mtbr member

building up bridgestone - gearing sugg for S. Cali

I ride the Santa Monica Mountains in Hollywood and Malibu. Anybody have a good suggestion for gearing for this area. I've been on a cross bike and a geared full susp for years - now I'm building up my bridgestone MB-4 with an ENO eccentric hub. I want to get a fixed gear for the flip flop also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keypocket
    I ride the Santa Monica Mountains in Hollywood and Malibu. Anybody have a good suggestion for gearing for this area. I've been on a cross bike and a geared full susp for years - now I'm building up my bridgestone MB-4 with an ENO eccentric hub. I want to get a fixed gear for the flip flop also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    It depends on so many factors (and which part of the Santa Monicas), but for starting 32x20.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    It depends on so many factors (and which part of the Santa Monicas), but for starting 32x20.
    I gotta agree with Pacman. 32x20 is a great start. If it's too tough, find a 22 rear.

Good luck!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Samsonite Tester
    34 X 19 Is where I'm at now. Play around with different combos. Everybody is different .
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14