Connex 11SB Chain Review

Someone gave me this chain at a race in february and I've been riding it since.

Needless to say I'm pretty darn happy with it, definitely buying again. Usually burn through chains way faster due to my own maintenance neglect, pretty strong legs and simply riding a lot. I've broken a lot of pc-1's, pc850's, z-chains...etc over the years and had a lot of frustration with untimely breaks. Had been riding a kmc 11 speed "dlc" prior with success....but those things are crazy expensive.

This one went through a whole spring/summer of racing/training (minus two months with a broken wrist), including a 24hr solo and the breck 100 in the pouring rain/mud, as well as some bikepacking and it just now gave out. But it didn't give out like most chains where the plate shears or a pin pops out and the whole thing immediately gives out resulting in catastrophic failure and your balls hitting the stem. This had two plates shear off but it's still rideable.... and I think I rode it 30 miles and like 6k yesterday just like this (or at least a good portion of that ride, cause it was making funny noises the whole time). Pretty impressive.

I've also only adjusted my rear sliders a few times this year to take up slack. Not a whole lot of wear or 'stretch' compared to others I've used.

Anyways, just figured I'd share some good news.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Connex 11SB Chain Review-20170822_100930.jpg  

Connex 11SB Chain Review-20170822_100959.jpg