mtbr member
    Jun 2005

New question here. BCD 110 32T chainring?

I'm trying to find a 32t chainring for a 110mm 5 bolt race face crank. Do they exist? I want to switch to running a 32/19 from a 34/20 but it seems I may be unable to do this anyone know where to locate this specific chainring?Also does anyone have any thoughts on running more expensive 8or 9 speed chains on an ss as opposed to sticking with a cheaper ss chain, sram for example. thanks keri :

"Mr. Britannica"
    Quote Originally Posted by kerilou
    I'm trying to find a 32t chainring for a 110mm 5 bolt race face crank. Do they exist? I want to switch to running a 32/19 from a 34/20 but it seems I may be unable to do this anyone know where to locate this specific chainring?Also does anyone have any thoughts on running more expensive 8or 9 speed chains on an ss as opposed to sticking with a cheaper ss chain, sram for example. thanks keri :

34 is the smallest for 110bcd

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by roadiegonebad
    34 is the smallest for 110bcd
    This is correct. Need to change to a smaller BCD cranks to get to a 32. I feel your pain.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger

Quote Originally Posted by MudInMyEars
    This is correct. Need to change to a smaller BCD cranks to get to a 32. I feel your pain.
    Oh well I've been riding 34/20 for 5 years and thought that I'd switch it up on my new ride, Dean Colonel with some bling and some not so bling parts,looks like I'm stuck. Maybe 34/19 or 18 bring on the hurt!

"Mr. Britannica"
    Oh well I've been riding 34/20 for 5 years and thought that I'd switch it up on my new ride, Dean Colonel with some bling and some not so bling parts,looks like I'm stuck. Maybe 34/19 or 18 bring on the hurt!

Hmmm... Dean Colonel you say?

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    34T is the smallest size you'll find except for two sources...Boone offered a 33T titanium, and Vuelta offered a 33T aluminium, both years ago though (like 8 years ago).
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

HIKE!

33t Available here...

Go to www.peterwhitecycles.com you can get 110 5 bolt rings down to 33t (alloy only) made by TA Specialties, France. Gem like finish to boot. And pricey. But 33t is as low as it goes in 110mm bcd.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparrow
    Go to www.peterwhitecycles.com you can get 110 5 bolt rings down to 33t (alloy only) made by TA Specialties, France. Gem like finish to boot. And pricey. But 33t is as low as it goes in 110mm bcd.
    Would there even be a noticable difference in running a 33 as opposed to a 34? I don't know they are pricey but may consider it down the road or up the hill as it were. keri

drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
    Sheldonbrown.com/gears confirms my suspicion: 32/19 and 34/20 are the same ratio!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Keep your burgers lean and your tires fat." -h.d. | bikecentric | ssoft

HIKE!

Getting freaky deeky with gearing..

Nah, I bet a 33 vs a 34t ring isn't noticeable. Tinkering around on Sheldon Brown's gear calculator can give exact ratios/gear inches/speed at a given RPM so you can check the numbers, but on the trail I bet a rider wouldn't be able to tell one tooth up front.

AussieLostInNyc
    It's already been said, 34t is commonly the lowest. I am in the same boat and am not yet
    prepared to change my setup to get to 32t. I ride 34:20 on my 29'er.
    Try the pc58 sram chain. I stopped snapping chains when I made the switch.
    www.nycmtb.com
    .....spreading the love