackbuck!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by mordecai
    It's a bummer that this thread got jacked. Thanks thread burglers...
    There was never enough details for this thread to have a topic. I blame the OP for this derailment.

    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalshiver
    No. not really. I'd give you that it's a gray area. I suppose I'd call that a singlespeed in the interest of fellowship and keeping the peace , but I'd still say that you're cheating.
    So where's the line? In my opinion any bike that ever has the gears changed is now soiled and is no longer a singlespeed. Or at least that's where I assume you're taking this. Once your bike has had it's cherry broken by a different gear ratio it's singlespeed street cred (because street cred is the real reason people ride ss, obviously) is now gone.

    I propose a new singlespeed definition standard: Every time you change your gear ratio (on the trailhead, in your garage, or on the moon) you have to scratch a tick mark into the top tube and forever refer to your bike as the number of gear ratios it's ever had. So I've changed my gear ratio three times, I have a triple (tringle?) speed bike.

    Desperate times call for desperate (and ridiculously narrow) definitions of things.

  58. #58
    holding back the darkness
    Reputation: subliminalshiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Seriously guys, we need to stop the dinglespeed argument. At least in this thread. Start a new thread, for ****'s sake.
    Quite right.
    Done: What's a Singlespeed?
    Dave, sorry for the blatant hijack. It's a side effect of passionate discussion. Your new bike is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see it completed! It looks like you have an incredible start. I especially appreciate the Phil Wood hubs. In for the long haul.
    **** censorship

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    540
    It is one of my great aspirations to one day ride the divide. And as much of a singlespeed advocate as I am, and as much as I love riding fixed off-road... I don't think someone could pay me enough to do that ride without some kind of bailout gear, be it a flip flop or a tiny chainring and a spare short chain. Both of which, IMO, completely disqualify the bike from being "singlespeed".

    I'm running a fairly closely spaced 3x1 setup now (40/52/60 gear inches) with a friction front. ENO rear hub so I can run it single if the tensioner dies for any reason. Bolt on fixed cog on the flip side so I can run it fixed if the freewheel dies for any other reason.
    It seems perfect for light bikepacking. Simple, reliable, with redundant backups. Who knows, maybe it will be my GDR rig one of these years to come.

    Regardless of drivetrain component choices, you and your fellow racers are an inspiration to the community, and I'll be following the race for sure. Good luck, Dave... you have had a hard road to pedal chasing this race... and on a fixie at 38x18, will have another hard road to pedal come June.
    For me, riding bikes is not a hobby, it is a way of life.
    http://natureofmtness.blogspot.com

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    682
    Dear me, I didn't know you ride such an amazing number of miles every day/every year, Dave! I just watched the video in the thread on the "single/dingle" argument, and I can only say I'm hugely impressed!
    Also, I love the fact that you're running platform pedals

  61. #61
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    Pedals

    I may also check out the ergon pedals when/if they come to the US
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-180554_10150200453069968_609824967_8953136_3005995_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  62. #62
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    How's the grip on thems pedals.

  63. #63
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    How's the grip on thems pedals.
    just got em
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  64. #64
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    just got em
    Sounds like you have work to do. Count me as interested... with everything. I still want to know which tires you are gonna use.

  65. #65
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Sounds like you have work to do. Count me as interested... with everything. I still want to know which tires you are gonna use.
    race king/ nano/ aka are the short list
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  66. #66
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    race king/ nano/ aka are the short list
    BUILD THE FUGGIN' BIKE, ALREADY! I hereby rescind my original statement and agree that this is a worse cock-tease than some cheap porno novel from the flea market. I don't want to read the bike, I want to see the bike!
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  67. #67
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    race king/ nano/ aka are the short list
    I guess I am going ass backwards. What is the singletrack/fireroad ratio for the Great Divide? I was thinking you'd go narrow for speed. I don't have a great suggestion, I was only curious as to how you were approaching it. Rigid and fixed and high gear inch- thought you were aiming towards speed and efficiency when you got out to where the trial opens up, only to realize I have no idea what the majority of the terrain is like.

    This really is an amazing race, and I don't think I could do meself.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I guess I am going ass backwards. What is the singletrack/fireroad ratio for the Great Divide? I was thinking you'd go narrow for speed. I don't have a great suggestion, I was only curious as to how you were approaching it. Rigid and fixed and high gear inch- thought you were aiming towards speed and efficiency when you got out to where the trial opens up, only to realize I have no idea what the majority of the terrain is like.

    This really is an amazing race, and I don't think I could do meself.
    I know little about the race too, but I do remember hearing that the Nano is one of the most popular tires for it. From my experience the Nano not only rolls fast on the trail but when pumped up harder rolls really well on the road too. Plus the tread wears out really slowly.

