mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Cogs, Chains, and RIngs

How do you know if a cog is designed for a single speed chain or an 8 speed chain?
    Basically, the deal is, the only (non ramped) chainring I can find to fit my race face dues crank is a salsa 8 speed. But it seams like the only cogs i can find (and have) are all 1 1/8". Whats the best setup here?

Beware the Blackbuck!
    Mar 2008
    I swear there was a post about 3 days ago with a guy complaining about not being able to find any 1/8" cogs and rings anywhere. You and he should really get together.

The best setup is to go with all matching widths for your chain/cog/ring. Whether that be 1/8" or 3/32 is up for debate, but I'll cast my vote for 3/32.

Edit: Here, less than 1/3 the way down the first page: SS 1/8" cog

He could probably help you find a 3/32 cog, and I bet you could help him find what he's looking for.

Ovaries on the Outside
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCast
    Edit: Here, less than 1/3 the way down the first page: SS 1/8" cog

He could probably help you find a 3/32 cog, and I bet you could help him find what he's looking for.
    Sweet Mother Mary- you're a natural matchmaker. In the event the couple can't find happiness together, read through this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0