Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    102

    Smile DeSalvo Ti Cruiser

    Well, she'll probably sport a rohloff, but she can also be used as a SS, so I figure it's ok to post on/in this forum. Mike DeSalvo is a wonderful artisan and is a pleasure to work with. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Candlestick Maker
    Reputation: baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by thaumazein
    Well, she'll probably sport a rohloff, but she can also be used as a SS, so I figure it's ok to post on/in this forum. Mike DeSalvo is a wonderful artisan and is a pleasure to work with. Cheers.
    Looks like it'll be a fun bike!

    EBB?
    Is the tab on the non-drive so you don't need to use a torque arm w/ the Rohloff?
    Is the double top tube just for aesthetics or is there a functional purpose?

    baker

  3. #3
    Kam
    Kam is offline
    A hopped on pop.
    Reputation: Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by thaumazein
    Well, she'll probably sport a rohloff, but she can also be used as a SS, so I figure it's ok to post on/in this forum. Mike DeSalvo is a wonderful artisan and is a pleasure to work with. Cheers.
    WOW...truley one of the sweetest frames i have ever seen. it doesn't help that i am a huge desalvo fan.

    post some pics after the build. i have been thinking of adding a rohloff to my desalvo ti 29er ss frame. or, maybe asking mike to add a few cable stops.

    i hope my cx frame went to paint with your frame....iot should be in VERY soon. it's stel with paul dropouts....i'll post pics of that here when it gets in.

    cheers and again....BEAUTIFUL frame!!!!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    102

    non-drive tab

    Yup, the tab is on the non-drive side in order to do away with the ugly-as-sin Rohloff torque arm. Double top tube is there only for aesthetic reasons...no functional purpose whatsoever. Thanks for the kind comments. Cheers.


    Quote Originally Posted by baker
    Looks like it'll be a fun bike!

    EBB?
    Is the tab on the non-drive so you don't need to use a torque arm w/ the Rohloff?
    Is the double top tube just for aesthetics or is there a functional purpose?

    baker

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    102

    DeSalvo rocks

    Thanks for the kind words, Kam. Mike's work is definitely top-notch, and his prices are beyond fair.

    You MUST post pics of your cx when she gets back from Spectrum! Cheers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    WOW...truley one of the sweetest frames i have ever seen. it doesn't help that i am a huge desalvo fan.

    post some pics after the build. i have been thinking of adding a rohloff to my desalvo ti 29er ss frame. or, maybe asking mike to add a few cable stops.

    i hope my cx frame went to paint with your frame....iot should be in VERY soon. it's stel with paul dropouts....i'll post pics of that here when it gets in.

    cheers and again....BEAUTIFUL frame!!!!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: logbiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,819
    Sharp!
    yeah, please post some pics when you're done.
    Love the details like the tab for rohloff.
    what's the approx weight?
    Serge
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PinsNeedles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    687

    Good job! Very Nice

    Living in Oregon makes it hard to pick a custom builder...
    I have a Vulture, but I still need a Vanilla and a Desalvo.
    Oh yeah, a Jones would be really nice as well
    Nice bike, looking foward to the build. Enjoy.
    ' Bend's dirtiest Acupuncturist '

    bendoregonsinglespeeders

    teamwebcyclery

  8. #8
    try driving your car less
    Reputation: jh_on_the_cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,054
    wow! you went for it, and got it.
    Only boring people get bored.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    102

    Will do...

    I'll definitely post some pics when she's finished. Haven't received the frame from Mike yet, so I don't know what she weighs. Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by logbiter
    Sharp!
    yeah, please post some pics when you're done.
    Love the details like the tab for rohloff.
    what's the approx weight?
    Serge

  10. #10
    meatier showers
    Reputation: Sparticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Posts
    7,330

    Gorgeous

    What a stunning frame & fork. Rim brakes wouldn't be my personal choice but whatever... to each his own. I'm a DeSalvo fan like the others who've replied. Your frame & fork are works of art; no doubt you have years of smiles in front of you.

    --Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

  11. #11
    ...
    Reputation: CDtofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,324

    Way to go!!!

    Thaum,
    That frame is simply amazing, and props to you for going all out with a catchy paint job and double top tube. Hey if you are going for style go all out, looks like a beautiful rendition of a dream. Love to see how you build it up, especially if its with the Rohloff since I love the idea but know so little about them. IT would be great to see a ´going together´ thread. Hint, hint...

    Really, really freaking nice frame you got there. (mumbles jealously)

  12. #12
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    WOW...truley one of the sweetest frames i have ever seen. it doesn't help that i am a huge desalvo fan.

    post some pics after the build. i have been thinking of adding a rohloff to my desalvo ti 29er ss frame. or, maybe asking mike to add a few cable stops.

    i hope my cx frame went to paint with your frame....iot should be in VERY soon. it's stel with paul dropouts....i'll post pics of that here when it gets in.

    cheers and again....BEAUTIFUL frame!!!!
    Please oh please post with pics of the CX when it is done.

    Thanks!
    Tuff Schist

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    102

    DeSalvo and Spectrum...

    make for a formidable one-two punch. Have to save up for the Rohloff, but it should be worth it in the end. Thanks for the kind words. Cheers.


    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    Thaum,
    That frame is simply amazing, and props to you for going all out with a catchy paint job and double top tube. Hey if you are going for style go all out, looks like a beautiful rendition of a dream. Love to see how you build it up, especially if its with the Rohloff since I love the idea but know so little about them. IT would be great to see a ´going together´ thread. Hint, hint...

    Really, really freaking nice frame you got there. (mumbles jealously)

  14. #14
    Expert Pushing SSer
    Reputation: Meat Foot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Living in Oregon makes it hard to pick a custom builder...
    I have a Vulture, but I still need a Vanilla and a Desalvo.
    Amen....I have met Wade and Derrick (sp?, sorry!) out at BC and I spoke to Mike DeSalvo last week. All of them boys are good folk. Agreed, hard to choose.
    Tuff Schist

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Steel or Stock Ti?
    By ginmtb in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 05:01 AM
  2. chris king ti headset? is the top-cap ti?
    By saga in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 06:06 PM
  3. Tech. content tubing, welds, Ti, Steel
    By vcyclist in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 04:09 AM
  4. Dean Colonel Ti 29er.. Anyone...Anyone??
    By mdutcher in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 12:31 PM
  5. Finally, my new Ti Racer-X is on it's way...
    By 1speed_Mike in forum Titus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 06:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •