75% Mountain cycle

The DEAN came in 8 weeks - as quoted

Maybe Dean is coming around. They quoted me 8 weeks and it shipped a few days over 8 weeks from when I ordered. The frame came and it's sweet!

The jury is still out on the rear shock, however. All they did was mill off the lower eyelet, installed a milled plug of sorts to fill up the gap, and clamped it on only .300" of the shock piston. I am a little concerned, the stroke is supposed to be 31mm (as per the web site for DT Swiss) but there is only 26mm of piston exposed. I have not pumped up the shock so maybe it will extend a bit, or it's a custom order shock from DT Swiss.

I got the mod dropouts and disc only. Dean is just now developing a SS Disc Dropout that will bolt on, they say it will be ready soon. So, I got the standard geary dropouts in the mean time so I could make my measurements and make my own.

Anyway - here's the frame. It will sit until the SS disc drops are ready (unless I can find a gear that works w/o a tensioner)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is my rear tire flat?
    Looks nice. So the frame will actually flex that much for the travel. I had a Unicoi with the same philosophy but with just a harsh spring. That should be a very nice ride. I love my Ti and the feeling it gives me. You know, all warm and fuzzy over bumpy rodes.....or is that just the Baileys kicking in?
    Have Fun, look forward to seeing the build!
    DLB

Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    Maybe Dean is coming around. They quoted me 8 weeks and it shipped a few days over 8 weeks from when I ordered. The frame came and it's sweet!

The jury is still out on the rear shock, however. All they did was mill off the lower eyelet, installed a milled plug of sorts to fill up the gap, and clamped it on only .300" of the shock piston. I am a little concerned, the stroke is supposed to be 31mm (as per the web site for DT Swiss) but there is only 26mm of piston exposed. I have not pumped up the shock so maybe it will extend a bit, or it's a custom order shock from DT Swiss.

I got the mod dropouts and disc only. Dean is just now developing a SS Disc Dropout that will bolt on, they say it will be ready soon. So, I got the standard geary dropouts in the mean time so I could make my measurements and make my own.

Anyway - here's the frame. It will sit until the SS disc drops are ready (unless I can find a gear that works w/o a tensioner)
    Now residing 5 miles from the Idaho WA border in life lovely Liberty Lake.

i worship Mr T
    consider yourself blessed! (mine took 5 months)

enjoy the new ride.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I'm feeling dirty, you?
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAnMan
    Dean is just now developing a SS Disc Dropout that will bolt on, they say it will be ready soon. So, I got the standard geary dropouts in the mean time so I could make my measurements and make my own.

No confirmo on this but I think DEAN uses the same modular dropout system by Kavik.
    www.kavikbicycles.com
    ... website's down, I was browsing through their site just a couple of days ago. It's no more, Kavik I heard is dead, I blame their venture into full-sus which saw some pics of.

I guess DEAN bought up the rights or at least someone did. Very pimping look, useless if you want you bike to run just one set up SS/Geared-Rim brake/Disc.

mtbr member

I agree, feel blessed....

I ordered my DEAN softail w/ an EBB, designed for a 100mm fork, single speed and disc specific over 24 weeks ago. Called Monday and the say it is in QC....scheduled to be shipped this week. Can't wait to get it built and ridden.

KMan

75% Mountain cycle
    24 weeks - that's a killer!

I called after 4 weeks. Then I called every Monday until I got it. I think if you keep on top of them, they'll get it done. Mine was a standard off the shelf size, unline K-man's special order EBB softail.

K-man - please post pics when you get them.

Here's my SS Disc rear dropout I should get done next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    24 weeks...DAMN!!!

i think i waited about 8 weeks for my '03 duke. it;s sold now, and i'm riding big wheels.

the duke makes a nice ss though. KMan, you'll love it!!!

i'll try to get a nice of my 03 duke when i had it ss...i think i ran 32x18 with no tensioner. had a f80x up front and some nice bling parts that are going on my new ti 29er ss.

nice ride SanAnMan. as far as the shock goes, the cane creek ad5 on frame did compress abit when there was no air in the shock. it would full extend about 5mm when i pumped some air in it, i think you'll be fine.

cheers!

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by KMan
    24 weeks
    KMan
    I can beat that. Mine took 7-1/2 months or 30 weeks... despite bugging them over and over and asking for them to just be honest and give me the truth. And "QC" was a line I got many times (before the tubes were even on a jig, as I've deduced). Got "should be ready to ship next week" a few times as well. Keep on 'em, and ask for plenty of swag for your troubles. As a last resort you can bring up cancelling the order and your frame will be made fairly soon thereafter. Don't know what the hell their problem is, but it makes it hard to recommend them despite the frame being a good value and high quality.
    Last edited by roadiegonebad; 12-23-2004 at 11:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

K Man

Can't wait to see it. It should be awesome!

I am excited that you are close to getting it done. I do have a question for you though . . . . . . .

You usually get a new bike every year. Since you ordered this bike in 04, when it arrives in 05, is it considered your 04 bike or your 05 bike? If it is your 04 bike, will it be time to sell it? J/K - - from the guy who has sold a bike this year after only 3 weeks of riding it.

Hope to see you on Sunday. To you and yours a fine one.

James
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!