Results 1 to 54 of 54
  1. #1
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086

    Best bars for a rigid SS?

    I'm new to SS riding and I want to replace the cheapo flat bar that came on my Unit. I really like the old school titanium Hellbent bar on my old hardtail, but I can't find anyone who sells a titanium riser bar anymore (anyone know where to buy one?).

    That leaves me with either chromoly (DMR 5 butt) or something carbon fiber. The DMR looks like it's designed for dirt jumping and I'm not sure if it would offer the "feel" I'm looking for. Carbon probably has the "feel" but I've always had a fear of carbon on my bikes (probably irrational, but a fear non the less). What carbon bars are solid enough to deal with the heavy side-to-side torque of an SS? Will they hold up to bar ends?

    Also, I've seen several SS riders using "funny shape" bars like Jones bars or Mary bars. Any thoughts on these? I used to be a big fan of bar ends back in the day, and am strongly considering putting them (or Ergons) on my SS. What are the benefits of a bar like a Jones bar? Does the bent position impact your ability to lift up on the front wheel?

    Thanks for your suggestions!

  2. #2
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,489
    K-Man,

    I've run nothing but carbon or Ti bars on my SSs for several years with no problems.

    How much you looking to spend? Lots of options, but the more custom ones get pricey

  3. #3
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    How much you looking to spend? Lots of options, but the more custom ones get pricey
    I'd have a hard time hanging something more than $125 on my $800 bike, but I I would consider paying more than that I guess for something custom. Who builds custom Ti riser bars?

  4. #4
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,489
    There are several....

    I use Black Sheep up here in Ft. Collins

    Here's an offer...I'm in the process of parting out and selling my Eriksen SS. I have a set of carbon DH riser bars which I can sell, if you are interested. They are a couple of years old, but no structural issues or concerns.

    They are the FSA version of this Gravity bar:
    http://www.ridegravity.com/fly.aspx?...oduct&taxid=15

  5. #5
    Hawes Junkie
    Reputation: AZ XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    141

    I LUV my bar

    I got a naked LUV bar from Rody about two years ago and it works awesome!!!

    It allows several different hand placements options, infintite color options as he's a VanGogh in that dept and it doesn't look like everyone else's riser bar.

    I was in the same boat as you with regard to not wanted to spend alot but knowing that it could make SS more comfortable and fun. Being that I spend $350 on my InBred it was hard to justify the $85 for a bar but I've never had any second guesses.

    Definitely give him a call if your interesed.

    http://groovycycleworks.com/extras.aspx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best bars for a rigid SS?-more-bar-pics-006.jpg  

    Best bars for a rigid SS?-more-bar-pics-001.jpg  


  6. #6
    Birdman aka JMJ
    Reputation: Birdman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,074

    Cheapo CF risers

    I'm running XC carbon riser bars on my 2 SS bikes (1 rigid ti, 1 steel hardtail). $45ish Performance/Nashbar house brand CF bars. No problems.

    JMJ

  7. #7
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086
    SW: I'm paranoid of CF bars, so buying a used one (even if it was only ridden by your grandma on Sunday) would really freak me out. Completly irrational I know, but handle bars are something that I don't want to ever worry about. Thanks for the offer though! Those Black Sheep bars are cool looking, but I'd miss using lock on grips I think.

    AZ XC, I send Rody an email asking what his lead time is. Those look very cool and the price isn't too bad at all. How do you find the position when you are lifting up on the bars to go over a rock/curb/etc? What do they feel like on the downhills?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15

    Monkeylite Risers

    I just put a '08 Easton Monkeylite XC Lo-Rise bar on my GF Rig about a month ago. Jenson is blowing them out for $75. They're nice and wide and I'm running the 31.8 version and they're plenty stiff. I weigh in about 235 lbs. and haven't felt any flex in them when standing and climbing. Check 'em out...

  9. #9
    Expert Crasher
    Reputation: GreenLightGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,355
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    Also, I've seen several SS riders using "funny shape" bars like Jones bars or Mary bars. Any thoughts on these? I used to be a big fan of bar ends back in the day, and am strongly considering putting them (or Ergons) on my SS. What are the benefits of a bar like a Jones bar? Does the bent position impact your ability to lift up on the front wheel?

