MattSavage

Bianchi WUSS headset....

So, I bought a NOS WUSS frameset that came with the headset, a VP Aheadset. While assembling it, I noticed that the dust seals were kinda chinzy and not seating well. I couldn't find any data on the oem headset, so I went to the Bianchi website and was looking at the photo of the bike when I noticed this...

Look at the top seal on the headset... Looks alittle out of place. Then on the bottom, there's a huge gap between the race and the cup. I just cant believe they sent a bike to product photo shoot looking like that.

Anyone have any issues with their headset? I plan on upgrading anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    The VP aheadsets are pretty cheap. I have a King headset in my MUSS and love it. But I've also used Cane Creek S3 and S2 in my other bikes they work just fine too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My SISS came with the same thing installed pretty much the same way. I was just religious about keeping it cleaned and lubed. When I got a SASS warranty frame, I put a King headset on. Don't know if I would go with the King again but definitely use it until you need a new one and then upgrade. Cane Creek seems like a good bang for the buck vs King.
    GP