Account Retired

Idea! Berryman May15-16 Camp/Ride

24 miles of Missouri's finest single track. Bicycling Magazine called it the best singletrack East of the Rockies and West of the Appalachians. That about sums it up. Some long climbs, some long downhills. Everywhere is just beautiful, especially in the spring. Some of the trail is super rocky, so hang on. Never a dull moment. Everything you could want and more. 3 and 1/2 hours is a good time for the full loop. There are lots of bail-out options for those looking for a shorter route.

So, who's down for some Missourri singletrack the weekend of May14-16? Free camping (no services) right on a 26 mile singletrack loop that will have you wondering when you can plan your next visit to ride the Berryman Trail. We'll also ride the sweet 13 mile singletrack loop at Cedar Bluff Lake sometime that weekend. Cedar Lake is about 20 miles away from the Berryman Campground. Big hills with 4 star trails just a six hour drive down I-55 and I-44.
    Bethany, Washoe and I are going to head down Friday Afternoon in the panzervagon. The Berryman Campground can be a little tricky to find in the dark, but its well worth the effort.

Some links about the Berryman and Coucil Bluffs
    http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/trails/hike_berryman_trail_OT.htm

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/camping/camp_council_bluff.htm

Brakes?

Good job! Berryman - YO!

L.R.

I hope some of the STL posse can come down and represent. We have a workday on the 15th, but maybe that night and the next day.

I'll circulate, and coordinate, so we can participate. Can you relate?

Tha-Pimp

get down!
    if there's going to be a big turnout I'm down, but that's a long ass drive for me.

any KC/Lawrence heads want to carpool?
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

mtbr member

Come ride The Me trail!

It would certainly be considered an insult to the Missouri State Forestry Department if I did not attend an outing on a trail named after me.

Surely I will get off my slacker ass and have my SS completed by then.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I'm going

It's the weekend after finals and I will be ready to get away for some fun instead of studying. Plus it's only 2 1/2 to 3 hours for me from Columbia, MO. It's gonna be a fun weekend. See you all there.

Peace,

Patrick