mtbr member

chainring sizes for 110bcd - crank trade?

Are there any chainrings smaller than 34t for a standard 110bcd crank? I need a 33 or even a 32 if possible to fit my frame clearance to make my 130mm spaced flip flop hub work on my KM. I can get the chainline spot on w/ a 32 tooth ring w/ my compact Curve cranks, but the spider keeps coming loose when I ride fixed gear...so I think I need a fixed spider, and the only fixed spider crank I have laying around is a race face standard.

If no is the answer, anyone interested in a race face turbine 110 bcd crank swap for a similar 94bcd crank?

On MTBR hiatus :(

I'm 99% sure...

...that 34T is the smallest ring you'll find in a 110bcd. It'd be worth asking Warhawk if they could come up with a 33T custom job, but I don't think you'd get down to 32T without having chainring bolt interference with the chain.

highly visible
    That's right, 34t is the smallest anyone makes in a "production" ring for 110mm, and 33t is the smallest possible. There are no 32t rings, period. Warhawk will make you a 33t, and Sparty has one and can attest to its quality. I had them make a 35t ring last year, and their service is excellent. Which it should be, for the price.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Vuelta used to offer a 33T also, production no less, about 4 years ago, they may or may not still do so, but I'm sure some of their distributors still have oddball sizes in stock. In fact they offered everything from 33 to 58T in 1T increments for 110mm bcd. The kicker was they did it in six different annodized colors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Specialties TA 33t ring

Specialties TA makes a 33t ring for 110bcd. Peter White Cycles stocks them at:
    www.peterwhitecycles.com

B

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

fixed crank issue

I had the sale problem with a crank spider loosening while fixed. The lock ring would back off.

If you don't plan to change spiders down the road use JB Weld on the lockring and it won't come loose anymore. Worked for me.