    Thanks for your suggestions!
    I'm a big fan of the 'alt' bars. I run the Titec J-bar on my rigid Karate Monkey. It is my belief that the angle of the bar is most conducive to rigid riding because it allows you to ride 'light' a bit easier.

    Pulling up the front wheel is a no-brainer - it's almost as if you are doing rows in the gym. Hold your hands out, palms facing down and row back (squeeze your shoulder blades together) - this replicates a flat bar. Then do it again with your wrists rotated towards the ground about 45 degrees and try it again - feels more natural.

    Best thing about bars - you can experiment with a few and figure out what works best for you and your preferences.

    <a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/m7CZLd-qpF0E-n745uPB1A?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="http://lh5.ggpht.com/_2W6rELw9q40/Su4hz5n_iWI/AAAAAAAADek/P_1Lv3OxbAg/s800/IMG_5481.JPG" /></a>
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

  10. #10
    EXORCIZE
    Reputation: Ryder1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,051
    I once had some wide ti custom riser bars - while they lasted...

    + 1 on Webbo's suggestion - Monkeylite XC (or DH).
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo
    2016 Pivot 429T
    2011 Kona Unit

  11. #11
    jdg
    jdg is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    239
    I am running a Surly Torsion bar and love it. It is steel, flat with a lot of sweep. Price was around $55-60.

  12. #12
    conjoinicorned
    Reputation: ferday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,527
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    AZ XC, I send Rody an email asking what his lead time is. Those look very cool and the price isn't too bad at all. How do you find the position when you are lifting up on the bars to go over a rock/curb/etc? What do they feel like on the downhills?

    i use drops, marys, luv handles, etc. so FWIW

    on my SS i usually run marys. the marys are my favorite feel overall but on super fast rough DH the sweep is too much to hold on to and i worry about the strength on jumps/drops although they feel nice in the air. on the trailbike i run luv handles. they feel best in the rough and jumps, tons of control but still good climbing power and very solid bar. the luv handles are easily lofted...i don't think the bars are harder to loft the front end, just less intuitive than standard risers. the cheaper (barely) alternative are the ragley carnegie bars, slightly more sweep than the luv handles and definitely rated for hard riding.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stick-boy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    79
    I'm running this cheapo flat bar that came on my Unit. Highly recommend it.
    Rollin just to keep on rollin'. I don't want to leave this heaven so soon. - Mark Lanegan

  14. #14
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Another J-Bar user . multiple hand positions makes it nice .

  15. #15
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,437
    I've been rockin' these for awhile. The bend in the grip area is awesome for control, and they are 700mm wide.


  16. #16
    LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!
    Reputation: robbyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233
    I'm kickin' it old school with the bar ends.
    They were $free.99 from my parts bin and a huge improvement on the stock Specialized bars. I'd love to try some Marys though.
    Robb
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp
    Canondale Synapse w/DuraAce goodness

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    124
    Syntace Vector carbon riser works for me.

  18. #18
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,330
    Marys were too narrow with the Ergons w/ stubby bar ends, but still felt great. That setup is now on my SS commuter roadie. I settled with the Fleegles with Ergons and the stubby bar ends. Very wide and comfy, lots of leverage, the stubby bar ends are excellent for standing climbs. Only gripe on the Fleegles is they weigh a ton.

  19. #19
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,484
    Chromag Fubar OS


  20. #20
    Bodhisattva
    Reputation: The Squeaky Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,489
    Quote Originally Posted by baycat
    Chromag Fubar OS

    The rootbeer bar is rad

  21. #21
    Hawes Junkie
    Reputation: AZ XC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    SW: I'm paranoid of CF bars, so buying a used one (even if it was only ridden by your grandma on Sunday) would really freak me out. Completly irrational I know, but handle bars are something that I don't want to ever worry about. Thanks for the offer though! Those Black Sheep bars are cool looking, but I'd miss using lock on grips I think.

    AZ XC, I send Rody an email asking what his lead time is. Those look very cool and the price isn't too bad at all. How do you find the position when you are lifting up on the bars to go over a rock/curb/etc? What do they feel like on the downhills?

    Kristian-

    To answer your first question--I just pull up on them, really hard. Trying to be sarcastic but I tried moving my hands all around the bar during a ride to find better area for different riding styles but with the excessive sweep I just keep my hands on the grips on go.

