So this is a follow up post to my first when I started down the path of building my first SS. Hear is what I have and I have some questions on finishing out:
- Cannodale 2007 1FG with ultra headshock vertical dropout and bushnell eccentric bottom bracket.
- WTB speed disk SS specific wheelset with 18T freewheel cog
- Origin 8 carbon fiber seatpost
- WTB speed V saddle
- race face ride XC crank and chainring, bottom bracket
- Avid Juicy 3 brakes (rotors and levers)
I am hoping to get down to 19 lbs or less. Frame and fork weigh only 7.2lbs and wheels with cog mounted are 4.2 lbs
- Can I get by with just running a rear brake?
- What would be recommended for tires? I ride in western FL were conditions range widely. Thinking about getting Kenda small block 8
- My biggest question is do I need to get a true single speed chain? Seems like they are a lot heavier than a good 9 speed chain.
Results 1 to 3 of 3