King Pin

Bonking ... not feelin' well Definitive dementia/ENO style

Perhaps a waste of bandwidth, but I just went in the garage and came upon a realization.

For the past two months, I have been running my Surly 1X1 in a nice two-one 32/16 gear ratio (/fixie/)......just now counting teeth, and I've been turning 34/16 all along! Could be some troubles in owning three and a half ENO cranksets after all?? The Sofa King's 38/18 ratio just seemed "easier". I attributed this to the factual weight difference 'tween the two.

Rode three hours on the Santa Cruz Chameleon 34/19 freewheeler today, and had a lot of trouble standing on the climbs....way too "spinny". Downhills were fun, but climbs just plain sucked the life outa me. She's actually 32/19 darnit!

I need a spread sheet to keep track of the ENO combinations.

I'm honestly confused.

Not because I'm fast.....
    Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz
    Perhaps a waste of bandwidth, but I just went in the garage and came upon a realization.

For the past two months, I have been running my Surly 1X1 in a nice two-one 32/16 gear ratio (/fixie/)......just now counting teeth, and I've been turning 34/16 all along! Could be some troubles in owning three and a half ENO cranksets after all?? The Sofa King's 38/18 ratio just seemed "easier". I attributed this to the factual weight difference 'tween the two.

Rode three hours on the Santa Cruz Chameleon 34/19 freewheeler today, and had a lot of trouble standing on the climbs....way too "spinny". Downhills were fun, but climbs just plain sucked the life outa me. She's actually 32/19 darnit!

I need a spread sheet to keep track of the ENO combinations.

I'm honestly confused.
    Wow...It's a good thing they are all SS. Just think how screwed up you would be if you had 81 gears to choose from between the three bikes

King Pin

Bonking ... not feelin' well thanks

That would be three million seven hundred thousand and seventy four possible gear combinations.....not that I'm counting. Where's the toothpicks?

Quote Originally Posted by 2farfwd
    Wow...It's a good thing they are all SS. Just think how screwed up you would be if you had 81 gears to choose from between the three bikes