  69. #69
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by erik1245
    BUILD THE FUGGIN' BIKE, ALREADY! I hereby rescind my original statement and agree that this is a worse cock-tease than some cheap porno novel from the flea market. I don't want to read the bike, I want to see the bike!
    Frame is being built..... I think i've said that before in the thread
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  70. #70
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I guess I am going ass backwards. What is the singletrack/fireroad ratio for the Great Divide? I was thinking you'd go narrow for speed. I don't have a great suggestion, I was only curious as to how you were approaching it. Rigid and fixed and high gear inch- thought you were aiming towards speed and efficiency when you got out to where the trial opens up, only to realize I have no idea what the majority of the terrain is like.

    This really is an amazing race, and I don't think I could do meself.
    With being fixed and rigid having a winder fast rolling rubber is the best way to go I think.... 2006 and 2009 i tired going skinner and it beat me up alot more then when i went wider
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  71. #71
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    With being fixed and rigid having a winder fast rolling rubber is the best way to go I think.... 2006 and 2009 i tired going skinner and it beat me up alot more then when i went wider
    Dave, you're a sick man. That's what I like about you.

    At end of race, when your name is written in the list of finishers it will sport an asterisk, yes? And the footnote will say, "First ever to finish on a fixed gear bicycle."

    Wish I had time to join you... on my Honda XR400 dirt bike.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  72. #72
    beware the grammar police
    Reputation: paco664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Dave, you're a sick man. That's what I like about you.

    At end of race, when your name is written in the list of finishers it will sport an asterisk, yes? And the footnote will say, "First ever to finish on a fixed gear bicycle."

    Wish I had time to join you... on my Honda XR400 dirt bike.

    --sParty
    you forgot the part about his avatar being creepy....
    owner and founder of www.moto-rush.com motorcycling community

  73. #73
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by paco664
    you forgot the part about his avatar being creepy....
    What! you don't like the child molester elvis look?
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  74. #74
    beware the grammar police
    Reputation: paco664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    What! you don't like the child molester elvis look?
    sorry but i must say no....
    owner and founder of www.moto-rush.com motorcycling community

  75. #75
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by paco664
    sorry but i must say no....
    Careful what you say, paco... the avatar photo is an actual picture of Dave aka slowerthansnot... no kidding.

    Feelings are at stake.

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mattbryant2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    just got em
    Is it not worth clipping in for the race?

  77. #77
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbryant2
    Is it not worth clipping in for the race?

    no matter what i've tried with clipless systems, my left knee really doesn't like it after 4-5 hours....

    Flats, no knee issues (knock on wood!)
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  78. #78
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Frame is being built..... I think i've said that before in the thread
    Probably. I saw the photos. And then I got antsy. My apologies.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  79. #79
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    With being fixed and rigid having a winder fast rolling rubber is the best way to go I think.... 2006 and 2009 i tired going skinner and it beat me up alot more then when i went wider
    Cool. Eventually I'm going to try some singletrack with 45mm Smart Sams. I have 35mm Smart Sams on my cross bike and they almost feel like slicks on the road and do well off- I'm hoping the wider tires help me haul ass. I'm super interested in what tire you end up choosing and why.


    Quote Originally Posted by boomn and not p nut
    I do remember hearing that the Nano is one of the most popular tires for it. From my experience the Nano not only rolls fast on the trail but when pumped up harder rolls really well on the road too.
    I just done traded for some nanos so people can put bigger tires than the not yet used Smart Sams on my lender bike and try out some singletrack. If they end up rolling fast enough, I might consider doing the 20 miles to the trailhead with them....
    Last edited by umarth; 02-28-2011 at 01:37 PM.

  80. #80
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    I must've been really plastered, because I don't remember uttering those keystrokes...

  81. #81
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    I must've been really plastered, because I don't remember uttering those keystrokes...
    Oops. Must change...

  82. #82
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Careful what you say, paco... the avatar photo is an actual picture of Dave aka slowerthansnot... no kidding.

    Feelings are at stake.

    --sParty
    Takes alot more then dissing my ugly mug
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sasquatch rides a SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    Takes alot more then dissing my ugly mug
    Nice shirt

  84. #84
    Framebuilder
    Reputation: Live Wire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    433
    So, besides being made out of Ti, how will the new bike be different from the Gryphon? What are the tweaks that will make it more Dave-worthy?

  85. #85
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Live Wire
    So, besides being made out of Ti, how will the new bike be different from the Gryphon? What are the tweaks that will make it more Dave-worthy?
    Proper track ends, 3 bottle cages, a tich longer on the chain stays
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  86. #86
    pain is good
    Reputation: halflung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    58
    SlowerThenSnot, looking for the end, please keep updates, love the tease, it's like working on a bike and watching it grow up. But do you have a color?

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    I see; sorry to assume. I can't say I find it too attractive looking either, but I was in love with the idea a couple years ago when I had only one bike that I was having to stretch for all purposes and it was an SS.
    Agreed, it's not the most attractive, but does serve a purpose. For me, for example, it's ideal since I have a "road" gear for my 10 mile (each way) ride to the trails, and a "trail" gear for the trails. 30 seconds or less to swap at the trailhead and I'm good to go. I can even ride my "road" gear on the trail if I want a real challenge or the trails are quite easy.

