try driving your car less

New question here. chainline on either side of ENO eccentric?

Is the chainline the same on both sides of an ENO eccentric? I ask because I was thinking about making setting up the fixed side with a tall gear, but same chain and a bigger ring in the front, in the big ring (outboard) spot. I want the rear V brake to still line up.
    Would this work? I realize that the outboard front chainring will make a different chainline. On the freewheel side it lines up with the middle ring nicely. 32:18 or 34:18 sometimes. I want to run maybe a 36:14 fixed or so for dirt roads and mellow stuff.
    Thanks.
    Only boring people get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    Is the chainline the same on both sides of an ENO eccentric? I ask because I was thinking about making setting up the fixed side with a tall gear, but same chain and a bigger ring in the front, in the big ring (outboard) spot. I want the rear V brake to still line up.
    Would this work? I realize that the outboard front chainring will make a different chainline. On the freewheel side it lines up with the middle ring nicely. 32:18 or 34:18 sometimes. I want to run maybe a 36:14 fixed or so for dirt roads and mellow stuff.
    Thanks.
    umm... I'll just take that as a no.

Medium?

On my roadie

I run the chain ring on the outer position, and there are ENOugh threads that I could space the cog out even a little more. I think it would work fine. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    I run the chain ring on the outer position, and there are ENOugh threads that I could space the cog out even a little more. I think it would work fine. Try it.
    Thanks... I think I might just try it...

mtbr member

works fine

Quote Originally Posted by jh_on_the_cape
    Thanks.
    it works fine. For a few weeks I had a track cog on the fixie side while pedaling with the ENO freewheel. When I decided to go back on to fixed, chainline never changed. But do change your underwear though.