mtbr member

Custom Aerozine SS Crank

I had a hard time deciding whether to list this crank in weight weenies or SS, but figured I get a better answer to my question here. I know it's a unique choice for a SS crank. Not many Aerozine around. I've mounted the ring on the outside of the tabs rather than the inside like I've seen others done.

Now my question for anyone who can help explain. Can the ring be mounted like this if you leave the BB spacer off the drive side moving the chain-line inward the 2.5mm.

New Custom Aerozine 175mm Mono-Q crank arms that are set up for SS. The arms have the Cr-Mo axle and have been coated with a metallic ceramic finish. The 32t Ti ring was made by Experimental Prototype in Sweden and weighs 39g and has also been ceramic coated with a clear matte finish and mounted using XTR alloy bolts The BB is a Token Tiramic ceramic. The complete crank set-up weighs in at 629 grams.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crazy8; 08-02-2009 at 04:08 PM.

mtbr member
    dbl post
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    if you remove the drive side spacer and put it on the non-drive side your cranks will not be centered under you, it might work but it can wreck havoc on your knees. I would just mount it on the inside of your spider tab
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    scooter, what's a double post? and if it means this question is asked elsewhere can you guide me to it? Do you really think 2.5mm could cause knee pain. I'm not very experienced with a SS set-up, but wanting to learn. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy8
    scooter, what's a double post? and if it means this question is asked elsewhere can you guide me to it? Do you really think 2.5mm could cause knee pain. I'm not very experienced with a SS set-up, but wanting to learn. Thanks
    just means I hit submit twice and the same message was posted twice.

you could always try it out, but if mounting to the inside of the tab gives you correct chain line just run it there, I'm sure Matias could cut you out a super light sub 15g guide ring to mount to the outside if your going for looks and light weight

mtbr member
    I'd think your right.That's why you don't see the ring mounted on the outside. As for the way it will look, I'm the function over form type. It's a crank, performance, durability, and reliability are what matters, but I will admit I like it light.

mtbr member
    can you shift your rear cog anymore to the outside? to line it up better if you do mount it on the outside?

mtbr member
    Yes I'll be able to adjust the cog on the freewheel but haven't received it yet. but I'll be able to place the spacers 1 drive and 2 non drive as should be with the BB, and adjust the chain line using spacers on the freewheel. Then I can place the ring on the outside, right? How come you see the ring on the inside of the tab then on all other SS cranks. Is there another reason I'm missing?