    Downhill feels very comfortable and intuitive-I've never had any issues with it but the only thing I've noticed is when it is EXTRA rocky the rigid fork bumps me around a bit much. When that happens I just grab a little harder to the bar (again not trying to be sarcastic).

    Seriously though the bar is the single best improvement that I made to my setup and I've only ridden my front suspension bike like 4 times in the last 2 years.

  22. #22
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214

    Best bar for SS

    The Surly Wench of course.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gjenkins@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,588
    I have not seen many negative reviews of the funny shaped bars around here. We have a guy in our group who has tried several, and he is returning to wide, somewhat flat bars.

    So far, "Syntace Vector 31.8 Carbon " are working well for me.

  24. #24
    Low Rep Count
    Reputation: 1SPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    I'm rockin an easton carbon straight bar with a very low rise on my Thompson stem (actually the stem is flipped upside down to lower it), Hey I am/was a roadie. I just feel like I am sitting too upright with a rising stem and bent bar.

    Also rocking the old Cane Creek rubber bar ends! Still love those things.


  25. #25
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    For rigid SS, I'd have to forgo some stiffness and run a 25.4 carbon bar. I run a Salsa promoto carbon and love it. I swapped from their aluminum bar and thought I've gone to heaven.

  26. #26
    smell the saddle...
    Reputation: stumonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    612
    I use these Nitto Northroad on my commuter. I have tried them in about 4 different positions (flopped and rotated front & back) this setup is the most comfortable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best bars for a rigid SS?-flop-bar.jpg  


  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jwcart10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    61
    i am a big fan of the alt bar crowd and use the misfit psycles fu2 bar. similar to the mary but i actually have mine flipped upside down for a bit lower position.

  28. #28
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    I've uses several alt bars so far and my favorite are the fu2 bar by misfit. I wish they were wider, but they are the only bars that never give me wrist or hand problems.

  29. #29
    Over the bars...
    Reputation: egggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    483
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    I've uses several alt bars so far and my favorite are the fu2 bar by misfit. I wish they were wider, but they are the only bars that never give me wrist or hand problems.
    If you want wider arent the FU2 the same as the FU just not as wide?

  30. #30
    EXORCIZE
    Reputation: Ryder1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,051
    I've done most my SS riding on alt bars. I liked my Mary Bar so much I splurged on a 1" wider custom ti Mary. Last year I used Titec's H-bar and like it: way stiff, way ugly, way heavy, and a real good width for me. But more recently I got sucked in by the carbon devil.
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo
    2016 Pivot 429T
    2011 Kona Unit

  31. #31
    Birthday Collector
    Reputation: ATBScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,588
    Another Titec J-Bar rider here too. Love them and the position lets me have a grip somewhat like being on a bar-end, but a lot less chance of that "horn" catching something on the side of the trail! Very comfy. I did put a longer/higher stem on to keep the hand position from coming too far back on my bike. I wouldn't go back to regular bars on my SS after a couple years on these!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living
    http://www.endlesscyclesonline.com

  32. #32
    Hairshirt Rider
    Reputation: Loudpawlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,869
    I've tried a variety of funky bars. Jones Ti H-bars, Mary (two different times), BS ti mustache and steel Groovy Luvs. My favorite for the combo of control and ergonomics are the Luvs. They are reasonably comfy paired up with a rigid fork - certainly no more jangle than what you've got now

    but

    I picked up a salsa pro moto 17 degree carbon bar on a whim. The carbon bar stayed and the Luvs went bye bye. The carbon bars are noticeably more comfortable with the rigid fork. I see some ti Luv in my future though.

    Knowing the way you ride I think you'd be disappointed with more funk than the 22ish degrees of sweep on the Luvs. I felt like I gave up a bit of control with the Jones, BS and even the Marys which don't have that much more sweep. I adapted, but going back to less sweep was a nice change.

  33. #33
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086
    Thanks for the insight Pablo. I'm going to pull the stem (45mm) and bars (Hellbent Ti) off the Fluid and use those for a while since the 105mm stem is really annoying me. Those Hellbents have a couple years of abuse on them so they aren't a long term solution, but they should be fine until I figure out what I want to get. (besides, Ti usually bends before it fails right???).

