Easton EC 90 carbon bars
Shimano Cane Creek Brake Components
Mavic double walled wheels
Shimano wheel hubs
Leader alum seat post
Carbon bottle cage
Shimano crank set
Road tires and cyclocross tires included

they're asking $500 obo. is this reasonable for this bike?

he says it's a cyclo cross singlespeed, but it has v-brakes and a rear cassette (but no derailleur lol). i think it's a good looking bike...

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmmm...isn't leader a budget frame builder? I'm not doubting quality or anything...but thinking the frame might be on the cheaper end.

It's also got an older crankset on it.

One thing I would do is price the average cost of all its parts. If it appears that you could build the bike for $100 more, then its too much.

For example:
Leader i802 Carbon Road Fork $139.00
Easton EC90 Carbon Bars $90-$140

That's around $260 dollars in new parts right there.

If we say the wheels cost $125 new, on the low end, we have a total cost of a little under $400.

If we said that everything else cost $100 (seat, seatpost, stem) we'd likely hit $500 for all the parts new.

So personally, I'd offer $400.

#4 ·
It looks like his stem if forte, so I guess his chain tensioner is forte. I just put those on my bike and until I get a new wheel set I am using the cassette. So far the chain has not jumped. There is not clanging noise. Of course I did remove some links from my chain. I would not worry about the chain jumping.

#5 ·
ya i wasn't a fan of the forte/performance bike parts, but if it works it works...

i'd have to put a new crankset and pedals on it, lose the cassette and try for a magical gear combo to lose the tensioner, but otherwise i think i'd be happy with the setup... the bike would be mostly just for commuting to/from work, about 9mi, and i'd rather not spin out on my MTBs which run a 32/15 lol

anyway, thanks for the replies!

the bike looks to me like a 29er MTB with drop bars... but it does look kinda neat!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.