mtbr member

Check out my new SS....

I will have it rolling in April and taking custom frames one notch up...well at least no one else will have one. I have it named and i will post the progress and the final product.
    Im not doing this to become a custom builder ,I JUST WANNA "ROLL MY OWN"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reformed car junkie
    Sep 2004
    SWEET!! Id like to do something like that myself. Been reaserching a bit. Are those lugs made for a mt. bike as opposed to road geometry that your going to modify for mt geomotery. If they are for mt. where did you get them!?!

Good luck by the way.

mtbr member

Mtb lugs..

The tubing is oversized Columbus "thron and "nivacrom". A friend and i have been researching and putting our "shop" together for about 6 months.
    if you go to frameforum.com you can get a huge amount of information from newbies and some of the best custom builders in the world.
    The tube set came from Ceeway in GBR and the service was excellent to say the least.
    Peter can guide you through your selection.
    Henryjames.com in the US supplies mtb lugs/tubing but i wanted a fully lugged bike. There are some interesting rants around about lugged vrs tigged.
    The frameforum site has links to tons of suppliers, everything from jigs to flux to fillet mat`ls..on and on.
    i spend much more time there than here because it is so interesting.
    my home em is thadd@bellsouth.net
    Ill be glad to give you more info, but not in front of the eyes of the world.....
    Do it man..what could be more rewarding than pedaling your own creation,......

Reformed car junkie
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thadthetroll
    The tubing is oversized Columbus "thron and "nivacrom". A friend and i have been researching and putting our "shop" together for about 6 months.
    if you go to frameforum.com you can get a huge amount of information from newbies and some of the best custom builders in the world.
    The tube set came from Ceeway in GBR and the service was excellent to say the least.
    Peter can guide you through your selection.
    Henryjames.com in the US supplies mtb lugs/tubing but i wanted a fully lugged bike. There are some interesting rants around about lugged vrs tigged.
    The frameforum site has links to tons of suppliers, everything from jigs to flux to fillet mat`ls..on and on.
    i spend much more time there than here because it is so interesting.
    my home em is thadd@bellsouth.net
    Ill be glad to give you more info, but not in front of the eyes of the world.....
    Do it man..what could be more rewarding than pedaling your own creation,......
    Im deffentetally gonna do it, just a matter of when, and $$$$. I agree, nothing could be more rewarding.
    Ive checked out the frameforum.net, but i havnet spent much time there unfortunatly. Thats gotta change. Thanks for the email addy, ill deffentally drop you a line sometime, but it may not be too soon . THanks again, make you you post that thing when its all done! Im diggin the shape of those seat stays.

Des(s)ert Rat
    I like your choices. That's a very wise choice in tubeset.

Lugs.... They always add a taste of the elegance in my opinion. Keeps us all updated, I would like to see the frame as it goes through the process.