    You don't have any of those old Luvs (or anything else) laying around still do you?

    We need to do an SS ride sometime now that I'm finally getting my legs (although I still have a long ways to go).

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jwcart10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by egggman
    If you want wider arent the FU2 the same as the FU just not as wide?
    yes the fubars are wider

  35. #35
    .......
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,707
    I'm not a big fan of funk bars, either. Currently on Easton flat, but will get a CF for the next go around.

  36. #36
    LET'S GO RIDE BIKES!
    Reputation: robbyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    233
    Being 6'5" tall and 230lbs I'm kinda scared of CF bars. I'll stick with aluminum or cromo. I've got my eye on some Salsa ProMoto risers at CBO.
    Robb
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp
    Canondale Synapse w/DuraAce goodness

  37. #37
    Ovaries on the Outside
    Reputation: umarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,367
    Quote Originally Posted by egggman
    If you want wider arent the FU2 the same as the FU just not as wide?
    No. I have both. The FUbars come back more, which can require a longer stem, in addition to the sweep being different. And rather than just 35mm wider, I'd like 50-60mm...

  38. #38
    Hairshirt Rider
    Reputation: Loudpawlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    You don't have any of those old Luvs (or anything else) laying around still do you?

    We need to do an SS ride sometime now that I'm finally getting my legs (although I still have a long ways to go).
    The bar box was cleared out a while ago. I'd definitely be up for a spin. I'll be back next week.

  39. #39
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086
    The switch between the stock 105mm stem and stock 12 degree flat bar and the 60mm stem with a riser bar was an interesting comparison. The stock setup wasn't TOO much further forward when you look at them stacked like this.




    Still, it felt like I was way over the front wheel when riding the stock combo. I'm curious to ride the short stem, no (little) sweep bars setup and see how I like it. Here is a view from the top. The stock bar is a 710mm bar and the Hellbent is 26" if I recall correctly, yet when you get down to it, the 28" bar only looks about half an inch wider on each side.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    497
    K-man went SS????

    Geez! Next thing you know I'll be moving back to CO.

  41. #41
    Shinobi-Wan Kenobi Moderator
    Reputation: kristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy
    K-man went SS????

    Geez! Next thing you know I'll be moving back to CO.
    Sweet! Pack your bags then and get out here then!

    We bought a house in Black Forest with some awesome singlespeed trails in the neighborhood (read: trails too boring for the Knolly). After riding there for the last year on the Superlight and thinking that I really needed a SS, I finally pulled the trigger last month. So far, I'm really digging it, and I love the workout it gives me.

    What's new with you Timmy? Are you still in San Diego?

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Timmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    497

    ...

    "Sweet! Pack your bags then and get out here then!"

    Can't. Completely lost my ability to drive a car in ice and snow, put on a jacket when the temperature dips below 65, don't mind paying 700K for a 3 bdrm house etc. Yeah, I've pretty much been assimilated. Turns out those things aren't genetic after all.

    "We bought a house in Black Forest with some awesome singlespeed trails in the neighborhood (read: trails too boring for the Knolly). After riding there for the last year on the Superlight and thinking that I really needed a SS, I finally pulled the trigger last month. So far, I'm really digging it, and I love the workout it gives me."

    Congrats on the house and the SS!

    "What's new with you Timmy? Are you still in San Diego?"


    Not much new here. Same old stuff, I'm just a LOT older now. Still hoping to escape but the probability has been greatly reduced. Maybe when I retire...

    Take Care K-man!

  43. #43
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    I tried a Salsa 31.8 promoto carbon and a wcs 31.8 stem on my other SS. I had a cheapy 25.4 on it with a 110 wcs stem.

    Wow, just riding around the neighborhood, it is much much stiffer than my Niner setup, as well as the 25.4bar/110mm stem. So this will feel stiffer climbing, but I'll wait to see how it feels on the DH.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    Marys were too narrow with the Ergons w/ stubby bar ends, but still felt great. That setup is now on my SS commuter roadie. I settled with the Fleegles with Ergons and the stubby bar ends. Very wide and comfy, lots of leverage, the stubby bar ends are excellent for standing climbs. Only gripe on the Fleegles is they weigh a ton.