    Bottom line: the dingle setup allows for a more enjoyable ride all around...and gives me no reason to even consider driving to the trails!

    To each his own...the dinglespeed works for me and some of my DirtBrothers, but we're not bike snobs so it's OK

    Jeremy
    DirtBrothers PA, est. 2006
    Bound By Dirt

  88. #88
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by JST169
    Agreed, it's not the most attractive, but does serve a purpose. For me, for example, it's ideal since I have a "road" gear for my 10 mile (each way) ride to the trails, and a "trail" gear for the trails. 30 seconds or less to swap at the trailhead and I'm good to go. I can even ride my "road" gear on the trail if I want a real challenge or the trails are quite easy.

    Bottom line: the dingle setup allows for a more enjoyable ride all around...and gives me no reason to even consider driving to the trails!

    To each his own...the dinglespeed works for me and some of my DirtBrothers, but we're not bike snobs so it's OK

    Jeremy
    LOL, I guess "real" singlespeeders drive to the trailhead! Never looked at it that way but it appears that all fingers point to singlespeeders being lame-o's compared to dingle riders -- including the middle finger!

    Seriously -- no joke, no malice, no hidden vagenda -- for this reason alone I believe the dingle rider is truly "harder core" than the SSer who drives to the TH. Dingleberries, hold your heads up!

    When you say you ride a dingle, you don't need to say you're more core than mere SSers, it goes without saying.

    I mean this!

    --sParty

    P.S. I just know somebody is going to assume I'm saying this with tongue in cheek. I assure you I'm not!

    P.P.S. It still ain't a singlespeed!
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    LOL, I guess "real" singlespeeders drive to the trailhead! Never looked at it that way but it appears that all fingers point to singlespeeders being lame-o's compared to dingle riders -- including the middle finger!

    Seriously -- no joke, no malice, no hidden vagenda -- for this reason alone I believe the dingle rider is truly "harder core" than the SSer who drives to the TH. Dingleberries, hold your heads up!

    When you say you ride a dingle, you don't need to say you're more core than mere SSers, it goes without saying.

    I mean this!

    --sParty

    P.S. I just know somebody is going to assume I'm saying this with tongue in cheek. I assure you I'm not!

    P.P.S. It still ain't a singlespeed!
    I'm not the type to say I'm more hard core for this or that. Riding to the trails for me is just a convenient way to get miles in and leave the car at home--just like commuting to work. I have ridden a "real" singlespeed (aka non-dingle) to the trailhead...IT SUCKS, which is why I went dingle. It makes sense for me and the way I ride.

    If you (not just you, Sparty, but all of you out there) live within reasonable riding distance from the trails you ride, you should try riding to them. I think most people will find the additional saddle time will improve their overall MTB fitness. More miles = more smiles.

    Single, Dingle, Tringle, whatever...I'm just ridin', and that's what it's all about. Too much division in this sport already.

    Tongue not in cheek, no hidden agenda, etc.

    Back on topic to the OP, best of luck to you STS in the Divide. You drive and fitness is truly enviable...even if your avatar is freaky child molestor-ish Can't wait to see your bike finished.

    Jeremy
    DirtBrothers PA, est. 2006
    Bound By Dirt

  90. #90
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    shinny headtube

    being turned down a bit for a bit of wight loss
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-184289_1796190937907_1033718227_2110004_2468732_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  91. #91
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,754
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    being turned down a bit for a bit of wight loss
    Thanks for getting us back on track, Dave. Is there snow on the ground were you are? When do you expect to take delivery of your new mo-sheen?

    --sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

    We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

  92. #92
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    Thanks for getting us back on track, Dave. Is there snow on the ground were you are? When do you expect to take delivery of your new mo-sheen?

    --sParty
    looking like mid march =) seat tube done today, and track ends being machined tonight =)
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  93. #93
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    more teasing

    slasa seatclamp hard to find a nit to pick with this part
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-199466_10150207277749968_609824967_9023270_1373862_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  94. #94
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    slasa seatclamp hard to find a nit to pick with this part
    Don't taint a titanium bike with an aluminum seat collar. It is aluminum, yeah?

  95. #95
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    downtube!

    digging the speed stripes polished into all the bits and peaces
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-downtube.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  96. #96
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781

    track ends

    and beer opener!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Divide fixie starting to come together-183762_1807057649568_1033718227_2127240_5659408_n.jpg  

    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  97. #97
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerThenSnot
    and beer opener!
    Looks like a pocket knife.

  98. #98
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    Looks like a pocket knife.
    above the knife
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    376
    dingles with flipflops. WTF?

  100. #100
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,781
    Quote Originally Posted by powpig2002
    dingles with flipflops. WTF?
    its bad when your lost on your own thread
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •