mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Barbie Springs Eternal 2004

The Longview crew all bailed on me by Friday morning. All with reasonable reasons, but it left me with a new huge tent to sleep in all by myself. Oh well.
    So I drive to the campsite, set up my tent with oh so helpful comments from my neighbors and then jump on the bike to go play on the Log ride. Rode it once then went again and decided to show off with a side hop. Oops. Not wearing my bike shoes means my feet slip off and I twist my ankle.
    Dangnabbit!
    Saturday morning dawns and it is too sore to go on the Gray Butte ride so four of us decide to do a local ride on the metolius trail. We had fun!

Here's Abram trying a small stream crossing.

Here I am almost making it across.

Racing the bikes around camp.

Justin 'n Sparti, what a pair!

Derrick uses the 2 wheel tripod method of riding.

The Ground Rounder makes an appearance.

This frame was raffled off, it had nice graphics of the Barbie Twins on it. Paul shows off his Gray Butte flat smooth ground riding memento.

Awesome night campfires.

Heard the next day...
    [SIZE=1]"NO MORE MUSIC!!!!"[/SIZE]
    Don't know what that was about...

UFO's appeared around the campsite.

Jerry poses with his sister...

on the Peterson Ridge Trail ride Sunday

View from the ridge (sorry, haven't made the full panorama yet) of Black Butte and Mt. Hood.

Also, the spagetti feed was awesome, I ate so much noodles and sausage that I couldn't force myself to have any pie and whipped cream...

thanks so much for a great weekend. and I made it there and back to Longview on one tank of fuel, comes out to 26mpg, pretty good for an engine with 240,000 miles on it in a 4x4 truck...

bike ON

bob

34N 118W

campfires, kegs and freak bikes

flashbacks

looks like great weather. Missed out, but maybe some SoCalers can return in the fall.

thanks for the report & pics. MORE!

HW

Expert Pushing SSer

Still In BlissSS

Good riding with you and the group! I ate so much on Saturday, I forgot to save room for that fine barley pop that was served up ! Saturday's ride up near Gray Butte was oxygen depleating to say the least, only one SS'er on that one. Sunday's ride was very nice on Peterson Ridge. That was certainly a blast. Pleanty of memories of a great time follow for weeks after events like this one. Thanks to Sparty and the crew for supporting our habit.

Catch you on the flip side.

Mike
    Tuff Schist

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    ... We had fun! ...
    Thanks for recording the event for posterity, Bob. Personally, I didn't take a single picture! Sure had fun, though.

Thanks for coming down again and makin' it real. Sorry about your ankle. All better yet? Hope so.

--Davey
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

highly visible

Nice!

Looks a little warmer than last Spring's BC! Great pics Bob. Sorry about your ankle. By the way, I might be up for Siouxon, so-soon. Let me know if you're interested. Also congrats on the good mileage - now all you need to do is put biodiesel in that thing (as my wife is about to start doing in her old Volvo diesel) and you can cut out the oil companies completely.

Wish I coulda made it, although Krissy and I had a wonderfully relaxing 3-day weekend in Ashland. Barbie Camp always seems to fall on the 2nd weekend of her spring break. Fortunately we've negotiated that on all future spring breaks we'll vacation together the FIRST weekend so that I can still make BC on the second weekend. This was the first and only spaghetti feed to be missed by me!

- Dan

ali'i hua
    dammit! now I have to make fall BC. I'll probably be there afer a week of doing not much in the western USA in between the 24 hours of moab and BC.

any costume parties this time to have nightmares about? I'm still in therapy from Justin's costume at fall BC.

meatier showers

Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    dammit! now I have to make fall BC. I'll probably be there afer a week of doing not much in the western USA in between the 24 hours of moab and BC.

any costume parties this time to have nightmares about? I'm still in therapy from Justin's costume at fall BC.
    The dates for '04 Fall BC are Oct. 29-31. And you wonder if there'll be a costume party?!? Does that sound like costume party time? You betcha!

See you then. Bring a funky get-up and a whacko human powered machine, dude.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

ali'i hua
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus
    The dates for '04 Fall BC are Oct. 29-31. And you wonder if there'll be a costume party?!? Does that sound like costume party time? You betcha!

See you then. Bring a funky get-up and a whacko human powered machine, dude.

--Sparty
    will do. my sidecar idea got taken, I see. oh well, I work at REI, aka bike parts bins from heaven, all with zero price and that no one wants. hmm. lets see how many gears I can get on a bike. a overly geared bike would be sacrelige in the BC land of SSers.

my memory from BC:
    waking up in a fuzz (no idea what caused this...) saturday morning and someone doing triage around the campfire and all you hear is glass bottles being thrown into trashbags. havent a clue where the glass came from (burp)

so, the fall BC'ers will have to endure me after the 24 hours of moab and two weeks of MTBing the western united states. ah, my evil plan is unfolding: moab, durango, sedona? brian head? ah, the possibilities are too good to be true. hmm. maybe I'll bring the trophy girlfriend to torture sparty with