    I rock the Mary Bars on my SS and 1x9 rides.

    I actually got the Mary bars because the sweep eliminated the need for the Ergon, I would think the Mary sweep and Ergon would cause too much sweep and would put your wrists (at least my wrists) at to great an angle.

    Go Mary!

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    I tried a Salsa 31.8 promoto carbon and a wcs 31.8 stem on my other SS. I had a cheapy 25.4 on it with a 110 wcs stem.

    Wow, just riding around the neighborhood, it is much much stiffer than my Niner setup, as well as the 25.4bar/110mm stem. So this will feel stiffer climbing, but I'll wait to see how it feels on the DH.
    Any follow up comment Rensho? I'm seriously considering the Syntace Vector carbon or the Salsa Pro Moto carbon bar. I ride rigid most of the time, and I don't want a 31.8 OS being too stiff. I'm looking to add leverage, but I'm mainly hoping to add comfort...

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudpawlz
    I picked up a salsa pro moto 17 degree carbon bar on a whim. The carbon bar stayed and the Luvs went bye bye. The carbon bars are noticeably more comfortable with the rigid fork. I see some ti Luv in my future though.
    Which stem diameter did you go with?

    Anyone on this thread try the same bar with different clamp sizes???

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25
    If you run rigid, these have a nice amount of flex to take the edge off some of the big hits and putting your hands on the risers , it feels like a normal riser bar but you have 3 or 4 other positions when you want to change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best bars for a rigid SS?-p1000003.jpg  


  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblemumble
    Marys were too narrow with the Ergons w/ stubby bar ends, but still felt great. That setup is now on my SS commuter roadie. I settled with the Fleegles with Ergons and the stubby bar ends. Very wide and comfy, lots of leverage, the stubby bar ends are excellent for standing climbs. Only gripe on the Fleegles is they weigh a ton.
    On-One Fleegles are great. If you are worried about the weight go with the pro Fleegles.

  49. #49
    smell the saddle...
    Reputation: stumonky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by soslo
    If you run rigid, these have a nice amount of flex to take the edge off some of the big hits and putting your hands on the risers , it feels like a normal riser bar but you have 3 or 4 other positions when you want to change.
    What are those? Ever run them sweeped to the front?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mattybfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by umarth
    No. I have both. The FUbars come back more, which can require a longer stem, in addition to the sweep being different. And rather than just 35mm wider, I'd like 50-60mm...
    I have both also and the fu's are an 1 1/4" wider but also would like an extra bit more. With that said still my favorite over my other which are groovy luvs.

    http://www.psyclestore.com/products/...Handlebar.html

    Still waiting to see misfits drop bars come out, they seemed to fall on the back burner.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    25
    Stu, they are Blacksheep moustache bars. Won't be putting these on backwards unless I decide to go pursuiting again.

  52. #52
    Let's ride
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding
    Any follow up comment Rensho? I'm seriously considering the Syntace Vector carbon or the Salsa Pro Moto carbon bar. I ride rigid most of the time, and I don't want a 31.8 OS being too stiff. I'm looking to add leverage, but I'm mainly hoping to add comfort...
    Not enough yet. I rode them last night, but mind you, these bars are different brand and shorter by 20mm. I notice that the most. They are certainly stiffer, and I notice no flex when pulling on them. I'm waiting for a short stem to try 31.8 on my regular SS (3yrs with me) to give you a real answer. Plus, right now, I'm running a Fox 100 fork, instead of my rigid forks, so that's a big part of it too. Stay tuned.

  53. #53
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybfat
    Still waiting to see misfits drop bars come out, they seemed to fall on the back burner.
    they did.
    then they fell victim to a rouge lazer gunner...logos were all wrong and upsidedown and whatever.

    remakes fly out of Taiwan on June 24 or sooner.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,550
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Not enough yet. I rode them last night, but mind you, these bars are different brand and shorter by 20mm. I notice that the most. They are certainly stiffer, and I notice no flex when pulling on them. I'm waiting for a short stem to try 31.8 on my regular SS (3yrs with me) to give you a real answer. Plus, right now, I'm running a Fox 100 fork, instead of my rigid forks, so that's a big part of it too. Stay tuned.
    Another weeks come and gone. Any new chances for an update?

Members who have read this thread: 1

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •