Thread: chub hubs

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

chub hubs

hey i was just wondering if anybody has had a chance to try out or buy the ss chub hub, im interested in buying them but curious as how well they work cause i know there pretty new.

SS XC Junkie
    I have them and all is well. I like them so far. Only have about 60-80 miles on them but they are doing exactly as I expected. Here's a thread about mine. I've taken a couple of 3' drops and many roots with no problems on the wheels or hubs. Not to mention they look very cool...

Also they do seem to roll better after break in. Yesterday I noticed that I was coasting further than I had been in the past. The instructions say that the wheel will roll better once it's broken in and it seems to be true for me.

None the less, I love the chubs!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    hey thanks for the info it really helps, i think im gonna pick a set up at my lbs soon

Wandering not Lost
    THe boy'z at The Hive sent me out a pair to bash on. Top notch on the finish and presentation, with the only downside is you have to build the wheel. I say that because I reveled in the looks you got when you handed over that "oil can" of a rear hub only to see their eyes widen at the absence of weight. Anyhow I got the hubs in and laced them up to a set of Flow 29's, and proceded to bashing. One thing I noticed right off the bat was the increased stiffness in the rear wheel. That is in comparision to the same rim laced to a Phil wood hub. Also there was a marked drop in weight over my tried and true phils. Currently I have a few hundered miles on them and have not heard a peep or complaint.

I would also suggest keeping your eyes out for the new FIFTEEN G crank from The Hive, as that thing is boss.

Peace