Recovering Weight Weenie

Best wife ever, redux. (a Christmas story)

WOW.
    And to think, I got her... a new coffemaker, a new saddle, and a Path Bike Shop t-shirt....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm feeling dirty, you?
    That's the oddest looking coffee maker I've ever seen... just don't put it too close to Windows, ha?...haa?.... nudge, nudge... smack! (bad joke self-slap, wait it wasn't not bad... it was terrible).

If only my coffee machine accepted DVDs without melting them.

mtbr member

congrats!!

Let me get this straight,
    your wife rides bikes as mush as you do, and she gets you a new computer when you get her a coffee maker? Holy $hit! Dont ever let her go!!! congrats on finding her!!!

pewpewpew Moderator
    You know, al WAS enjoying his new shop vac until he saw YOUR new gift!

Merry Christmas to both of you!

ballbuster

Neato!

Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    WOW.
    And to think, I got her... a new coffemaker, a new saddle, and a Path Bike Shop t-shirt....
    My wife just got the 15" and loves it... so do I

We were originally going for the 12" for size reasons, but she wanted the slightly bigger screen. I still think the 12" is sexier tho.

We've been using the multi-user function with fast screen switching. It's neat. The whole screen rotates like a cube between users.

meatier showers

Padre you a lucky man

Dood, maybe she'll make coffee for you, too.

Merry Christmas,
    Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    WOW.
    Very nice Pardre. Now you should at least amend Leslie's coffee maker with a year's supply of fresh roasted organic coffee beans.

Carla got me graphics software. I am building a copper garden gate for her. I gave myself this: 20-inch G5, 2GB RAM
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Trail rider and racer
    Nice 12" PB and a great wife for choosing it for you. Nice iMac Shiggy. My Chirstmas Apple is almost here - A 30" Apple Cinema HD display and Dual G5.. Shame it didn't make if for christmas day...
    Trev!

The Top Cap Guy

Very Nice Padre!

Gotta love a good wife!!... mine got me a new road bike frameset - a Basso Zer0.9 - just built it up today (still need to cut the steerer) and the Giant TCR Frameset is gone! Now I just need to get hat thing on the trainer and get a workout going! No worries - still have the SS and the fixie road bike.

Later
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor!
    ... My Chirstmas Apple is almost here - A 30" Apple Cinema HD display and Dual G5...
    BAASTRD! I wish I could afford that. Of course I would want dual 30" displays, too.

2.5GHz and 8GB of RAM?
    mtbtires.com

Trail rider and racer
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    BAASTRD! I wish I could afford that. Of course I would want dual 30" displays, too.

2.5GHz and 8GB of RAM?
    Now 2.5Ghz and 8GB or RAM would be insane! No, for me, I am getting the Dual 2.0 with 1GB of RAM. Wireless Keys and Mouse too which will be a first (The less wire the better).

The New iMacs look great IMHO. We have one of the previous models with the swivel display. I still really appreciate it aesthetically but think the new ones are nice and minimal.
    Trev!

Now 2.5Ghz and 8GB or RAM would be insane! No, for me, I am getting the Dual 2.0 with 1GB of RAM. Wireless Keys and Mouse too which will be a first (The less wire the better).

The New iMacs look great IMHO. We have one of the previous models with the swivel display. I still really appreciate it aesthetically but think the new ones are nice and minimal.
    I thought about getting the wireless keyboard and mouse. I have used a wireless mouse before and it was OK. Suffered some stutters once in a while. The bluetooth connection may solve that. I also prefer a two button mouse with a scroll wheel so that was the deal killer.

Enjoy your new stuff everyone!

I am giving my riding buddies new trails! Worked on them today.
    mtbtires.com

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Wow, looks like we all scored!

A few Mac q's if anyone has time...

Does my .mac account apply to more than 1 computer?

Can my Office for Mac be installed on more than 1 computer?

How do you folks handle email when you have more than 1? Is 1 simply the "main" one?

mtbr member
    Not all of us scored, I got nothing, zero, nada at my household.

On the other side I've been giving myself cycling gifts during the whole year so having my hands empty on Christmas day was a little sad but not a big deal. Part of the gifts included a frame, wheelset, cogs, rings, bars, stems, posts, pedals and a fork so who am I to complain.

The wife can't complain either because she got a 11K kitchen remodeling (cabinets, appliances, etc) and I got a 15yr mortgage payment, great gifts right?

Trail rider and racer
    Wow, looks like we all scored!

A few Mac q's if anyone has time...

Does my .mac account apply to more than 1 computer?

Can my Office for Mac be installed on more than 1 computer?

How do you folks handle email when you have more than 1? Is 1 simply the "main" one?
    Office Mac, in theory can be installed on more than one computer, however if those computers (2 or more) are on the same network any of the applications run on an additional computer whilst the software is being run on another will force you to save your work and close. (IE I am working on Word, and my mother opens up Excel on her computer, I will be forced to save and close. - A work around this is simply to close network connection or turn airport off). Many people run a single version on many computers in home setups.

I have several email accounts which both Mail or Entourage handle fine. I always have one account set to default but when I receive email ALL my accounts are checked. When I start a new email, by default, my default account is selected but all I have to do to send from another account is to select it from the pull down in the window I am composing my email in.

I am not using a .Mac account anymore. I cannot see any major conflicts on it being set up on 1 or 2 more computers at one time. You may need to consult the apple.com support pages for more information.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Guess There Are A Lot of AWESOME...

wives out there!! My beautiful bride had a Phil Wood BB waiting under the tree, right next to a new Jones H-Bar all nestled behind a new U2 i-Pod! Stack that on top of the Moots Ti Smoothie she bought me for my 40th this year and I'd have to say that she's as good as they come!! Also gave me Soulcraft Convert for my converted Ute (it was built as a gearie- insert shudder here). Merry X-mas and Happy Holidays to all!! Wish everyone a great year of riding ahead
    MTBDad
    MCM #47.867

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" - Bono

Recovering Weight Weenie
    You may need to consult the apple.com support pages for more information.
    Wow! Thanks Trevor, big time!

SSped
    Jan 2004

Virus

I gave my self a new updated copy of Mcafe virus scan for christmass. I have been having a ton of problems with my computer and Finally figured out I had a virus on it. So Now se is back and operating like a gem.

I am 9 hours into the Lord Of The Rings new extended version that I bought for my Waif. The last movie has an added hour of video to it. I only got 2+hours to go.

Bikes not Bombs.....

Padre.... nice

Congrats on a caring and understanding wife. They truly are like rare jewels, hard to come by and very precious. Enjoy the new machine....

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -