mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Back in the Pac NW, finally

Drove home from Boise yesterday, stayed with a friend in Boise that also SS's. that was the last leg of my December Journey.

Left Longview Dec 3rd and returned Dec 30th. Logged just shy of 8000 miles of driving. Drove out of the Ohio snowstorm and survived -10F in Iowa. Went to the beach in Delray Beach, FL. Saw a 140ft waterfall INSIDE Lookout Mountain. Saw South Carolina and North Carolina coast. Southport looks alot like Bend OR. That was a surprise as it's right on the ocean/river (Cape Fear). Looked at western NC, Virginia and West Virginia and thought that there must be some great mtb trails in there. Bathed at the Lava Hot Springs, ID. Due to inclement weather and road conditions, probably drove in 4wd in the 4runner for at least 500 miles, which works just fine at 70mph. Wish'd I coulda ridden some, but meeting Joel today at 10am for a re-introduction ride. Gonna take the Jekyll, don't think I'm up for the rippin' the Vulture can dish out yet. Gotta get in shape for the Old Pueblo 24 hour ride/race/party in a month and a half. That's the next big road trip. Haven't decided on when the next HarmCon will be, probably a couple of weeks after Old Pueblo. Have to talk to the rest of the crew.

Hope to see ya on the trails soon!

bike ON
    bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    red-haze
    The more I know the more I know I don't know.
    Let the bike ride the trail, you ride the bike.
    Look where you want to go, not where you don't want to go.

meatier showers

Nice pasty white body, dude............

....and it's okay for me to say that since my body's just as pasty and white.

Bob, please pin the HarmCon date down and announce it soon. We're makin' plans down thisaway and want to include a road trip up there to ride with you.

Speaking of... the Disciples of Dirt's annual "All Cummers Meat" (AKA Regional Multi-Club Invitational Ride at WhyPass) is tentatively planned for Saturday, January 22nd. Hope you and yer southern WA buds & budettes can & will plan on attending. We've ordered less snow than last year.

Please RSVP via PM or email. Thanks, brutha.

Lickin' Forehead,
    Davey/Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

mtbr member

So you ....

liked the snow in Ohio eh? Man, we're just now getting full lanes back on the main highways. Not that we can't handle 10-20 inches of snow, but it was so damn heavy being half ice and all. Temps in the 60's this week, we saw negative 12 last week...weird old Cincinnati Weather!

Hope to meet up with you and the NorthWet riders some day, really enjoyed meeting Shig last year, maybe I'll make the next big ride out there over the summer.

Hows the job hunt going?

MC

hae
    Quote Originally Posted by red-haze.com
    Drove home from Boise yesterday, stayed with a friend in Boise that also SS's. that was the last leg of my December Journey.

Left Longview Dec 3rd and returned Dec 30th. Logged just shy of 8000 miles of driving. Drove out of the Ohio snowstorm and survived -10F in Iowa. Went to the beach in Delray Beach, FL. Saw a 140ft waterfall INSIDE Lookout Mountain. Saw South Carolina and North Carolina coast. Southport looks alot like Bend OR. That was a surprise as it's right on the ocean/river (Cape Fear). Looked at western NC, Virginia and West Virginia and thought that there must be some great mtb trails in there. Bathed at the Lava Hot Springs, ID. Due to inclement weather and road conditions, probably drove in 4wd in the 4runner for at least 500 miles, which works just fine at 70mph. Wish'd I coulda ridden some, but meeting Joel today at 10am for a re-introduction ride. Gonna take the Jekyll, don't think I'm up for the rippin' the Vulture can dish out yet. Gotta get in shape for the Old Pueblo 24 hour ride/race/party in a month and a half. That's the next big road trip. Haven't decided on when the next HarmCon will be, probably a couple of weeks after Old Pueblo. Have to talk to the rest of the crew.

Hope to see ya on the trails soon!

bike ON
    bob

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowCat
    liked the snow in Ohio eh? Man, we're just now getting full lanes back on the main highways. Not that we can't handle 10-20 inches of snow, but it was so damn heavy being half ice and all. Temps in the 60's this week, we saw negative 12 last week...weird old Cincinnati Weather!

Hope to meet up with you and the NorthWet riders some day, really enjoyed meeting Shig last year, maybe I'll make the next big ride out there over the summer.

MC
    MC- If you wanted to come west sooner for a weekend ride, Bob's Harm Con is worth it.

Fly into Portland. Longview is 45 mins north.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common